ADVERTISEMENT

FOLSOM NEW QB

LL,
Our RB is 6ft 200lbs. He is a FB player through and through. I agree that baseball could be an option but he eats, drinks and thinks FB 24/7

Espero plays HS baseball, but doesn't play travel ball. We don't have a good baseball program. Could be a great baseball player if put in the time for it, but loves football.

I see this as Troy Taylor and Kris Richardson recruiting not only for sac state but Folsom as well. I bet 100% they told him he should go to Folsom while either recruiting his brother or him taking a visit.

Why does every transfer have to be due the nefarious actions on the part of coaches? I mean, Folsom, like De La Salle, has built a program that is recognized Nationally. It's really not that hard to believe that the success of Folsom's offense over the past 10 years and the D1 athletes that have graduated through the program recruited this kid more than anything else.

Look at Sheldon basketball for example. Marcus Bagley transferred there this past year because of the continued success of the program -- not because coaches recruited him. His family was moving to the area and were looking for a top program. And Sheldon has been up there with the likes of Modesto Christian in recent years.

It sounds like an eerily similar situation was presented to this kid and his family. Other than DLS, what NorCal program would you choose? Then factor in that the kid is a QB and Folsom makes a lot more sense than DLS.

I seriously doubt any of Folsom's coaches -- former or current -- had anything to do with their decision.

Reactions: ESPN Ken and ararar
@ThunderRam If you truly believe Folsom coaches past or present had nothing to do with this kid's decision then you are naive... You do not just pack up and move two states away on a big what if? He knew the QB situation there and was definitely approached or told of that situation whether if it was when sac state was recruiting his brother etc.

Name the last time an OUT OF STATE player has gone to De La Salle? I cannot think of one kid who's family moved states away just to go to De La Salle. Folsom has already had 3 kids from Reno (NV), Lynch i think transferred in from Florida and now this kid from WA. Folsom is good, but not Nationally good enough to have kids and families move out of state without some type of coercion or interference

Reactions: THEOC89
Correction 10...it is 5 players....
Bennet
3 Ngatas
Pierre
and a host of regional players.....
I'm not saying they did anything illegal.
I am saying it seems hard to believe this happened with no influence....JMHO.

Name the last time an OUT OF STATE player has gone to De La Salle? I cannot think of one kid who's family moved states away just to go to De La Salle. Folsom has already had 3 kids from Reno (NV), Lynch i think transferred in from Florida and now this kid from WA. Folsom is good, but not Nationally good enough to have kids and families move out of state without some type of coercion or interference

McKenzie for a year would fall into that category.

@ThunderRam If you truly believe Folsom coaches past or present had nothing to do with this kid's decision then you are naive... You do not just pack up and move two states away on a big what if?

I’m naive? Did you not read the thread? The kids older brother will be attending CAL. Sounds just like a Marvin Bagley situation where the family is relocating to be near their son.

Like the younger Bagley, this kid is seeking out the best football situation for a QB. In BB, Sheldon’s name would surely come up from anyone you asked. For football, Folsom’s name would come up.

Could there be a conspiracy behind it all? I suppose anything is possible. But you’re taking a huge leap in assuming that there is w/o any credible evidence.

I mean, Virginia just advanced to the NCAA final (and won) on a controversial foul call at the buzzer that came on the heels of missing an obvious double dribble that should have won the game for Auburn. Should we all assume it was a nefarious plot too?

You’re making a strong accusation here. You need more than some weak circumstantial evidence. Otherwise you’re reaching, pure and simple.

You know I’m far from a Folsom homer. But I also like to be fair.

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
I think to say that both DLS and Folsom have built programs that are recognized nationally is a bit misleading. DLS obviously, but I don't see Folsom as being a nationally recognized program, at least until they step up their schedule, which many other posters have commented on.

I’m naive? Did you not read the thread? The kids older brother will be attending CAL. Sounds just like a Marvin Bagley situation where the family is relocating to be near their son.

Like the younger Bagley, this kid is seeking out the best football situation for a QB. In BB, Sheldon’s name would surely come up from anyone you asked. For football, Folsom’s name would come up.

Could there be a conspiracy behind it all? I suppose anything is possible. But you’re taking a huge leap in assuming that there is w/o any credible evidence.

I mean, Virginia just advanced to the NCAA final (and won) on a controversial foul call at the buzzer that came on the heels of missing an obvious double dribble that should have won the game for Auburn. Should we all assume it was a nefarious plot too?

You’re making a strong accusation here. You need more than some weak circumstantial evidence. Otherwise you’re reaching, pure and simple.

You know I’m far from a Folsom homer. But I also like to be fair.
Why dont you, Champ and our DO buddy get together for some chat time....Pizza Place again??

Reactions: ThunderRam
Why dont you, Champ and our DO buddy get together for some chat time....Pizza Place again??

Damn.....sounds a lot better than my missed chat time a few years back with the G-61 at the Folsom Auburn Rd 7-11 before game time. Like a fool I was stood up; left standing next to the South O' the Border Nacho bin holding a purple Super Slushie and Buffalo Wing Beef Jerky.......pathetic, never again.

Damn.....sounds a lot better than my missed chat time a few years back with the G-61 at the Folsom Auburn Rd 7-11 before game time. Like a fool I was stood up; left standing next to the South O' the Border Nacho bin holding a purple Super Slushie and Buffalo Wing Beef Jerky.......pathetic, never again.
LMAO.....These guys showed and we had a great time....

Your right streak one McKenzie... although his dad got HIRED aas the GM of the Raiders.. so they moved for his dads job not for his son to play at DLS
Yeah and his ass ran off the next year when he learned DLS doesn’t bend the rules even if all-American or if your daddy was a pro, just like Montana found out. I respect the heck out of that.....

Yeah and his ass ran off the next year when he learned DLS doesn’t bend the rules even if all-American or if your daddy was a pro, just like Montana found out. I respect the heck out of that.....

I hate to hijack yet another Folsom thread and make it about De La Salle....but **** it!

De La Salle with Asiasi, Tagaloa, Larry Allen Jr., Antoine Custer and Andrew Hernandez ram the ball down this year's Mater Dei team's throat and make the gag a little if you take Khalil McKenzie back from CVC .

That OL was NASTY!

I hate to hijack yet another Folsom thread and make it about De La Salle....but **** it!

De La Salle with Asiasi, Tagaloa, Larry Allen Jr., Antoine Custer and Andrew Hernandez ram the ball down this year's Mater Dei team's throat and make the gag a little if you take Khalil McKenzie back from CVC .

That OL was NASTY!
Really?? Because they couldn’t do that against SJB who by all accounts had less talent on their Defense

Reactions: RedZone90
Ahhh man! Coulda spent $2 on a power or mega and .48 woulda gone back to Jerry to fund your local public. (Okay, agreed...that’s fools play.) You DO pour if you get a WCCUSD bid, no?!

Let's not forget Custer went out in the first series due to injury and even without him DLS was driving for the winning score at the end of the game. Just some context brother.
He said Ram the ball down their throats.I don’t care if Custer played or not they weren’t Ramming the ball down SJB throats and certainly not last years MD defense.
Oh and the excuse thread is on the national board LOL

I’m down. But maybe some place other than Pizza Place? Ive been hearing that it’s not quite the same since Keith sold it and the new ownership took over in Dec. A lot of the locals and HS kids have been turned away. Maybe Boneshakers or Strikes??

I’ll have to check in with Rick to see if he’s in town or hanging out in Idaho.

Reactions: WWHS44
Last years DLS/Mater Dei game was a good gmr for DLS, considering they were up against a transfer machine. Hard to respect MD coach Rollison for how he puts his transfer team together.

I’m down. But maybe some place other than Pizza Place? Ive been hearing that it’s not quite the same since Keith sold it and the new ownership took over in Dec. A lot of the locals and HS kids have been turned away. Maybe Boneshakers or Strikes??

I’ll have to check in with Rick to see if he’s in town or hanging out in Idaho.
Lot more to it....I know the guys who bought it....They are adding a liquor license and trying to change the "culture" of the place.....more bar less family.....

Strikes lost their liquor license couple weeks ago......love Boneshakers, Petes, Primos....

Last years DLS/Mater Dei game was a good gmr for DLS, considering they were up against a transfer machine. Hard to respect MD coach Rollison for how he puts his transfer team together.

I Disagree about Rollo Because he had to do what he did to stay competitive in his own league against SJB... I actually commend him for taking it to the next level and out doing Negro... I think it speaks to what a great coach he is...

While on some level, I do feel it “Lessens” his wins vs DLS, that it took the “All Star” team route to be able to get the upper hand... I am realistic that the “0-4” Teams were competitive, and it could easily be 2-2... And since he has became the “OC All Stars”, He has played a National schedule including a victory over IMG...

So I can’t get down on Rollo because the true indicator of a great coach is one who can adapt and win in whatever era they are coaching in...

I Disagree about Rollo Because he had to do what he did to stay competitive in his own league against SJB... I actually commend him for taking it to the next level and out doing Negro... I think it speaks to what a great coach he is...

While on some level, I do feel it “Lessens” his wins vs DLS, that it took the “All Star” team route to be able to get the upper hand... I am realistic that the “0-4” Teams were competitive, and it could easily be 2-2... And since he has became the “OC All Stars”, He has played a National schedule including a victory over IMG...

So I can’t get down on Rollo because the true indicator of a great coach is one who can adapt and win in whatever era they are coaching in...
Good point about trying to stay competitive with SJB.Had no choice, Rollo didn’t start the transfer craze. I also respect him for scheduling even tougher non league opponents to match his increased talent level.

He said Ram the ball down their throats.I don’t care if Custer played or not they weren’t Ramming the ball down SJB throats and certainly not last years MD defense.
Oh and the excuse thread is on the national board LOL
I think DLS would have. Was just a more rounded team. If Custer is healthy of course.

Jordan Richards, SS, NWE, ATL, OAK; 2015 - Current
Ryan Rau, LB, PHI; 2012
Virgil Carter, QB, CHI, CIN, SDG; 1968 -1976

Jonah Williams should become the 4th player and there’s a possibility that Jake Browning could be the fifth. Beyond that, Joe Ngata, Daniyel Ngata and DeShawn Lynch look to be the next best candidates.

Might consider Badger on that list too. Kid is a hell of a football player.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Honestly, not sure how I didn't include him. I've been on record saying I think he could end up better than Joe Ngata.

Major oversight on my part. Great call out.

Well, having Joe Ngata on the other side might have helped from time to time. He's losing that. But I'd say he gets more opportunities as a result. Might be fun to see how that works out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT