ADVERTISEMENT

Stuart Hall @ Riordan - 7PM

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
Tonight Stuart Hall(9-1) takes on Riordan(4-3) at 7PM.

Should be a great matchup. Miles Amos, Nigel Burris and Alex Byrd versus Je'lani Clark, Bryce Monroe, and Riiny Riiny!

I think all six of these players are great, but the key to this game will be the OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. Who will step up for both teams, especially off the bench.

Both teams play tough games after this one with Riordan playing another BCL-West Opponent in University, while Stuart Hall plays Branson.

Will do my best Kiddman32 impression and keep updates for this game.

University is not good this year. I made the mistake of going to the game against SI. Not a good game at all. Although I understand University’s best player Max Freid was out.

Should be a great matchup. Miles Amos, Nigel Burris and Alex Byrd versus Je'lani Clark, Bryce Monroe, and Riiny Riiny!

I think all six of these players are great, but the key to this game will be the OTHER CONTRIBUTORS. Who will step up for both teams, especially off the bench.

Both teams play tough games after this one with Riordan playing another BCL-West Opponent in University, while Stuart Hall plays Branson.

Riordan 73 Stuart Hall 41 Final. Bryce Monroe did not play.

Went to the game wow Riordan looked good tonight . Absolutely took it to The Hall. Bryce Monroe did not play knee not 100% yet.

Crusaders have made good strides improving their overall team cohesion- defense and offense. Playing last week up in Gridley against St Joe’s, Salesian and Branson and it’s makeup scrimmage with Bishop O’Dowd on Tuesday certainly helped. Riordan’s depth really showed tonight . Good to see Justice Turner’s game really coming together after his injury last year. He’s got a nice stroke from 3 and is also going to the hole and finishing. Also played good defense on Burris tonight.

Reactions: CityVibesII
Stuart Hall great D 5 team, wouldn’t win 1 game in WCAL! Remember SM beat them in sectional semi finals and got a state bid, only in D5! Not hating, that soph is a stud. If the guard was consistent from the arc watch out.

I just watched the game. Nice quality video. J Turner stood out for his shutdown defense on Burris and his own three point shooting.

ayalar, just a setback against a very good Riordan team. I like Stuart Hall, I even looked at them for this years GIBT. Didin't work out.
I think they will be fine, and should have a good run down the line. Come say hi at the Crush in the valley.

Here's wishing you great hoops

First of all, I have to give credit where credit is due. Riordan is a very good team. This season they are going to gel, and get used to each others games. But come 2019-2020, I don't think it's impossible to think they could compete at the National Level. They took Stuart Hall out of the game early last night, and never gave them a chance to comeback.

For my Knights, right now I just don't see a sense of urgency. The last couple of games the rebounding has been pretty bad. The Size of Riordan and teams like Sacred Heart may contribute to that, but I think we are more than capable of rebounding a lot better than we have. Usually the team that wins the rebounding battle, ends up winning the game.

Last Night we got smacked in the mouth, now it is up to these young men to decided whether they want to keep getting smacked in the mouth, or if they want to do something about it!

Also a quick question to any Riordan Alums/Fans...That kid Riny Riny....is this one of his first years playing organized basketball? Something about his game seemed very raw to me last night, but the potential oozes from this kid. His length, his three point shot......any sort of background would be awesome. Was probably the most impressive player I've seen play since Dishon Jackson during his Freshman Year.

Ayalar, The Hall will be just fine. Kudos for playing a tough schedule. I see Branson and Stuart Hall as the top D4 schools. Burris is continuing to build his game and improve. Amos is strong and quick - just needs to work on that 3-shot and he will be a complete player. With some work in the weight room and tough non-league the other players will grow confidence and should be good to go come league. Good luck this year!
As regards to Riiny and his cousin, Chan, both are very raw players with huge upside. I understand they are hardworking, coachable, good academic students and overall just 2 great young men. They played AAU (Team Arsenal) last spring and improving their games by working with their coaches and team...Chan is injured and not sure if he will be back this season.

Ayalar, The Hall will be just fine. Kudos for playing a tough schedule. I see Branson and Stuart Hall as the top D4 schools. Burris is continuing to build his game and improve. Amos is strong and quick - just needs to work on that 3-shot and he will be a complete player. With some work in the weight room and tough non-league the other players will grow confidence and should be good to go come league. Good luck this year!
As regards to Riiny and his cousin, Chan, both are very raw players with huge upside. I understand they are hardworking, coachable, good academic students and overall just 2 great young men. They played AAU (Team Arsenal) last spring and improving their games by working with their coaches and team...Chan is injured and not sure if he will be back this season.
MaxPreps has Stuart Hall in D5 this year. Not sure how they got dropped down from 4, but they should roll through the NCS 5 bracket come February. There are some decent small schools in 5 like Bentley, University, Berean Christian, Clear Lake, Hoopa and a few others that should compete for a NorCal spot, but Stuart Hall is head and shoulders above all of them.

Branson beat Stuart Hall by 15.

Honick, the best high school coach I have ever seen.
I still remember him saying to one of his players coming off the floor, " YOUR NOT BEING RESPOSIBLE " Just that, no more.
The kids re-action looked like he was shocked to be told that. He went back in the game and played like an animal.
Who else could pull that off? Who else could win like he does, with 5 future Dentists.:)

Here's wishing you great hoops

Last edited:
Tough Week for the Stuart Hall Knights last week. Finals going on. The team just didn't look the same. Didn't go to the Branson game, but it looked like much of the same from the Riordan game.

I think Stuart Hall being Demoted? from Division 4 to Division 5, after winning the D4 Norcal Championship last year is laughable. It won't affect much, other than Stuart Hall missing out on some stronger opponents. Same thing with University. All I know is no team will have a shot to win the D5 NCS other than SHHS or University. I can see those two teams playing each other another 3-4 times this season.

Riordan is going to be very good this season btw. Saw a little of the Uni/Riordan game online, and Riordan just ran away with it in the end. Would be shocked if they didn't at least make their conference championship game, and probably put up some nice wins in CCS and States.

Ayalar, again, kudos to The Hall in scheduling a very challenging non-league gauntlet. Curious, what determined Uni and SHHS going down to D5? Uni and SHHS games will be high school basketball at its best. Good luck this season!

Reactions: ayalar09
Ayalar, again, kudos to The Hall in scheduling a very challenging non-league gauntlet. Curious, what determined Uni and SHHS going down to D5? Uni and SHHS games will be high school basketball at its best. Good luck this season!

I'll find out the answer. Look I'm the first one to call a spade a spade. The D5 division is much weaker than D4 which is where they belong. Most of the teams in D5 they beat during the Boonville Tourney, and I still think University is capable of winning a game against the Hall. Won't be nearly as dominant as they were last year against SHHS, but I don't like that they moved from D4 to D5 after winning the Norcal Championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT