northbaybbguru

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
I have questions...

How many teams make it to the Open?

4? 6? 8?

And is it like basketball where if u make the Open u automatically make it to Norcals?

If not automatically make it..how many do?
Winner only? Top2 only? Top 4?

Please only reply if u have the definite answer thanks

top 8 teams make it.

winner goes directly to norcals (or open if selected), two runners up play for the second spot (d1 regional)

I have questions...

4? 6? 8?

And is it like basketball where if u make the Open u automatically make it to Norcals?

Last season there were 8, divided into 2 brackets.

#1 (DLS) & #2 in a bracket with #7 & #8. Winner of this side of the bracket goes to NorCal as the NCS Open rep.

The winner of the lower bracket (seeds #3 through #6) plays the loser of DLS/#2 seed game for the NCS D1 rep. - See the 2023 brackets below:

Last season there were 8, divided into 2 brackets.

#1 (DLS) & #2 in a bracket with #7 & #8. Winner of this side of the bracket goes to NorCal as the NCS Open rep.

The winner of the lower bracket (seeds #3 through #6) plays the loser of DLS/#2 seed game for the NCS D1 rep. - See the 2023 brackets below:

Such a dumb system. Why does DLS only get 2 playoffs games?? Just have a 1 through 8 playoff bracket if you make it to NCS championship you qualify for the bowl game it’s that simple oh wait cif doesn’t want teams coming off losses to immediately jump in a bowl game. NCS teams were 2-1 through coming off losses to DLS from 2016-2018 when the NCS had a real open division. Such a confusing and dumb system that makes no sense. Just my opinion

I have questions...

4? 6? 8?

So does a CN who looks like a top 4 NCS team this year gets pulled up into Open for NCS?
Top 3-4
DLS
Pitt
Newman/SRV

So does a CN who looks like a top 4 NCS team this year gets pulled up into Open for NCS?
Top 3-4
DLS
Pitt
Newman/SRV
you gotta be kidding me. newman is not a top 4 team, calm down. they are right in the mix with the best of the second teir teams though, which is GREAT for a school of their size. teams that are inarguably better than them (in no order):

dls
pitt
san ramon valley
liberty
clayton
acalanes
el cerrito

anybody else, they can beat on any given friday. fascinated to see how they do against san marin and windsor this year.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Top 3-4
DLS
Pitt
Newman/SRV
I thought that there was some new rule that you can only play up or down 2 divisions in the playoffs based on attendance…. I believe this would put Newman in D4 so D2 would be the highest they could play?….

Not sure if that is totally correct though….

I thought that there was some new rule that you can only play up or down 2 divisions in the playoffs based on attendance…. I believe this would put Newman in D4 so D2 would be the highest they could play?….

Not sure if that is totally correct though….
there is an exception for d1. top 8 teams make d1 regardless of division, if a d4 team loses in d1 they can then return to d4 bracket

you gotta be kidding me. newman is not a top 4 team, calm down. they are right in the mix with the best of the second teir teams though, which is GREAT for a school of their size. teams that are inarguably better than them (in no order):

dls
pitt
san ramon valley
liberty
clayton
acalanes
el cerrito

anybody else, they can beat on any given friday. fascinated to see how they do against san marin and windsor this year.
Top 3 no doubt which I why I had them at 4. Maybe they are 5 but certainly are in the top 8 in NCS. Hell they are top 15 on NCP out of all teams.

Reactions: THEOC89
Top 3-4
DLS
Pitt
Newman/SRV
That's funny top 4 team in NCS, maybe they should focus on being top 4 in their league first! 🤔 Haven't beaten Windsor or Marin Catholic in a few years that should probably be there first priority.

Reactions: RLS13
That's funny top 4 team in NCS, maybe they should focus on being top 4 in their league first! 🤔 Haven't beaten Windsor or Marin Catholic in a few years that should probably be there first priority.
Thats just a homer comment by somebody not well informed. Newman hasn't finished lower than 2nd place in league in probably 25 years and won't even being in the tougher newly formed league. Windsor, SM , and MC both lost tons of players and are still good but in rebuilding mode. Marin Catholic will likely be 0-3 after the manteca game. Tough year to schedule up but props to them.
Newman plays a much improved ODOWD team in a few weeks. That is my 1st worry.

Is there section more messed up than NCS? SJS has its areas of desire, for certain, and CCS, arguably, is too math based...but NCS having losers advance is a joke. If anyone ever questioned whether or not the playoff format(s) in CIF are arranged for some deadbeat to make over six figures sitting on their keister all day, look no further than the NCS football playoffs.

Is there section more messed up than NCS? SJS has its areas of desire, for certain, and CCS, arguably, is too math based...but NCS having losers advance is a joke. If anyone ever questioned whether or not the playoff format(s) in CIF are arranged for some deadbeat to make over six figures sitting on their keister all day, look no further than the NCS football playoffs.
ccs has losers play on too. so does san diego. this is not novel to ncs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT