ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Ford in first action...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Ford rode the pine for the whole game last week vs. Nevada, but he got 13 minutes of floor time tonight as the Gaels pounded Prairie View A&M 110-72.

Stole the rock on his first defensive set, and ended up with 12 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds and the one steal. 2 of 8 shooting, 7 of 8 from the FT line.

I was wondering if he got hurt? I guess he should have been born Aussie.... Sad to see St Mary's just signed 2 more foreign players. One from Latvia and one from Australia. I just can't get behind this program.

A few more notes on former folsom players.

Jared Wall - Menlo College- Doing really well. Looks like he's the 6th man for 4-2 team. He's scored 26 and 20 pts recently. Looks to have found a good home. Love how hard this kid played.

Alec Andrews- Cal Tech- (arguably the best school in the country) Nailed 4 3pts in opening loss.

Anybody know what happened to Colin Russell? The 6"9 big from that team? He was at Univ of Portland fresh year but Terry Porter took over and my guess is his scholarship wasn't renewed. I never really saw this kid as a D1 player. Sadly I'm not surprised.

Where did Try Finch end up>

Last edited:
Russell is at Casper College in Wyoming I believe. He is garnering more D1 interest there already, so I think this kid will prove you wrong about being a D1 player twice.....

Finch is playing at Sierra College in Rocklin.

Did a little more research and found that he was a starter in their first two games, both wins.

Also starting there:

Eric Toles from Cosumnes Oaks
Tyler Jennings from Captal Christian
Isaiah Quintero from Antelope
Rashard Thornhill from Antelope

Last edited:
I liked Finch. Solid player. I could see him play low D1 or very high D2.

I'm not sure about Russell. Seemed really soft and raw. 6"9 in HS and can't average double figures in pts? Most kids would get that off offensive rebounds alone.

BTW, DJ Wilson from CC looks amazing for Michigan. He keeps progressing and he's an NBA player. I loved his versatility coming out of Capital Christian. He's put on weight and looks to be almost 6"11 now.

DJ Wilson is playing well for Michigan, which is a really good system for him. He has progressed well (more than I thought he would), but let's not call him a NBA player yet.

Good update on the guys at Sierra College. People just brush off JUCO ball, but there is some real talent there.

Oscar Frayer is starting at GCU averaging around 9 points per game. Terrell Brown is averaging around the same at San Jose State. Both seeing immediate mins at their respective universities.

Just got back form Cal vs SDSU and Sac State Vs UCD at G1 Center. What a venue. Cal is pretty weak without Jabari Bird. SDSU really took it to them. Cal has new PG who is an absolute stud though. (charlie moore) Malik Pope has the game and frame of a long NBA career if he works at it. (Don't know if that is in his DNA). Dakari Allen plays within himself but the other guard from Sheldon never played. (Williams). I always said he was a low D1 or high D2 kid. I give him credit for sticking it out. Rabb was coming off an injury. I'm not sold on him being special at the next level. I think he will be a backup 4 somewhere.

Streak, DJ is 6"10 with a 7"3 wingspan. The game comes so easy to him. Trust me he's on the radar of NBA scouts.

Legend -

Ford knew what he was getting into and seems extremely happy. SMC returned everybody from a 29 win team, they are ranked 15th in the country and the guards in front of him right now are better. He will get his time and he will have a lot of success there in his career.

Solomon Young has been playing 18-20 min a game for Iowa State, but will be out for 2 weeks with a broken pinky finger after a alley oop dunk. Christian Terrell is now starting at UCSB, along with Gabe Vincent and Jalen Canty.

Attended the St Mary's game against San Jose State. I agree with what everyone is saying. Jordan will be just fine. He is just a freshman getting settled in. He only played 9 minutes that game and looked a bit timid. As he starts to settle in, he will get more comfortable along with more playing time. Excited to see how the Gaeles do this year!

I was wondering if he got hurt? I guess he should have been born Aussie.... Sad to see St Mary's just signed 2 more foreign players. One from Latvia and one from Australia. I just can't get behind this program.>

I find it odd you can't get behind a program because they recruit foreigners. That's the only way they can compete, they will never be able to out recruit the likes of the Pac-12 for the best American players, who are you going to convince to come to school in Moraga? Hard to argue with their results and they do have aspirations beyond just winning a conference title. Two of those foreigners have forged NBA careers for themselves to go along with a ring each in Mills and Dellavadova. It's nice to see a small school consistently perform at the level they do.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
I'm hardly in the minority here with my view of St Mary's hoops. Go to school in moraga? Gosh what a terrible environment that is 30 minutes away Oakland/SF. I'm just not thrilled that they have a roster full of kids nobody knows anything about from a foreign country. How hard would it to be to recruit a quality team within 500 miles of that campus? You have how many million in CA? 40? I wish Ford the best of luck. I really like his game and think he will have a nice career.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
I'm hardly in the minority here with my view of St Mary's hoops. Go to school in moraga? Gosh what a terrible environment that is 30 minutes away Oakland/SF. I'm just not thrilled that they have a roster full of kids nobody knows anything about from a foreign country. How hard would it to be to recruit a quality team within 500 miles of that campus? You have how many million in CA? 40? I wish Ford the best of luck. I really like his game and think he will have a nice career.

If it was so easy to recruit a quality team within California, why don't UC Davis, Sac St., San Jose St., and numerous other CA schools have good teams consistently?

St. Mary's is trying to compete with the big boys, playing Gonzaga usually three times a year, and then earning their way into the NCAA tournament. If they can get players from overseas who can help them do that then so be it.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
College basketball is a dog eat dog world. You recruit from where ever your skills and contacts allow you to draw and retain quality players and people. As Thomas Friedman has said: The World is Flat. This is globalization and if foreign players can help St. Mary's or any school, and they have a way to recruit them, who can fault them. The fact that they have turned two of them into NBA players already, is certainly a plus for any Australian good enough to play D1 basketball.

Reactions: BadBucks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT