ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL 1/3

togos

Sports Fanatic
Feb 16, 2014
Dublin at Livermore (Dubs will be rebound and win big)

Foothill @Cal (both teams coming off huge wins) Cal can really shoot it at Grizzly dome. Foothill is playing well and McDermott is unstoppable right now.

MV @Dougtery (MV won a close game last time, this should go to DV at home but MV needs to win 3 of 4 to get in NCS. Don't count them out)

DELA @SR SR very good at home on Friday nights, however not enough shooters to keep them in the game. Power game might be neglected by the strength and power of Dela.

AV @Granada Granada playing some good basketball and are at home. Granada has too many shooters for AV. Should be a close game.

EBAL 2/3

Dublin at Livermore - Gael Force Wins

Foothill @Cal - Falcons by 6. They are hot and playing better D than the Grizz.

MV @Dougtery - MV in a close one. Both teams need this one badly, but Jones will have the Stangs ready to save their season.

DELA @SR - Sparty by plenty.

AV @Granada - Gotta go with the Dons here in another close battle.

Togos & Observer both bring up valid points but I think Observer was a little more clear cut with his picks. This time of year, there are plenty of factors that come into play. Are the teams healthy, injuries/illnesses, where is the game being played at and does that team have a quality fan base/6th man, coaching, go to players down the stretch that you can count on, so with that being said, here are my picks.

Dublin over Livermore- Dublin needs to get back on track after running into a nice Foothill team that was ready to play. Dublin is not 100% but with coaching and the healthy players they do, should be enough for a victory.

Foothill @ Cal- McDermott is playing as well as anyone right now but Cal is playing inspired basketball and a lot of credit must go to coach Khoo, his team fights until the end. I am going to pick Foothill, just to many options against a team that doesn't like to play defense. When you let Dougherty score 65 points, you have some serious problems on the defensive side of things. Foothill in a very close one.

Monte Vista @ Dougherty- Both teams are desperate for a win to keep there NCS hopes alive. Dougherty had a bad loss at Cal High while Monte Vista had an expected loss at home to De La Salle. Both team lack that go to player when you need a bucket, Rust has been that player for Monte Vista and Manansala for Dougherty but come crunch time, let's see which one takes over. Coaching will come into play here tonight, both guys can flat out coach. Which team will get a spark from there bench and help there team to victory. My pick is with the Mustangs, Rust & Bortz have to much size for the Wildcats and should be able to pound them on the inside.

De La Salle @ San Ramon- This is the case of one team being way better then the other. San Ramon's guard play must be better then it's been and scoring off the bench. Deely must come in off the bench and be aggressive and Bennett must play 25 plus minutes to pull of the huge upset. Orr & Pratt are the keys for the Spartans so if they can hold those two in check, I think the Wolves can pull off a major upset in Danville tonight. San Ramon at the wire.

Amador @ Granada- I usually go with the home team in close games and match ups but I am going with solid inside play and coaching of Amador Valley. The Dons will find a way to contain Katz and Williams poses a ton of problems for any team and especially a team that hates to play defense. Don's will win but the nice crowd at Granada will energize this team early and often but might not be enough.

Good stuff NCS. Gutsy call on SRV pulling the upset at the wire tonight.

Thanks, just giving it a try, not likely but a Friday night, great home crowd, size inside with a few shooters, one heck of a coach but there guard play is the only thing that scares me, Orr & O'Dea might be way to much but who knows.

You may be right. Not many people thought Foothill was capable of outscoring Dublin by 23 in the 2nd half the other night, but that's why they play the games.

Khoo does have Cal playing better. After losing 7 in a row, Cal has now won 5 of their last 7, with their only 2 losses coming at the hands of EBAL leaders DLS & Dublin. I still think Foothill wins, but would not be surprised with an upset.

I notice MaxPreps has the DLS-SRV game scheduled for tomorrow morning at 3:00 AM again:

2/4 3:00a
De La Salle (Concord, CA)

I notice MaxPreps has the DLS-SRV game scheduled for tomorrow morning at 3:00 AM again:

2/4 3:00a
De La Salle (Concord, CA)

I heard that was merely a symbolic time; that the game is really at 7:00 PM.
But in keeping with the 3:00 AM theme anybody who shows up in pajamas, slippers and or night gown should be admitted at half price.

Last edited:
DV upended MV 65-49, outscoring the Stangs by 10 in the final stanza.

Foothill edged Cal 67-63 in the one close game tonight. The Falcons were clinging to a 1 point lead in the final minute and fortuitously banked in a 3 pointer from beyond the top of the key to account for the final margin.

AV bested Granada 53-42.

Dublin crushed Livermore 83-46.

Current EBAL Standings

North

DLS 10-0
DV 6-4
SRV 5-5
Cal 4-6
MV 3-7

South
Dublin 8-2
AV 6-4
Foothill 5-5
Granada 3-7
Livermore 0-10

Foothill and AV both qualified for the playoffs with victories tonight. SRV needs to win 2 of their last 3 to qualify, while Cal, MV and Granada all need to run the table and win all 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT