ADVERTISEMENT

FIBA U19 starts tomorrow

Not sure if any of you are watching the U19 but the women are 4-0 and into the quarterfinals. Even though they are winning I am surprised at how bad the free throw shooting is and how much standing around there is on offense.

Not sure if any of you are watching the U19 but the women are 4-0 and into the quarterfinals. Even though they are winning I am surprised at how bad the free throw shooting is and how much standing around there is on offense.

Who's coaching the team? It's interesting you say that there's a lot of standing around on offense. A lot of teams now a days run set plays and you see more and more kids just standing. Not many teams run a traditional motion offense where everyone is moving

Jeff Walz from University of Louisville is the head coach

Natasha Adair University of Delaware

Cori Close UCLA

What time PST are these games...tomorrow morning
BTW the quality of the video stream is excellent
Spain vs Australia
USA vs Belgium

So we are 14 hours behind. So I 530am you should get the semis live. The quality of the stream is great.

I watched most of the USA games...

Seems like the rest of the world is gaining on us. I see that as a good thing, btw. The more excellent hoops players the better, no matter where they are from.

We may have gotten lucky on that unsportsmanlike call that helped us get into OT in the final... Yes, definitely an elbow to the face, but unsportsmanlike may have been a bit extreme; I'm not sure she threw the elbow to cause contact on purpose... But we'll take it... As far as I'm concerned, USA Basketball should still be getting good karma as payback for that 1972 Munich game. FOREVER! :)

Both the semi v. Belgium and the final v. the Aussies were great games!

I agree that the everyone is getting better and that the games have become more competitive. The final was a great game and the Aussies came to play after we beat them soundly at the beginning of the tournament.

That first Aussie game was close for awhile... almost a half, I think.

Aussies followed their efforts through much better in the final.

Watching PanAm Games does Sabrina play on both the USA 3 on 3 team and the 5 on 5 USA team....if not...did she have a choice and decided to play on the 3 on 3....

Apparently, she's pretty much locked in for the 3x3 ... barring disaster.

And maybe it will get more girls playing 3v3 or 2v2 on their own... it would be good for the game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT