ADVERTISEMENT

Sac State is getting a basketball arena!

BigMann08

Sports Fanatic
Dec 1, 2008

It seems that Sac State will be bidding farewell to its current basketball gym at the end of this year. According to the Sacramento Bee, the school has plans to construct a new arena/facility. This is welcome news as the existing gym has a junior high appeal. The construction of a new facility is long overdue and definitely a step in the right direction.

It seems that Sac State will be bidding farewell to its current basketball gym at the end of this year. According to the Sacramento Bee, the school has plans to construct a new arena/facility. This is welcome news as the existing gym has a junior high appeal. The construction of a new facility is long overdue and definitely a step in the right direction.
The article was somewhat vague. I don’t think they are building a new facility. It sounds like they are converting a current on campus building to a larger gymnasium venue. But either way it should be a huge improvement.

The article was somewhat vague. I don’t think they are building a new facility. It sounds like they are converting a current on campus building to a larger gymnasium venue. But either way it should be a huge improvement.
I believe that you are right!

My understanding as well. It will be renovating current student rec center. The “nest” will be buried forever!
Makes sense. I just saw on the news that they are going to renovate the basketball area at The Well …. That’s a nice size area. Don’t know the dimensions but would be nice if they could get about 4-5k seats in there.

Basically, they are adding expandable seating to the largest basketball area in The WELL (the student activity center built about 10 years ago). The NEST will remain in place, and likely be used as a practice facility, and possibly volleyball matches (it’s perfect size for VB crowds, and women’s BBall as well IMHO).

The new President came on board and was embarrassed by the facilities, and found money that had been set aside years ago through a student referendum to build The Well and an Athletic Center.

StingersUp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT