ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL 2016 FootBall Season

I was checking out MaxPreps and they have Cal High ranked 114 in state and Monte Vista 39 in state and those both sound reasonable. They have Foothill ranked 41 and that sounds very high to me. Others are SRV 261, Amador 193, Granada 180, Dublin 402 and DV 582.

The EBAL teams have all got in at least five days of training in real nasty heat, but, the practices in the A.m are a relief, but the evening practice can be a beast, as its in the high 80's. Most of the teams have eight days before the first contact scrimmage takes place.
The San Ramon Valley School dist scrimmage between Monte vista, Dougherty Valley, San Ramon valley and California will be the first contact and on the 26th, let the games begin
The EBAL's nine team super league lets the EBAL teams with only one preseason game which is not fair to all the teams and a few don't have to deal with DLS. Now Amador Valley draws DLS on Sat. 8-27, So coach Danny Jones has his work cut out for him in preparation...the don's lost their first string QB to grad, but have Jordan Griffin and Adam Ashley aiming at the QB spot. Also, Brandan Larlson,Alex Crepean,Amir Fars'i and Jason Severance are on hand and a 6-4 JV team is moving up to fill the gaps.
New comers Dublin and Dougherty Valley join the EBAL and the Wildcats have a QB, plus a balanced team o Jr.s and Sr.s, but with little help from the JV's who went 2-7 and the Gaels sport a big line that is anchored by Keith Millard at 6-7 and 265, plus a Evret Korb at QB, good speed and a JV team that went 6-4, so in their first season, they will surprise a few teams, but may hold their own.
Over at Livermore, the Cowboys did well in the preseason in 2015, but league play was another story, but Coach Ryan Partridge has some tools to work with in Daniel Crip,Ben Kerling, John Hodges,Dominic Range,Mekhi McElroy, Jose Martinez, Logan Koch, Kenny Moniz, Adam Lebish, Brad Archer and Tyler Feglenhauer, but again, the JV's did poorly at 2-7, so the Cowboys face some tough decisions..
Now Monte vista is a different story as the Mustangs have Jake Haener who is one of the best QB's in the are to direct MV, plus a supporting cast of Shane Perry, Erick Krommenhoek, Corry Luciano and Zach Zeising to name a few plus a JV team who also went 6-4 to beef up the varsity. All thing considered, the Mustang's on paper look like the team to beat in the EBAL, but they face a challenge by California.
Granada took a beating at Grad, but they have a 7-2 JV team moving up to help out plus senior QBJason Frost to lead the troops...
Now foothill got hit super hard by Grad, so coach Matt Sweeny has the job of redefinding Foothill...But they do have Ben Woodridge back who passed for 1370 yards and 15 TD's, the question now is can he do it again..Plus bad news from the JV team that went 0-8-1.
California looks to be a sleeper, they have a fair group returning, plus a 7-2 JV to feed off and will be dangerous.
San Ramon valley always seems to field big lines, fast backs a QB's that come out of the woodwork, but have had a tough time building chemistry to move forward. But they have a QB who looks good and also a JV team at 6-4 to help out.
So when the season begins and the smoke clears, this is how the EBAL may finish the season.
Monte Vista
California
San Ramon Valley
Amador Valley
Granada
Dublin
Foothill
Livermore
Dougherty Valley
Foothill won't be able to compete despite another fine QB in Ben Woodridge and the bottom half of the league can't be overlooked as one or more of these teams could catch some one off guard.....

The EBAL teams have all got in at least five days of training in real nasty heat, but, the practices in the A.m are a relief, but the evening practice can be a beast, as its in the high 80's. Most of the teams have eight days before the first contact scrimmage takes place.
The San Ramon Valley School dist scrimmage between Monte vista, Dougherty Valley, San Ramon valley and California will be the first contact and on the 26th, let the games begin
The EBAL's nine team super league lets the EBAL teams with only one preseason game which is not fair to all the teams and a few don't have to deal with DLS. Now Amador Valley draws DLS on Sat. 8-27, So coach Danny Jones has his work cut out for him in preparation...the don's lost their first string QB to grad, but have Jordan Griffin and Adam Ashley aiming at the QB spot. Also, Brandan Larlson,Alex Crepean,Amir Fars'i and Jason Severance are on hand and a 6-4 JV team is moving up to fill the gaps.
New comers Dublin and Dougherty Valley join the EBAL and the Wildcats have a QB, plus a balanced team o Jr.s and Sr.s, but with little help from the JV's who went 2-7 and the Gaels sport a big line that is anchored by Keith Millard at 6-7 and 265, plus a Evret Korb at QB, good speed and a JV team that went 6-4, so in their first season, they will surprise a few teams, but may hold their own.
Over at Livermore, the Cowboys did well in the preseason in 2015, but league play was another story, but Coach Ryan Partridge has some tools to work with in Daniel Crip,Ben Kerling, John Hodges,Dominic Range,Mekhi McElroy, Jose Martinez, Logan Koch, Kenny Moniz, Adam Lebish, Brad Archer and Tyler Feglenhauer, but again, the JV's did poorly at 2-7, so the Cowboys face some tough decisions..
Now Monte vista is a different story as the Mustangs have Jake Haener who is one of the best QB's in the are to direct MV, plus a supporting cast of Shane Perry, Erick Krommenhoek, Corry Luciano and Zach Zeising to name a few plus a JV team who also went 6-4 to beef up the varsity. All thing considered, the Mustang's on paper look like the team to beat in the EBAL, but they face a challenge by California.
Granada took a beating at Grad, but they have a 7-2 JV team moving up to help out plus senior QBJason Frost to lead the troops...
Now foothill got hit super hard by Grad, so coach Matt Sweeny has the job of redefinding Foothill...But they do have Ben Woodridge back who passed for 1370 yards and 15 TD's, the question now is can he do it again..Plus bad news from the JV team that went 0-8-1.
California looks to be a sleeper, they have a fair group returning, plus a 7-2 JV to feed off and will be dangerous.
San Ramon valley always seems to field big lines, fast backs a QB's that come out of the woodwork, but have had a tough time building chemistry to move forward. But they have a QB who looks good and also a JV team at 6-4 to help out.
So when the season begins and the smoke clears, this is how the EBAL may finish the season.
Monte Vista
California
San Ramon Valley
Amador Valley
Granada
Dublin
Foothill
Livermore
Dougherty Valley
Foothill won't be able to compete despite another fine QB in Ben Woodridge and the bottom half of the league can't be overlooked as one or more of these teams could catch some one off guard.....

Foothill has a D1 caliber lineman in Zach Walsh but I really can't see them meriting the attention that MaxPreps has heaped upon them.

Foothill lost a great class to graduation but they still have one of if not the best coaches in NorCal with Matt Sweeney. There is NO way IMO that Dublin finishes ahead of Foothill in the standings. Millard has the size and the lineage but he's "charmin ultra soft"

Monte Vista
California
San Ramon Valley
Amador Valley
Granada
Dublin
Foothill
Livermore
Dougherty Valley

Bluedog2 .....Again, Great Post. You write more good stuff in one paragraph than I could ever hope to post in one season. Your posts take my short attention to a higher level. Thanks for your contributions,

.....and if you ever start a service of pre/post, in depth game analysis sign me up and tell me where to drop off the brown bag of unmarked bills....

Reactions: Bubba3000
Bluedog2 .....Again, Great Post. You write more good stuff in one paragraph than I could ever hope to post in one season. Your posts take my short attention to a higher level. Thanks for your contributions,

.....and if you ever start a service of pre/post, in depth game analysis sign me up and tell me where to drop off the brown bag of unmarked bills....
The 2016 season has five EBAL teams scheduling DLS.
8-26 ......Amador Valley at DLS
10-07.....San Ramon Valley home
10-14.....Foothill at DLS
10-21.....California home
11-04.....Monte vista at DLS
The key to playing DLS is to play their game, if you watch the way they start each play, its like military action, everybody does the same thing at the same time and its like a machine.. distracting the movement, not letting DLS push you around...Every body has the "IT" in them and you have to use it, if you can find it against the Spartans to try and turn the tables on them...Not a easy task, as DLS consistly fields a big strong line and they are well trained.

De La Salle
Monte Vista
SRV
Cal
Amador Valley
Foothill
Dublin
Granada
Livermore
Dougherty Valley

EBAL scrimmage this Friday at San Ramon Valley High School. California, Monte Vista, Dougherty Valley and SRV will all be competing.

Frosh - 3:30
JV - 5:00
Varsity - 7:00

Monte Vista
California
San Ramon Valley
Amador Valley
Granada
Dublin
Foothill
Livermore
Dougherty Valley
High 80's???? LMAO Triple digits in the Northern Sac valley almost everyday since Aug 1st. Crazy

Reactions: Bubba3000
High 80's???? LMAO Triple digits in the Northern Sac valley almost everyday since Aug 1st. Crazy

Sorry Bluedog2 but I chuckled too when I read the temps you wrote. In your defense it has been 90-95 degrees pretty much every day lately in San Ramon.

Last edited:
He did say it was High 80's in the evening practices, rather than at high noon.

He did say it was High 80's in the evening practices, rather than at high noon.
High 80's 90-95, I can remember when I practiced in the heat, I was sweating like a pig and lost 12 pounds in the process...It sounds like it may cool off a notch for Friday and Sat....BUBBA 3000, are you going to San Ramon to see how the guys do???...I'm headed to Pittsburg....

High 80's 90-95, I can remember when I practiced in the heat, I was sweating like a pig and lost 12 pounds in the process...It sounds like it may cool off a notch for Friday and Sat....BUBBA 3000, are you going to San Ramon to see how the guys do???...I'm headed to Pittsburg....

Bluedog, I have a sick pet and the only Vet appointment I can get is Friday night. However, I have a very reliable and unbiased CHS dad going that will send me his take on the four teams as he see's them.

Bluedog, I have a sick pet and the only Vet appointment I can get is Friday night. However, I have a very reliable and unbiased CHS dad going that will send me his take on the four teams as he see's them.
BUBBA3000...That sounds good, take care of the pet.....The guys are going to want to know how it turns out....

Question: Has any EBAL Team been in any Regional Bowl Game?

Just DLS. They were full members of the EBAL for 4 years, 2007 to 2011 football seasons. All the top EBAL teams have been D1 and DLS has won the section every season so none of them has ever been eligible for a bowl game as the only way in up to now has been to win the NCS.

However this season, similar to what the CCS has done, the NCS has established an Open division and it is now possible for a team other than DLS to move on to a bowl game this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT