ADVERTISEMENT

SHC @ Soledad - "The 0 must go!"

Feb 19, 2024
The Sacred Heart Cathedral Fightin' Irish, some 671 Days after their last football victory, are slated to travel to Soledad this afternoon to take on The Soledad Aztecs. Soledad, a small community of a little over 24,000 with 4,000 or so being inmates at Salinas Valley State Prison, will also be looking to notch a tally in the win column after a dismal 1-9 2023 season with their lone win coming to start up Rancho San Juan 20-14.

This matchup in scheduled for a 7:30pm kickoff and will be broadcasted exclusively on the NFHS Network!

• Haha
Reactions: FormerD1Backer
The Sacred Heart Cathedral Fightin' Irish, some 671 Days after their last football victory, are slated to travel to Soledad this afternoon to take on The Soledad Aztecs. Soledad, a small community of a little over 24,000 with 4,000 or so being inmates at Salinas Valley State Prison, will also be looking to notch a tally in the win column after a dismal 1-9 2023 season with their lone win coming to start up Rancho San Juan 20-14.

This matchup in scheduled for a 7:30pm kickoff and will be broadcasted exclusively on the NFHS Network!
Expect SH to take full advantage of this matchup vs lesser opponent. Im looking for 300 yard passing game by Sargent, 100 yard rushing game by Williams, 3 receivers with 75+ yards receiving, and at least 1 defensive TD score. Will not have an opponent like this the rest of the year to exercise last year's demons. 49-6 Irish.

Does anyone know how this game was scheduled?

I know Soledad sometimes likes to go outside the box, but usually its with a different section. To get a WCAL school to travel to Soledad seems a little odd. SHC usually schedules different opponents, Palma, SHP Burlingame etc, traditionally stronger and more consistent opponents than Soledad. I think the game will be closer than 49-6, but then again I only scored 18 point in pick' em
last week so... 🤷‍♂️

For any SHC fan coming down, try a swiss sausage sandwich they are delicious...

I know Soledad sometimes likes to go outside the box, but usually its with a different section. To get a WCAL school to travel to Soledad seems a little odd. SHC usually schedules different opponents, Palma, SHP Burlingame etc, traditionally stronger and more consistent opponents than Soledad. I think the game will be closer than 49-6, but then again I only scored 18 point in pick' em
last week so... 🤷‍♂️

In the previous seasons, SH usually scheduled up instead of down. Last season they were emphatically punching above their weight class. The only silver lining was some of their offensive players played well vs the better than average teams. Defensively they looked horrible so much to look forward to this season on both sides of the ball. It appears they have a lot more speed defensively, however the real difference will be if those guys actually have desire to tackle this season unlike last season.

last week so... 🤷‍♂️

When a Team goes “A Goose Egg” within thier own league or conference they need to get out of an “Ear Shot” of anyone knowing them to get an OOC. Or Preseason game.

As a famous WCC coach stated back in the day, “ Any place, Any time , Any one”,… SHC has put a new meaning to that phrase now 😳🤣😳🤣😳🤣 🎤…drop

• Haha
Reactions: aztecpadre
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT