ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 12 is Horrible

passfirst

Sports Fanatic
Aug 4, 2004
With the bad air quality, combined with the holidays, I have been submerged with hoops! I can truly say the Pac 12 is terrible. Arizona State may be the best team. UCLA just got took behind the woodshed, and Its not looking good for Utah. Yikes!

I said it in another post.... WCC might be a better conference this year from what I've seen. Zags look like a legit final 4 team. Beats Duke at Maui without one of there best players. USF and LMU are a combined 11-0. LMU just beat GTOWN by 14. BYU is 5-1 with only loss to top 10 ranked UNR. St mary's is down from the past few years but still should be solid. Pac 12 is a mess. I mean CAL is atrocious. Absolutely embarrassing. Stanford isn't much better. Just got buried by 23 to Florida.

I watched that UCLA vs Mich St game. Just men vs boys. I'm betting most of the UCLA kids wouldn't last 1/2 practice under coach Izzo

Definitely not tuning into any Pac12 games anytime soon. Do they even have a top 25 team? Maybe Arizona?

I said it in another post.... WCC might be a better conference this year from what I've seen. Zags look like a legit final 4 team. Beats Duke at Maui without one of there best players. USF and LMU are a combined 11-0. LMU just beat GTOWN by 14. BYU is 5-1 with only loss to top 10 ranked UNR. St mary's is down from the past few years but still should be solid. Pac 12 is a mess. I mean CAL is atrocious. Absolutely embarrassing. Stanford isn't much better. Just got buried by 23 to Florida.

I watched that UCLA vs Mich St game. Just men vs boys. I'm betting most of the UCLA kids wouldn't last 1/2 practice under coach Izzo

Definitely not tuning into any Pac12 games anytime soon. Do they even have a top 25 team? Maybe Arizona?

Pac 12 is bad but top to bottom still better than the WCC come on LL. Oregon, USC and Arizona State and Arizona will all be tourney teams maybe Washington as well. UCLA doesn't defend at all and that won't change until they get another coach. Stanford is very young but I think program is headed in the right direction.

Normally I would say yes. I'm not so sure this year. The conference looks really bad overall. Oregon looked very average when I watched them play against Iowa. USC isn't anything special. 3-2 so far with losses to Vandy and T-Tech. I like what Hurley is doing at ASU though. No surprise there. Would have been nice for that USF game to have been played.
Wash got really stale with Romar there. They let him rot that program away. The new guy from Syracuse is solid though. But they aren't anything special.

The conference or champions is turning into the the conference of mediocrity.

If anything the Pac-12 has gotten worse over the last five years. The league is simply not a factor at all in the national picture, a complete afterthought at tournament time. And, let's be honest here, the only WCC team to do any sort of real damage on the national stage is Gonzaga. St. Mary's tends to flame out in the post-season. BYU has gone downhill. Small wonder the Zags keep threatening to leave the WCC to improve their RPI and overall status, not to mention their fiscal bottom line.

And who would have thought UNR is on the national scene better than any Pac12 team right now. Agreed about Pac12 demise. Directionally its going nowhere. Don't agree about BYU. They are 5-1 right now and have averaged 24 wins the last 5+years. That is a solid program.

And who would have thought UNR is on the national scene better than any Pac12 team right now. Agreed about Pac12 demise. Directionally its going nowhere. Don't agree about BYU. They are 5-1 right now and have averaged 24 wins the last 5+years. That is a solid program.

On the national stage, BYU is a non-factor. Program has never sniffed a NCAA title. Ever.

Last edited:
Since John Wooden retired after the 1975 campaign, Pac-12 teams have played for the national crown seven times, winning twice. A Pac-12 team, Arizona, is the last league outfit to grab a title (1997). UCLA is the last league unit to play for a championship (2006) and lost.

Last edited:
As for the WCC, since USF won back-to-back NCAA titles in 1955 and 1956, only Gonzaga has played for a national championship; that occurred in 2017 and the Zags lost. That's a 61-year drought.

Last edited:
By the way, regular-season records are nice. What matters is the NCAA tournament and the West Coast, other than the Zags, has become a desert. Sad but true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT