ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Mania

CIF officials have announced that there were 17,000 prep transfers in California in the past school year. Of those, 7,000 were in the Southern Section.
I'm surprised its not a higher %. Southern California represents over 60% of the states population. Unless the north has taken over that crown.

I'm surprised its not a higher %. Southern California represents over 60% of the states population. Unless the north has taken over that crown.

He said "Southern Section".

There are a few more sections in SoCal, most notably the LA and San Diego sections. I'll bet there's a few more transfers to be found there.

Reactions: larry legend33
He said "Southern Section".

There are a few more sections in SoCal, most notably the LA and San Diego sections. I'll bet there's a few more transfers to be found there.
Thanks, I misread. That makes more sense.
Imagine having to police all that...

The Southern Section contains more schools than all of NorCal combined. When added to the LA, SD and Central sections, SoCal is indeed much larger than NorCal. So The Legend is more correct than first indicated. Nice.

The Southern Section contains more schools than all of NorCal combined. When added to the LA, SD and Central sections, SoCal is indeed much larger than NorCal. So The Legend is more correct than first indicated. Nice.
Its a mess period and like others have pointed out I think "hands are just thrown up." at this point.
A direct reflection in college as well. Can't remember the kids name but I recall a socal player who was at 4 different schools. He was a safety who ended up playing D1 at a good school but every year he was somewhere else. Comical.

Isn’t Jackson already transferred to Folsom to play RB? That’s soft af leave a solid team as senior where you’re one of the main focus points of the team to your bitter rival to split or be a backup because ur afraid to compete against the best smh…….these kids are soft nowadays when they can’t beat someone they quit and transfer to that school going the easy way

Reactions: aztecpadre
Isn’t Jackson already transferred to Folsom to play RB? That’s soft af leave a solid team as senior where you’re one of the main focus points of the team to your bitter rival to split or be a backup because ur afraid to compete against the best smh…….these kids are soft nowadays when they can’t beat someone they quit and transfer to that school going the easy way
The crazy thing is Jackson started at Folsom and then transferred to GB. So now he's coming back. Never understood why he transferred other than the fact Folsom doesn't hand the ball off as much. But this is a case where the kid should really get some punishment. These schools are 8.4 miles apart so don't talk to me about parents moving, commute, blah blah. His stock has faded some so it could be the recruiting side. Who knows but other SFL teams should be pissed.

Orme thing makes zero sense to most of us. Great little back for OR who had an awesome jr year. He did run behind he best Oline in norcal and all those kids graduated. (that is def a factor). He would have been featured back at OR this year. But at Folsom he is #2 or #3 back.

Reactions: THEOC89
The transfer from OR makes little sense as Folsom already has 2 great RB’s. I think all these parents believe their kid is D1 material so they try to get their kid to Folsom as a last ditch effort. Folsom has coaches/admins that have strong relationships with college recruiters and scouts. Their rolodex is probably the biggest in Norcal. I get why this is happening but it’s not great for the hs scene locally…

The transfer from OR makes little sense as Folsom already has 2 great RB’s. I think all these parents believe their kid is D1 material so they try to get their kid to Folsom as a last ditch effort. Folsom has coaches/admins that have strong relationships with college recruiters and scouts. Their rolodex is probably the biggest in Norcal. I get why this is happening but it’s not great for the hs scene locally…
Completely agree. Orme is a nice HS football player. He does a lot of things well but he's 5'5 145 lbs on a good day. I could see him playing D3-D2 and I wish him the best. But honestly this is wild move. We shall see how it goes but I don't see him getting meaningful carries.

Sort of gets the kids ready for the college transfer portal.

High school coaches are moving around and switching schools too. Similar to college football coaches and players.

I don't see many HS coaches moving around unless they are off campus...Most are teachers and that is how they make a living. Coaching doesn't pay all that well

I don't see many HS coaches moving around unless they are off campus...Most are teachers and that is how they make a living. Coaching doesn't pay all that well
Yeah I don't see HS coaches moving around either. Not the ones that have built successful programs. You aren't getting paid much unless its a big time private like a trinity league team and those jobs are coveted.

Reactions: WWHS44 and THEOC89
Yeah I don't see HS coaches moving around either. Not the ones that have built successful programs. You aren't getting paid much unless its a big time private like a trinity league team and those jobs are coveted.

You guys are right, the majority aren't moving around unless they wear out their welcome or some perfect opportunity arises. There are a few habitual movers, but they don't represent the norm. It's probably not easy to keep moving your family around when the money isn't phenomenal.

But even in a world where coaches are moving about much more frequently, I find it quite irritating whenever someone tries to make this comparison. Because it's a false equivalence.

The coaches are full-fledged adults living out their careers, not kids that have yet to even graduate HS.

I feel the same way about collegiate athletes whenever the same tired argument has been brought up over the years and decades. IMO the current landscape of collegiate athletics has it all wrong. While a couple years older, those student athletes are also still kids that are still finding their path in life. They are NOT professionals moving around in order to advance their careers or find their ideal situation with their families.

IIRC only something like 1 - 2% of the total number of HS athletes make it to the next level and roughly the same percentage makes it from the college ranks to the pro level. So the outcry that these kids need to move around for better visibility or opportunity is drastically overstated. That only applies to the very, very small minority and the majority of those kids would have been discovered and developed regardless where they played.

I just don't believe a system should be overhauled and basically destroyed for such a small minority. They're kids, not professional mercenaries. And the overwhelming majority of them will end up in the real world doing every day jobs just like the rest of us.

Only once they graduate high school then college and actually begin a career path does the comparison to coaches make any sense.

You guys are right, the majority aren't moving around unless they wear out their welcome or some perfect opportunity arises. There are a few habitual movers, but they don't represent the norm. It's probably not easy to keep moving your family around when the money isn't phenomenal.

But even in a world where coaches are moving about much more frequently, I find it quite irritating whenever someone tries to make this comparison. Because it's a false equivalence.

The coaches are full-fledged adults living out their careers, not kids that have yet to even graduate HS.

I feel the same way about collegiate athletes whenever the same tired argument has been brought up over the years and decades. IMO the current landscape of collegiate athletics has it all wrong. While a couple years older, those student athletes are also still kids that are still finding their path in life. They are NOT professionals moving around in order to advance their careers or find their ideal situation with their families.

IIRC only something like 1 - 2% of the total number of HS athletes make it to the next level and roughly the same percentage makes it from the college ranks to the pro level. So the outcry that these kids need to move around for better visibility or opportunity is drastically overstated. That only applies to the very, very small minority and the majority of those kids would have been discovered and developed regardless where they played.

I just don't believe a system should be overhauled and basically destroyed for such a small minority. They're kids, not professional mercenaries. And the overwhelming majority of them will end up in the real world doing every day jobs just like the rest of us.

Only once they graduate high school then college and actually begin a career path does the comparison to coaches make any sense.
Well summarized TR. I can go over so many cases on here where a kid was blown up, overhyped, social media, etc and transferred to multiple schools only to never been heard from again. Very few make it. Need more math majors and parents who understand the odds. Lots of bad advice and greedy caretakers.

In todays world with the media and communications that make finding athletes much easier then in days gone by.
Having to transfer to a high profile school where the "scouts" go are pretty much over.
Even if a kid didn't get the look he thought he was due, is where the JC's come in. Schools like ARC do an excellent job moving players on to 4 year schools.

CIF officials have announced that there were 17,000 prep transfers in California in the past school year. Of those, 7,000 were in the Southern Section.
Looks Like the New HC Vandermade at SI and New Asst Coach Lawson are being investigated by the CIF according to a executive member of the CIF for ILEGAL RECRUITING , get the popcorn ready!

• Haha
Reactions: PALFan
Amen brother.

Reactions: MC415
Looks Like the New HC Vandermade at SI and New Asst Coach Lawson are being investigated by the CIF according to a executive member of the CIF for ILEGAL RECRUITING , get the popcorn ready!
Any proof of this or just a random accusation? The only transfer I know of that is going to SI is a polynesian kid from Los Alamitos

Is there possibly someone out there outraged by the rocket-like ascension of SI football and wants them to stick to lacrosse and crew?

This message is intended for the hs athletes....

To all of the young HS athletes out there that follow this site. Please don't be let opinions and judgements of others sway you from chasing your goals.

It is impressive to see you young athletes refusing to settle, being an advocating for yourself, willing to take a risk, and believing in yourself.

These are great qualities to take into the real world once your athletic career comes to an end, even if things do not work out on the field. Understand that's life. Your failure today, is a learned opportunity to help guide and prep you for future decisions.

For those of you on the fence about transferring, feeling stuck in your situation, not happy for what ever reason, you don't have to settle. There are other opportunities out there for you.

Football is a multi-million dollar business at each level (Billions at the pro level). You don't have to be loyal to these school officials, alumni, booster clubs, or fans. Chase your dreams and move accordingly. There are no guarantees in life. Create your own outcomes.

My only feedback on your journey is to not only be the best version of yourself on the field, but also to be just as competitive in the classroom. Id also suggest that prior to transferring you sit down with your current coaching staff and thank them for the positive attributes they have contributed to your journey. They may not like your decision but the good coaches will respect your assertion skills and possibly not spread negative feedback when recruiters come knocking on doors.

Finally, Chase your dreams, not the dreams of others!

Best of luck on your journey!

- Sacchiefs

My only feedback on your journey is to not only be the best version of yourself on the field, but also to be just as competitive in the classroom. Id also suggest that prior to transferring you sit down with your current coaching staff and thank them for the positive attributes they have contributed to your journey. They may not like your decision but the good coaches will respect your assertion skills and possibly not spread negative feedback when recruiters come knocking on doors.

- Sacchiefs
agreed ... one can transfer without burning bridges ... they will adjust and be ok (next man up)

This message is intended for the hs athletes....

To all of the young HS athletes out there that follow this site. Please don't be let opinions and judgements of others sway you from chasing your goals.

It is impressive to see you young athletes refusing to settle, being an advocating for yourself, willing to take a risk, and believing in yourself.

These are great qualities to take into the real world once your athletic career comes to an end, even if things do not work out on the field. Understand that's life. Your failure today, is a learned opportunity to help guide and prep you for future decisions.

For those of you on the fence about transferring, feeling stuck in your situation, not happy for what ever reason, you don't have to settle. There are other opportunities out there for you.

Football is a multi-million dollar business at each level (Billions at the pro level). You don't have to be loyal to these school officials, alumni, booster clubs, or fans. Chase your dreams and move accordingly. There are no guarantees in life. Create your own outcomes.

Finally, Chase your dreams, not the dreams of others!

Best of luck on your journey!

- Sacchiefs
I'm good with all of that. I like "there are no guarantees in life."

So when the OR running back goes to Folsom and gets a handful of carries behind Jackson and whoever else is there, there should be no crying on his part or the part of his parents. You gambled and lost.

I think the pro transfer people don't always shine a light on that part. You are competing against 1 or more top tier athlete and you may very well not overtake them. You did a good job of laying that out.

I have Spoke to the family of Orme’s. There was things that led to him leaving Oak Ridge that can’t be divulged on Internet forums. I’d be careful to roast kids without knowing all the facts as there may have been events that compelled the family to make a switch.

At the end of the day, best of luck to the Orme’s family & to the Oak Ridge program.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
I have Spoke to the family of Orme’s. There was things that led to him leaving Oak Ridge that can’t be divulged on Internet forums. I’d be careful to roast kids without knowing all the facts as there may have been events that compelled the family to make a switch.

At the end of the day, best of luck to the Orme’s family & to the Oak Ridge program.
Does he and the others have to sit out at Folsom? Or will they be playing against Poly in 3 weeks?

Is 7-5 and a 4th place WCAL finish catching up? Let's pump the brakes a bit on SI until they do something. Nice little season last year, that's it.
Nothing coming in the pipeline over at SI , maybe 1 transfer coming in 🙄 Dudes transferring out ! One legit Lineman with multiple offers is A Stud ! A maybe D3 QB . SI far from being anywhere close WCAL top 3 teams . 4th place is funny and they think it's a achievement 😆. The remainder of wcal aint got nothing . Hell Bellarmine QB almost single handed beat them. But the Si sophomore QB put up some impressive work and helped with that W . With SI coaches and Admin being investigated by the CIF not the CCS it will be interesting if SI can make it happen before they shit the bed . He might want to connect with Riordan and get some advise on how to recruit and retain DUDES.

Last edited:
Nothing coming in the pipeline over at SI , maybe 1 transfer coming in 🙄 Dudes transferring out ! One legit Lineman with multiple offers is A Stud ! A maybe D3 QB . SI far from being anywhere close WCAL top 3 teams . 4th place is funny and they think it's a achievement 😆. The remainder of wcal aint got nothing . Hell Bellarmine QB almost single handed beat them. But the Si sophomore QB put up some impressive work and helped with that W . With SI coaches and Admin being investigated by the CIF not the CCS it will be interesting if SI can make it happen before they shit the bed . He might want to connect with Riordan and get some advise on how to recruit and retain DUDES.
No need to be shy here, so use names. The kids/families now are very much commodities on the market. Agreed, Mills is an absolute stud and going to Texas is an eye-popping move. Hummel is your prototypical SI QB thats been there for the last 40 or so years (tall, above avg arm, good leader, not very fast, more of a game manager than game breaker). Aside from the coach's son, and the LB Hunkin, and the RBs from last year, I dont know much else about their roster. So who transferred out? and was the transferring because of the investigation?

I hope all is well with this young man and his family. Sometimes the assumptions are that all moves are athletically motivated.

Anyways, welcome to the NorCal family and happy posting!

Reactions: bpc5180

Hearing that part, and looking at the practical realities of the depth chart, there probably is some other factor involved in the transfer. Unless someone thinks he takes reps from Carter or the up coming sophomore? Keep in mind this is a team that doesn't hand the ball to the RB often.

Hearing that part, and looking at the practical realities of the depth chart, there probably is some other factor involved in the transfer. Unless someone thinks he takes reps from Carter or the up coming sophomore? Keep in mind this is a team that doesn't hand the ball to the RB often.
Its no secret what happened at OR last year during the Tahoe football camp. That put a real black eye on the program and this move had something to do with that and you would be kidding yourself if it wasn't seen as an opportunity to be what could be Folsom's best team ever also. If it was only the former Orme would have left the program last year. The incident occurred in summer of 2023. That coupled with OR losing the best line in Norcal last year makes it an optimal time to move. He's a tough runner and I could see him getting carries but as we all know Folsom passes the ball and there QB is a dynamic runner.

Its no secret what happened at OR last year during the Tahoe football camp. That put a real black eye on the program and this move had something to do with that and you would be kidding yourself if it wasn't seen as an opportunity to be what could be Folsom's best team ever also. If it was only the former Orme would have left the program last year. The incident occurred in summer of 2023. That coupled with OR losing the best line in Norcal last year makes it an optimal time to move. He's a tough runner and I could see him getting carries but as we all know Folsom passes the ball and there QB is a dynamic runner.
Loading up Folsom's RB room makes sense. You want to minimize Lyons' runs as those hits can take a toll over the course of a season with everyone gunning for you.

Loading up Folsom's RB room makes sense. You want to minimize Lyons' runs as those hits can take a toll over the course of a season with everyone gunning for you.
For Folsom it makes sense. They collect bodies like a marauding army. We're past that conversation.

For a kid who averaged (guessing) 20 carries a game at OR (I know, he left because of the Tahoe trip) it makes no sense.

Unless winning a state game at Folsom with half the carries he's used to ups his stock? If someone here who knows more about recruiting than me can confirm that, then it does make sense.

For Folsom it makes sense. They collect bodies like a marauding army. We're past that conversation.

For a kid who averaged (guessing) 20 carries a game at OR (I know, he left because of the Tahoe trip) it makes no sense.

Unless winning a state game at Folsom with half the carries he's used to ups his stock? If someone here who knows more about recruiting than me can confirm that, then it does make sense.
Let me be very blunt. It makes no sense. Maybe JC ? But he's 5"4 165lbs and while a tough runner and a good HS player it just doesn't translate. But like I said before maybe its ok with watching and getting less reps but playing on a great team? I don't know the answer to that. But what I do know is that if you are use to playing and getting carries its no fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT