Mi'Cole Cayton picks

dilbertw

Hall of Famer
Jun 25, 2001
Cal Bears!!!!!!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkjsoU9VEAAVGJH.jpg
CkjsoU9VEAAVGJH.jpg

Reactions: kkross22
This is a big signing for Cal. Cayton is a difference maker that could start at the 1 or the 2 next year for the Bears.

Reactions: kkross22
My question to those who have seen her a lot: Is Mi'Cole a Pac-12 point guard? My impression has been she's more a two guard, as Sierra Smith played the point for SMS more, I thought.

Clay,

My question to those who have seen her a lot: Is Mi'Cole a Pac-12 point guard? My impression has been she's more a two guard, as Sierra Smith played the point for SMS more, I thought.

Mi'Cole is more of a combo guard. Because she is so good at taking a defender off the dribble, having the ball in her hands a lot can become a problem defending her team. That said, I don't think she would take the starting position from Asha Thomas who is probably a more natural point guard. Having two players who are skilled enough to play the one or two at a very high level is a plus for Cal. I think it adds to the ability for the coach to creatively come up with lineups to put into the rotation based on the opponent played, and flow of each game. Also having someone to kick the ball to a wide open Asha Thomas (who shoots the 3 ball well) can also create problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT