ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the greatest public school run in CA history? Folsom Bulldogs 5th title since 2010

Dec 9, 2023
Folsom now moves to 5-1 in state title games. One for the thumb! In my opinion this is the greatest run of any public school program in CA history. What is even crazier is that this Folsom team was probably by far the worst team to win a state title of all the 5, lead by a sophmore QB who was pretty much a one man show.

To think that teams in the SFL haven't been able to beat the blue machine, even when they are a bit down, is crazy to me! Just a testament to the quality of the Folsom program. They played a very tough schedule this year and went undeafted in one of CAs premier leagues.

Congrats Folsom on ring #5! One for the thumb!

Folsom now moves to 5-1 in state title games. One for the thumb! In my opinion this is the greatest run of any public school program in CA history. What is even crazier is that this Folsom team was probably by far the worst team to win a state title of all the 5, lead by a sophmore QB who was pretty much a one man show.

To think that teams in the SFL haven't been able to beat the blue machine, even when they are a bit down, is crazy to me! Just a testament to the quality of the Folsom program. They played a very tough schedule this year and went undeafted in one of CAs premier leagues.

No, it’s not….. One Simple reason…. Folsom has never proved themselves to be the #1 team in Nor Cal by playing in an Open Game…..

And they have no one to Blame but themselves for Crying to the SJS commissioner to implement the Folsom rule which is a Hugh Black eye that taints the Folsom Program…..

That Black eye will never be Healed until Folsom Makes The Open Game no matter how many lower level Exhibition Bowl games Folsom wins….

Or beats either Corona Centennial or Even Mission Viejo…..

Centennial probably a better program.They just have to get through the Socal section top dog. Maxpreps has them rated higher over last 5 years. Mission Viejo may be a stronger programas well. No doubt Folsom is a strong public school program, but they need to play more of the stringer socal public schools.

Reactions: THEOC89
Folsom is up there, especially in NorCal.
Don't think McClymonds/Skyline were this good for 10-15 straight years.
Pitt is probably the gold standard for NCS publics but they ran into the DLS machine yearly since 1991 and even at least a decade prior really.

Long Beach Poly had a crazy run, they are still good.

Didn’t Anaheim high have some decades long success until the 90s? Not sure if it’s on Folsom level.

Reactions: THEOC89

(With my apologies to Eminem)

”Guess who’s back, back again? Pasty’s back, tell a friend (to ignore him at all cost).
Guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back?”

Last edited:
Folsom is up there, especially in NorCal.
Don't think McClymonds/Skyline were this good for 10-15 straight years.
Pitt is probably the gold standard for NCS publics but they ran into the DLS machine yearly since 1991 and even at least a decade prior really.

Long Beach Poly had a crazy run, they are still good.

Didn’t Anaheim high have some decades long success until the 90s? Not sure if it’s on Folsom level.
Good call on Anaheim…. Anaheim Football dates back to the early 1900’s….. They were a Power house in SoCal, their Heyday was more the 50’s, 60’s and into the 70’s…..

For all their success they only won 3 Section Titles in like the 60’s but HSFB was different back then I am sure….

I played against them in the 80’s where they were a playoff team almost every year, but I don’t remember them winning any league titles or making any deep playoff runs…..

The opening of new high schools and the rise of Servite eventually thinned out the talent they had, but yes, I don’t think you can write the history of So Cal HSFB without talking about Anaheim…..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT