ADVERTISEMENT

tolu jacobs yaffa

shocky5

Sports Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
has anybody actually seen tolu jacobs yaffa play in person...with jack wilson's commitment to oregon state (gregg gottlieb also did a good job recruiting ben kone of mitty), yaffa is a key recruiting priority at the 5 in the 2018 class for cal
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?101282-cal-s-monster-class-deux/page102

in yaffa's videos he's a huge presence that aggressively rebounds but doesn't seem to have much lift or post interior moves yet around the basket...with offers from cal & virginia he's obviously got a lot of upside, very good student too (unlike wilson who's mediocre in the classroom)

I have seen him play with Splash City and Capital Christian recently. His size alone is intimidating but he wasn't as dominating as I would of thought. But everyone has an off game. Time will tell.

I have seen him play for Capital. He is big and strong but not terribly athletic and does not run the floor that well. I can see how folks see potential though. To me he is a project at the D-1 level, but could develop with hard work. Has the body but will need to develop on both ends of the floor to contribute at the high major level. Time will tell.

I have seen him play for Capital. He is big and strong but not terribly athletic and does not run the floor that well. I can see how folks see potential though. To me he is a project at the D-1 level, but could develop with hard work. Has the body but will need to develop on both ends of the floor to contribute at the high major level. Time will tell.

thx coach, is there another player that you might compare him to?

thx coach, is there another player that you might compare him to?
He is an unpolished Robert Garrett (Sac High/Santa Clara U.) type player. Definitely will change the game at the high school level, but needs lots of reps and work to be a D1 contributor. I hear that he has great work ethic and he was much improved from the start of the summer to the fall.

Usually have to build a composite to paint a good picture, so let's add on Solomon young's athleticism (albeit undirected). He is moving way faster than he appears due to his size, getting up and down the floor. What stood out for me, 1 game only, he looked like he was having fun.

7 footer with Solomon young's athleticism---- so he's one and done and drafted by the Sixers.

The kid I saw play for Capital was more like Roy Hibbert-ish

I love these comparisons... Robert Garrett barely was a D1 player. He ended up at Cal State East Bay. Now he's Roy Hibbert.. What about a young Joe Barry Carroll?

joe barry carroll, he's "barely breathing?"...are you sure about that, larry?

hoopwilla, love the comment about he looks like he's having fun, that's pretty important for not burning out in doing the necessary work to get to the next level

if you're a d1 coach, who would you rather have on your roster in 3 years, tolu jacobs yaffa or jack wilson?

I think Tolu has more potential than Wilson. The Roy Hibbert comparison is probably the best one, but keep in mind Hibbert was 7'1" with an even greater wingspan. I do not believe Tolu is that big. Seems more like 6'8 to 6'9" to me.

capital christian with tolu plays at 5:30 pm on november 26th at the tip off classic at newark memorial high school with cal's overall #1 targeting priority jordan brown of woodcreek playing in the next game at 7:00 pm

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT