Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Quarterfinals are set:

Salesian-Freedom
Manteca-Immanuel
Modesto Christian-Turlock
El Cerrito-Central (Fresno)

Great rundown of scores and stats from the event here - http://www.modestochristian.org/Day1-Games

Caught the Freedom game online today. Balanced group with two good senior guards. Sloppy game overall for them (passing and defense were poor). Real test will be how they handle Salesian on Wednesday.

They didn't. Salesian 70-28, rolling clock in 4th quarter. Wild and super-ugly game. Can't fault the effort on either sides, but the execution, however... Salesian played bad, Freedom played historically bad. Both sides hurrying way too much and out-of-control.

Semi-finals are set:

Salesian-Manteca
Central (Fresno)-Modesto Christian

Wow really surprised to see freedom get beat that bad were missing players
or anyone injured?

No injuries or missing players that I know about for Freedom... Sometimes, full-court pressers fly apart when they meet someone who does the same thing, only better.

All I know is that I was sitting among a half-dozen hoops junkies and they all agreed they were looking at some pretty bad basketball, even on Salesian's part.

I see that Salesian beat Salesian tonight to get into the finals, and that Central of Fresno beat MC on the other side.

Freedom lost today to Immanuel and they are suddenly on a losing streak...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT