ADVERTISEMENT

Demers throws a perfect game!

NCSF

Hall of Famer
Sep 4, 2011
Joe Demers threw a perfect game yesterday against Monte Vista. Reports are Trevor Larnach hit an absolute bomb for a grand slam. This is a special, once in a decade, type team and Coach Tarpley has groomed this group to be a national power for the last couple years. They have at least two front line pitchers, speed, defense, and two guys who have light tower power in Larnach and Nick Oar.

High school baseball fans need to make sure they see the game versus De La Salle when Hooper squares off versus Demers. Demers has been a four year stud at the Varsity level who combines a 92-94 mph fastball with polish where Hooper is 6'7 from the left, has touched 97, and is just figuring out his massive upside projection.

Two complete games for Joe DeMers this year with 14 strikeouts. This is a great team to follow.

The College Park-DLS game will be must see for High School Baseball fans. Also glad both of these teams are in D1 this year to get a potential section final.

No doubt those two guys are high picks. But an NCS final with two P draftees is almost impossible based on its one and done format. There've been some stars who can attest to that; Blackburn, Stephenson, J Ross and probably more. What's more probable is schools who have under-the-radar college D1 guys who are not yet 7s or 8s. There'll be plenty of MLB guns at that matchup later in the season. NCSF- 33 on the dls roster?!

1315- Didn't knot that re roster with DLS? I don't know how to manage that one?

DeMers is a stud. I don't know what the NCS or NorCal record is for varsity wins for a career, but he will have to be at or near the top by the time this season is over. He's averaged about 10 or 11 wins a year for 3 years and already 2 more this year. How many kids have won 40 in HS?

A potential DeMers vs. Hooper matchup in the NCS final would be awesome, but as 1315 noted all it takes is one top notch pitcher to take out one of those teams prior to the finals. A lot of baseball to be played first. 33? Wow, that could be some sort of record too.

College Park 9, Monte Vista 0

Monte Vista 000 000 0-- 0 0 0

College Park 210 501 x-- 9 10 0

Wilson, Maloon (4) and Resnick, Conner (4); DeMers and Burnham. W: DeMers (2-0). L: Wilson. 2B: DeMers (CP), Brown (CP). HR: Larnach (CP) 4th inn., 3 on. Record: College Park 2-0. Highlights: CP -- DeMers perfect CG, 0 H, 7 K, 0 BB; 2 for 3, 2 RBIs; Larnach 2 for 3, 2 R, 5 RBIs; MacIver 2 for 3, 2 R, RBI.

This post was edited on 3/11 5:49 PM by observer22

2015 DLS Varsity Baseball Roster

One had a HS roster of 23 and that was problematic. As you say, how do you coach that? All upperclassmen so maybe with the two frosh teams there's a no/low cut approach. Does Sparta collect a player fee for each sport?
BTW, Demers is the real deal. I hope he does well as a pro.

Seems like a perfect game would require a lot of pitches for so early in the season. If you had a HS kid throwing a no-no after five would you pull him if he'd reached his target number of pitches? I would. It's not like people will be looking up HS stats decades from now.

Quaffer- I would normally agree but here is what I would tell you- He has had a trainer for over four years and is incredibly strong, well advanced for a typical high school senior. He also has a recovery program (probably the most important thing) that is state of the art. Regarding pitch count- he didn't walk any and only had seven strikeouts. That tells me his pitch count was down. If I had to guess, I bet he stayed under 100 pitches in the 21 batters he faced. Pretty efficient.

Before I saw him pitch, I just assumed DeMers was just raring back and blowing the ball past hitters. But he is very effiicient and is a master in using his offspeed pitches to induce ground outs and set up batters. I know he can throw in the low 90s, but it seems like he only does so when he needs to, which is not very often. The kid knows how to pitch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT