ADVERTISEMENT

Fastbreak Baseball Clinic

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
FAST-BREAK BASEBALL

Dear Coaches-

I was watching the Oregon football game the other night as well as taking in a Golden State Warrior game on TV as well. What stood out in both games was the rate of the speed that both teams played at. I immediately started thinking about how the same tempo could be applied to baseball. Thus, the clinic.

I reached out to the guy many baseball people think is the brightest man in the country when it comes to baseball, Jerry Weinstein. I asked Jerry if it was possible to up the tempo in baseball. His reply was "no doubt about it".

The main theme of the clinic is how to speed up the tempo of the game and put relentless pressure on your opponent. "We" want to control the tempo on offense and defense. Defensively, make teams force the decision-making process by defensive alignments, bunt defense, pickoff plays, pitch patterns, and pitch tempo.

Offensively, learn how to develop a run scoring mindset. Implement creative base running fundamentals. How to develop an offensive system that puts ALL the pressure on the defense.

Jerry will explain how to practice at game speed and over-speed.He will give us drills on how to implement these items. These are the same principles Jerry will be implementing at the highest levels of professional baseball.

Baseball is always looking for "secrets" on how to get better. They always want to be on the cutting-edge. This clinic will give all of us absolute strategies on how we can give an advantage to our teams and make the game fun. This day with Jerry will will change the way we will run our practices and coach the game!

The clinic will be held at Mitty High School (5000 Mitty Way San Jose, CA 95129) Sunday, February 22. We will start at 10 AM and go all day until 6 PM. We will have a hitting clinic in the middle to observe and watch how Jerry implements his "fastbreak methods" and breaks down hitters in the cage and on video. Please follow the link to sign up.
http://www.norcalbaseball.org/page/show/614680-fees

Please pass this on to other coaches who you think would like to learn from Coach Weinstein. We encourage you to bring your staff ($25 each successive staff member). Please email me (rtbruno1@gmail.com) how many coaches in your group so we are prepared with materials for all coaches.

Rob B.

Thanks Streak- Coach Weinstein is the greatest mind in Baseball and we are thrilled to have him for an all-day clinic. We want to thank Coach Hutton, the dean of Northern California high school baseball, for hosting it. This should be a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT