ADVERTISEMENT

Moreau @ Logan

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Frosh game, as I mentioned in my Thunderstix-and-bad-fans rant in another thread, was an overtime thriller won by Moreau...

JV game was a good one, too... Moreau pulled it out by a 63-56 tally.

Logan beat Moreau 70-62 in their first meeting, and if they can win thus one will clinch the league title. Logan is #8 in NCS, Moreau is #9.

I have found a spot in this huge gym relatively far away from the most idiotic fans and across from the Thunderstix... which I don’t see or hear at all, btw. Maybe somebody told them to can it.

One thing, my other recent complaint, empty gym syndrome, ain’t gonna happen here. 3000-seat gym will be at least three-quarters full by varsity game time.

So letting go of the outside distractions... 8 minutes til game time!

It’s a chess match early... halfway thru the 1st, it’s 4-3 Logan.

Action heats up quite a bit late in the 1st... 15-11 Logan to end the 1st q.

22-19 Logan, 5:52 left in the half... Getting a good bit of end-to-end action now.

32-30 Logan at the end of the first half...

Best sequence was a full-court drive ending in a spectacular blocked shot which started a full-court drive the other direction... and a spectacular blocked shot! All in about 12 seconds..

Logan keeps threatening to take this thing over, but Moreau will then make that one play that keeps ‘em in it. 42-38 Logan with 4:10 left in tge 3rd.

Every time Moreau looks like they’re gonna catch up... Logan makes that ONE big play.... Logan leads 54-48 going into the 4th. Moreau has been within 2 or 3 quite a few times...

Logan finally gets in a big punch in the form of two straight corner 3’s to finally get some breathing room... Then Moreau drives and scores, but it’s 72-64... now 74-68 with a minute left...

Congrads mval champs outright. I was wrong thought max would be the difference maker.
Can't win missing all them fts. Maybe 15.
Made 0. ●●●●●● 3s.

Is there any chance Logan or moreau makes the open?

I think both would have to win NCS, meaning Moreau would have to knock off BOD, and Logan would have to get by DLS-Dublin-SL.

8 teams are going to the party, and beyond Sheldon, Salesian and whoever wins the CCS Open, the NCS D1 & D2 winners should be in the mix for consideration.

I don’t see 3 teams getting in from CCS, most likely just the Open finalists. That would leave 6 spots for Sheldon, Salesian, and ??

Just my opinion on how norcal open will look, barring any upsets.

1. Salesian- ncs d3
2. Sheldon-sjs d1
3. CCS open champ
4. Dublin- ncs d1
5. Odowd- ncs d2
6. Modesto christian- sjs d2 runner up or Central Section d1 winner
7. CCS open runner up or MC
8. NCS d1 runner up if Logan or CCS open runner up

Reactions: damim
Just my opinion on how norcal open will look, barring any upsets.

1. Salesian- ncs d3
2. Sheldon-sjs d1
3. CCS open champ
4. Dublin- ncs d1
5. Odowd- ncs d2
6. Modesto christian- sjs d2 runner up or Central Section d1 winner
7. CCS open runner up or MC
8. NCS d1 runner up if Logan or CCS open runner up

Dublin beat Riordan, Mitty lost to Dougherty Valley, and Serra lost to Miramonte this year, so I’m not sure the CCS champ will be seeded ahead of Dublin or whoever wins NCS D1.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Am I wrong for not wanting to see Logan make the open? I'd rather them have chance to get far then be a first round exit because I don't think they're on the level of other open division teams.

Dublin beat Riordan, Mitty lost to Dougherty Valley, and Serra lost to Miramonte this year, so I’m not sure the CCS champ will be seeded ahead of Dublin or whoever wins NCS D1.

Tbh, I really don't think Dublin will end up winning ncs. It's just when thinking about them NOT winning it, there are too many scenarios I'm willing to lay out. One reason I said barring any upsets. What happens in ncs D1 will have a big impact on the open. What if its dls and college park in the finals? SL vs logan? All good teams but open caliber? I feel this year the top 2 should have a bye and 4 others play it out. No need to go 8 deep. The number of teams taken should be fluid from year to year. Shouldn't be putting good teams in the open that aren't open caliber. It defeats the purpose.

Tbh, I really don't think Dublin will end up winning ncs. It's just when thinking about them NOT winning it, there are too many scenarios I'm willing to lay out. One reason I said barring any upsets. What happens in ncs D1 will have a big impact on the open. What if its dls and college park in the finals? SL vs logan? All good teams but open caliber? I feel this year the top 2 should have a bye and 4 others play it out. No need to go 8 deep. The number of teams taken should be fluid from year to year. Shouldn't be putting good teams in the open that aren't open caliber. It defeats the purpose.

Also not fair to good teams that have a chance to go deep in the state bracket having to play some monster team like Salesian in the first round and go home early.

For example, logan for some reason matches up real with Salesian but they have no chance to beat them, MC or Sheldon in a playoff game. I'd be pissed if we got thrown in as an 8th seed just to have no realistic chance at making it past the first round.

The current open/competitive equity system is not fair to most schools. It is designed to punish the best programs in the state.

It is extremely unfair to the great teams that do not win the open, while good teams who avoid the open, win northern california and state "championships"

The current open/competitive equity system is not fair to most schools. It is designed to punish the best programs in the state.

It is extremely unfair to the great teams that do not win the open, while good teams who avoid the open, win northern california and state "championships"

It's honestly only "unfair" to a handful of schools. Most schools aren't the best programs in the state. It's actually elevates the best programs by giving them their own stage instead of the best teams being spread out through multiple divisions.

I wonder, if you saw a player wearing a shirt saying "d3 nor cal and state champs" would you tell him that it isn't a real state championship because salesian played in the open?

It's honestly only "unfair" to a handful of schools. Most schools aren't the best programs in the state. It's actually elevates the best programs by giving them their own stage instead of the best teams being spread out through multiple divisions.

I wonder, if you saw a player wearing a shirt saying "d3 nor cal and state champs" would you tell him that it isn't a real state championship because salesian played in the open?

Winning D3 in the current system means they weren’t one of the top 16 teams in the state (Open), or one of the top 17-48 teams (D1), or one of the top 49-80 teams (D2). They still had to compete their butts off to win a 32 team bracket, but it’s certainly not what it used to be.

Last edited:

No but I would congratulate them on being the 56th best team in NorCal.

I actually wouldn’t because that would be mean. But they should call it tier championships instead of division championships. Most school’s division is not the division they compete in for NorCal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT