ADVERTISEMENT

No. 8 Mission beats No. 1 St. Mary's

Per CIF final was 75-72 - looks like Mission trailed early and took a double digit lead and had to hang on for dear life.

Finally posted: Lincoln - SF pulls off a mild upset for Clear Lake 76-58 to advanced to NorCal Semi-Final.

Interesting Factoid: Mission Travels to Immanuel High and Lincoln has to travel to Dinuba High. Immanuel and Dinuba schools are within 7 miles of each other (only 200+ miles away LOL). Two local SF teams playing two local neighboring schools in the Southeast corner of California.

Finally posted: Lincoln - SF pulls off a mild upset for Clear Lake 76-58 to advanced to NorCal Semi-Final.

Interesting Factoid: Mission Travels to Immanuel High and Lincoln has to travel to Dinuba High. Immanuel and Dinuba schools are within 7 miles of each other (only 200+ miles away LOL). Two local SF teams playing two local neighboring schools in the Southeast corner of California.

Maybe they can share a bus ride up there! Good luck to these public school programs!

Good for the city. Lincoln is really a D1 school size wise with 2500 students. Mission is truly a D4/D3 school with about 800 students

Reactions: CityVibesII

it is more central than south... us in LA have zero affiliation with dinuba or reedley...

Good for the city. Lincoln is really a D1 school size wise with 2500 students. Mission is truly a D4/D3 school with about 800 students

Doing my research the school sizes are close

Lincoln is 2500 students Dinuba has about 1900 if I read correctly

Mission is about 800 students and Immanuel is about 300.

No idea how each of theee central schools play but should be fun

Extremely disappointing
I am sure. Panthers were up by as much as 16 at one point. Mission just does not give in with its full court pressure. They figure at some point, the other team will break. I am sure Buckner was having bad dreams playing Mission (knowing them from Crusader Classic days). both coaches quality men.

Reactions: BadBucks
I am sure. Panthers were up by as much as 16 at one point. Mission just does not give in with its full court pressure. They figure at some point, the other team will break. I am sure Buckner was having bad dreams playing Mission (knowing them from Crusader Classic days). both coaches quality men.

This Mission team is nowhere as talented as its 2017 State Championship team (no post game), but just as numbling relentless. City kids personified.

Reactions: colhenrylives
This Mission team is nowhere as talented as its 2017 State Championship team (no post game), but just as numbling relentless. City kids personified.

This is the boys basketball board, but the Lowell girls are playing extremely Mission-like as well.

Piedmont had some pretty good players. THey had a couple of big girls who could play. They had a tall Asian girl who could handle the ball and one girl who could shoot very well. If the game was purely a 5 on 5 game, Lowell would have lost. But Lowell is pretty relentless on defense and Piedmont eventually wore down.

Mission does that to a lot of teams as well. So props to the AAA boys and girls for scrapping their way to the 3rd round. I don't know what to make of Lincoln's team. BUT based on what I saw of their opponent Saturday (YouTube is a friend), I think Lincoln has a shot to advance.

Reactions: CityVibesII
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT