ADVERTISEMENT

Dougherty Valley JV tournament last weekend

Jun 25, 2019
Don't sleep on JV tournaments, these are up and coming kids in these programs. I went to the Dougherty Valley tournament last weekend and I saw this one kid on St Pats team from Vallejo that was giving these big programs the biz! He played against De La, Mitty and Dublin HS and was by far one of the best players out there. And word is the kid is only at 70% due to coming off injury. The future is bright for St Pats!

Years ago JV basketball was fun watching and following because you could see a kid and be excited to watch his progress and skill set.In this new era of self entitlement with kids moving or changing high schools like changing there pants jv basketball has become
Almost meaningless definitely not the excitement surrounding a jv game before the varsity game as it use to be in the past.​

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Don't sleep on JV tournaments, these are up and coming kids in these programs. I went to the Dougherty Valley tournament last weekend and I saw this one kid on St Pats team from Vallejo that was giving these big programs the biz! He played against De La, Mitty and Dublin HS and was by far one of the best players out there. And word is the kid is only at 70% due to coming off injury. The future is bright for St Pats!
dad.. is that you?

What’s this kids name?? Why doesn’t he play varsity? SPSV ain’t good enough to be having guys that can contribute in JV.... and who watches JV tournaments anyways, besides parents ‍♂️

Just because it's a JV tournament doesn't mean these kids aren't talented players. Every kid isn't a phenom. JV allows kids more playing time to play through mistakes and grow their game instead of sitting on Varsity bench. These JV players are going to be future Varsity players in these programs. I'm impressed with some of these larger programs like De La, Mitty and Dublin High run their JV programs. The focus should be on developing these younger players getting them ready for Varsity.

The young man that I saw name is Jevon Blackmore. He's a transfer into St Pats I think is a Varsity level player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT