ADVERTISEMENT

Final Bishop McNamara 84 Riverdale 43

BM destroying RD 3 mins to go
BM 78 RD 41
2 mins to go
BM 80 RD 41
Clinic...clinic...the new number one ...no question...not even an issue for next weeks poll
Watch Here
for free
https://www.htcinc.net/beach-ball-classic/

I will have to review the results of the Nike TOC and consider that with the level of challenge BM has had. Then I'll decide ( not any computer or anyone else) who's #1. Because I tend to have the most accurate SOS poll in the nation. :)

Remember BM plays in one of the strongest leagues in the country
PVI and St Johns also in the league...oh and they also go to Title IX next week... they will be tested...again

Remember BM plays in one of the strongest leagues in the country
PVI and St Johns also in the league...oh and they also go to Title IX next week... they will be tested...again

Playing league teams you clearly know in places at or close to home is not the type of challenge a team will get playing 4 tough games against teams you rarely know far away from home, back to back four days straight. I will have to look into what just took place at the Nike TOC and see where teams like MCD and Windward fit on that top team(s) in the nation list. And see if a cup cake challenge measures up to a pound cake challenge. Then I will put together the official SOS top ten. Hey I don't know yet who is gonna sit at #1 on my list based on sos. It might be BM? Or it might be some other team that has been challenged a bit more. And my list typically gets compiled a little later or at the end of the year so more is taken into account. That way an undefeated team sitting at # 1 who plays in a Mickey Mouse end of the season state tournament can't stick out their chest as if they truly deserve to sit at # 1 on the official sos National ranking list.

Last edited:
Bishop McNamara plays in the Title IX this week ... and has nationally ranked St. Frances in January.

And I think it's tougher to play quality league rivals in crowded gyms with lots of fans. League rivals aren't intimidated at all, though again, they have to be very good -- then again, St. John's is very good, and McNamara will likely play them three times.

Bishop McNamara plays in the Title IX this week ... and has nationally ranked St. Frances in January.

And I think it's tougher to play quality league rivals in crowded gyms with lots of fans. League rivals aren't intimidated at all, though again, they have to be very good -- then again, St. John's is very good, and McNamara will likely play them three times.

I have to disagree that a one league game against a rival you know how to game plan for is harder than going on the road in perhaps the toughest tournament in the nation and play one of four games against a team you don't have an idea how to game plan for or who the refs will be or how they will be calling the game. And then after you play that one tough game ti's followed up by 3 tough games in 3 days all while sleeping in a foreign bed eating foreign foods. So I will still need to weigh what just happened this past week and thus far this season, and who will be playing in what state championship to better understand whose had the toughest SOS.

I could be wrong but my gut is telling me BM won't have the toughest SOS this season. How tough is their end of the season state championship? If it is tough than they might have a shot even though they didn't come play with the big dogs at the Nike TOC. Who's tournament was tougher Pinewood's in Hawaii or BM in the Title IX?

Pinewood played two mediocre Hawaiian teams and then Incarnate Wood in Iolani.

Bishop McNamara has No. 14 Roland Park, National Christian (which beat Christ the King), Pickerington Central (one of Ohio's best) and Neumann Goretti (one of Pennsylvania's best) all in its bracket. Plus a league with No. 5 St. John's and solid Paul VI. Plus the Bishop Walsh tournament at the end of the year that will likely have Roland Park again, and No. 12 St. Frances.

And McNamara just beat previous No. 7 Riverdale by 41 and previous No. 23 Southeast Raleigh by 21. They have at least nine D1s and several Power 5s -- Pinewood, or anyone else for that matter, just doesn't have that kind of depth.

Reactions: Paytc
Pinewood played two mediocre Hawaiian teams and then Incarnate Wood in Iolani.

Bishop McNamara has No. 14 Roland Park, National Christian (which beat Christ the King), Pickerington Central (one of Ohio's best) and Neumann Goretti (one of Pennsylvania's best) all in its bracket. Plus a league with No. 5 St. John's and solid Paul VI. Plus the Bishop Walsh tournament at the end of the year that will likely have Roland Park again, and No. 12 St. Frances.

And McNamara just beat previous No. 7 Riverdale by 41 and previous No. 23 Southeast Raleigh by 21. They have at least nine D1s and several Power 5s -- Pinewood, or anyone else for that matter, just doesn't have that kind of depth.

Who did Riverdale TN, Roland Park, and Southeast Raleigh beat to deserve to be ranked so high in the first place? Even Riverdale Baptist (MD) shouldn't be ranked in the top ten and they're better than those two IMO. And obviously CTK was over ranked at the start of the season as were just about everyone else.

I'd like to see Bishop McNamara play live ! Too bad they didn't come to the Nike TOC. While they sound like a top ten team, no team is unbeatable. I recall a few years ago Pinewood upsetting the best team in the nation (IMO for two seasons) SMS. So even the best teams, and the best teams on paper, can be beat out on the court. But I will say thank you for your insight on the team and their challenges. That will help me as I start keeping an eye on them the rest of the season. And it will help determine IMO what team at the end of the season had perhaps the harder SOS. Or achieved the most based on the group of players they had, and how much they over came greater challenges by season's end.

If Bishop McNamara can get past St. John's even once that might prove more to me than anything they've done thus far. Or anything that they appear to be to some people on paper.

Remember things aren't always what they seem.

Example: Salesian beat Centennial ( a very good team) and then loss three straight at the Nike TOC. Centennial after losing to Salesian went on to beat Grandview ( Who beat Mitty typically one of you highest ranked teams), Bensen Tech, and Sanford, in the next 3 games of the Nike TOC. Mitty went 2-2 at the TOC and Salesian 1-3. Does that mean Mitty and Salesian are really not top teams? Or does that mean preparing for 4 tough road games at typically the toughest tournament in the nation is a lot harder than playing in a local or close to home tournament or playing a local league team is not quite as tough a challenge?

Clay, your statement below this comment proves the point "things aren't always what they seem."

And Centennial just may beat Windward? Who knows after MCD showed Windward may meltdown in the last four minutes, if the game is close, which most likely will be the case.

Last edited:
Centennial benched their best player and three other rotation players for the Salesian game for continued tardiness. Still a win for Salesian, but we'll see how good Centennial really is when they play Windward on Jan. 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT