ADVERTISEMENT

I Remember. It Was New Years Eve 1960

Marcskit

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2002
My boys and I were headed into Manhattan for a fun night out. We went to a Murry the K show at the Paramount.
Saw Smoky Robinson, the Ronnetts, Clyde McFatter, Jackie Wilson, Albert Collins, and the Righteous brothers.
Drunk off our ass, we headed over to a White Castle. Famous for 5 cent hamburgers.
We run smack dab into a Black Watch Scotchman from Scotland. He had a Black Dagger strapped to his leg. And a kilt
Which we gave him tremendous shit for. He said, instead of killing you all, let's settle this the right way.
Who can eat the most burgers. I ate thirty and quit, after he bested me by one.

What does this have to do with anything? Nothing, just a fun New Years Eve.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Spent a number of drunk nights at the White Castle growing up in NY. Back when we were young (80s for me) and single we would head out looking for women. We either went home with one, or if not, you often ended up at White Castle with your boys. My boys and I once got in a good 2am melee in a white castle (back before you had to worry that someone was gonna pull a weapon). Good times for sure, and dang those burgers gave you the worst wind.

California Classic is a great event here in SacTown. Really great to see some of the young talent. I hope they do it every year. . . . and every year that I watch summer league I think the NBA can definitely absorb 4-6 more teams without any dilution in talent (Seattle, Vegas, STL/KC seem like prime candidates at a minimum)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT