ADVERTISEMENT

Inderkum stages comeback to beat Monterey Trail

I think you could see potentially 4 SJS teams in D1 of the CIF, but I don’t see any SJS team making the Open.

I think you could see potentially 4 SJS teams in D1 of the CIF, but I don’t see any SJS team making the Open.
That would be a horrible precedent to have a region as big as the SJS have their best team not even play for the NorCal championship.

Reactions: kiddman32
Agree with Observer's take. The winner of the top level any section that has either Grade 1 or Open of its own should go in NorCal Open, no matter what. Obviously, that leaves North Section out, because they have no D1 schools. And it should leave Oakland and SF sections out of automatically getting to Open, for basically the same reason.

Edit: I should say North, SF, Oak, if any of them has a good enough team to qualify, certainly can be an at-large if selected.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
I still find it shocking that Inderkum's player who punched an opponent in the back of the head last year is allowed to play.

They're an ultra-talented team, and if you can't coerce them into taking bad shots, they'll light up the scoreboard.

Reactions: ayalar09
I still find it shocking that Inderkum's player who punched an opponent in the back of the head last year is allowed to play.

They're an ultra-talented team, and if you can't coerce them into taking bad shots, they'll light up the scoreboard.
he served his suspension. are you saying he should never be allowed to play basketball ever again?

Six games for something that could have led to charges being pressed, while Riordan's players who shoved but didn't punch got three to four games.

I don't know what the right discipline is for that. But that doesn't seem proportionate.

Six games for something that could have led to charges being pressed, while Riordan's players who shoved but didn't punch got three to four games.

I don't know what the right discipline is for that. But that doesn't seem proportionate.
if the riordan kid would not have started the fight, he wouldnt have got punched and cost his team a shot at a state title.
the brooke has PLENTY of other things to worry about other than a punch at a high school basketball game.

Reactions: EthanRKassel
if the riordan kid would not have started the fight, he wouldnt have got punched and cost his team a shot at a state title.
the brooke has PLENTY of other things to worry about other than a punch at a high school basketball game.
We talking about something from last season.
The kid Butler is having good season. 28 against Trails. Freshmen that is leading the Inderkum team. That's crazy.

Agree with Observer's take. The winner of the top level any section that has either Grade 1 or Open of its own should go in NorCal Open, no matter what. Obviously, that leaves North Section out, because they have no D1 schools. And it should leave Oakland and SF sections out of automatically getting to Open, for basically the same reason.

Edit: I should say North, SF, Oak, if any of them has a good enough team to qualify, certainly can be an at-large if selected.
Let SJS get 1 Norcal Open team. They will go on the road and lose. The top 4-5 teams in Norcal are much stronger than the best SJS team this year. Branson smashed MT and they aren't even the top Norcal team.

Let SJS get 1 Norcal Open team. They will go on the road and lose. The top 4-5 teams in Norcal are much stronger than the best SJS team this year. Branson smashed MT and they aren't even the top Norcal team.
MT isn’t the best team is SJS. I agree that the SJS is down at the top this year but can we stop acting like whoever wins it’s is some massive drop below. Riordan and Salesian are looking to be the class of the north with Branson having an outside shot. Whoever wins the SJS will be fine in the open. If they get a bad seed and go on the road against Riordan and Salesian they will lose but that would go for whoever the 5-6-7-8 seed is.

MT isn’t the best team is SJS. I agree that the SJS is down at the top this year but can we stop acting like whoever wins it’s is some massive drop below. Riordan and Salesian are looking to be the class of the north with Branson having an outside shot. Whoever wins the SJS will be fine in the open. If they get a bad seed and go on the road against Riordan and Salesian they will lose but that would go for whoever the 5-6-7-8 seed is.
Didn't say MT was the best team. They are one of the best teams however. The GAP between MC, MT, CC, Sheldon, Inderkum with the best Norcal Open teams is big this year. And I would argue St Joes is still the team to beat in Norcal open. They have 2 losses. A 1 point loss to a top LA Open Team (Roosevelt) and a big loss to nationally ranked Gonzaga from DC. I'm assuming they stay in norcal. Honestly, Clovis North to me is better than the top SJS team this year.

Didn't say MT was the best team. They are one of the best teams however. The GAP between MC, MT, CC, Sheldon, Inderkum with the best Norcal Open teams is big this year. And I would argue St Joes is still the team to beat in Norcal open. They have 2 losses. A 1 point loss to a top LA Open Team (Roosevelt) and a big loss to nationally ranked Gonzaga from DC. I'm assuming they stay in norcal. Honestly, Clovis North to me is better than the top SJS team this year.
I don’t disagree. But unless they are going to do a 4 team NorCal open bracket they are going to have fill those spots with somebody. Imo whoever wins SJS d1 should go open. Probably will be a first round lose but so be it.

I agree with that, also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT