ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Showcase in So Cal

TheHillZ

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2018
Lots and lots of top California teams, plus good squads from AZ and Nevada.

Don't see results anywhere, but Matthew Kovach was a non-stop tweet machine throughout the games. https://twitter.com/MattyK31

Etiwanda has some extremely talented players and smothering defense, but didn't look in sync. Oakland Tech was competitive with them, but couldn't score. La Jolla Country Day was without its two national team players and struggled. Clovis West beat Lynwood. Pinewood/Fever won all three games.

how are these teams allowed to play under their high school names before the October 31 start date?

how are these teams allowed to play under their high school names before the October 31 start date?
That is an excellent question. I don't know the answer, but it's pretty clear that the rules are different in Southern California.

That is an excellent question. I don't know the answer, but it's pretty clear that the rules are different in Southern California.
I believe they play under a club/AAU banner, though most if not all team members are from the same school.

Kind of silly when you lump the teams together. The NorCal teams have "club" names and the SoCal teams just have the high school name.

Reactions: CW Golden Eagles
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT