ADVERTISEMENT

Vice-Neat headed to USF

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Cardinal Newman 2017 forward Hailey Vice-Neat has given her commitment to San Francisco, Chris Roemer reports.

Excellent get for USF, which is coming off a NCAA tournament bid.

So happy for her. What a great pick up for Azzi. 6"3 and very versatile player. I want to say 75% of that NCAA team is returning as well. USF might get some mojo back on the "HILL". Any word on Lauren Walker? Hard to teach 6"6. I would think she is getting WCC and maybe Pac 12 looks....

Terrific and a very tough matchup for any prep defense. That high-low, half-court set at CN is a thing of beauty. Almost impossible to stop.

CN will be interesting to observe. Their height is impressive but they had challenges in an up tempo style of play last year. Clovis West and Salesain in paticular were tough on them and Eastside Prep with no one taller than 5'7" took them to the wire. If CN goes open division they will have be prepared for the faster play than they experience in their league games.

CN will be interesting to observe. Their height is impressive but they had challenges in an up tempo style of play last year. Clovis West and Salesain in paticular were tough on them and Eastside Prep with no one taller than 5'7" took them to the wire. If CN goes open division they will have be prepared for the faster play than they experience in their league games.

Salesian took SMS to overtime before losing last year and they BEAT Mitty to end there season.

sounds to me like they gave EVERYONE fits last year.

and Clovis West was the #2 seed in the SoCal open last year.

and ESP won the D5 state championship last year...

so what's your point? who DOESNT have problems with those teams????

if those are the type of teams that CN has to worry about...sound to me like they are just fine.

Lol, I think you see my point that those first two teams were open division teams. Don't get me wrong all the respect to the CN team and program. It's just a bit different style of play in the Open division.

Would you happen to know if CN is planning on playing in the Nike TOC in Phoenix?

No one is saying CN is super-gifted athletically or even very deep at all. They aren't. They have glaring flaws. But their big kids are a load in the half-court.

Lol, I think you see my point that those first two teams were open division teams. Don't get me wrong all the respect to the CN team and program. It's just a bit different style of play in the Open division.

Would you happen to know if CN is planning on playing in the Nike TOC in Phoenix?

They are not going to the TOC.

as far as their scheduling goes they have some good games:

single @SMS
single vs SHC ...neutral site
single on MLK showcase @SMS
TOP bracket at the WCJ

and CN is hosting their CN Classic again on DEC. 1,2,3 and as soon as all 8 teams have done the final confirmation I will announce who's in the tourney.
Suffice to say it looks like it is absolutely LOADED!!!

their league schedule is their league schedule...it is what it is. Cant do anything about that.
16-0 with 16 running clocks? possibly...it will be ugly.

Coach Mertle has set up a challenging preseason schedule in hopes of preparing her girls for another deep postseason run.

As has become the norm, lots of things change depending on who goes into the Open -- and when you add in this year's NCS changes, it becomes even more complicated.

So Cardinal Newman, a defending state champion, should have a very good record and, since Salesian is now D3, should win NCS D4. Will the section commissioners then move Newman to the Open? Or would they take an NCS D1 or D2 champion instead?

Note that O'Dowd, Salesian and Campolindo are all D3, so one would expect that NCS champ to go, and with Carondelet in D1 and Miramonte in D2, there are options there as well -- and SJS is very, very tough, and could get three or maybe even four NorCal spots.

CCS does it right: They have their own Open division and the top two teams in that bracket go into the NorCal Open. It's decided on the court, which is how it should be. How about this? Two teams each from CCS, SJS and NCS, decided by Open Division brackets within the section, for a total of six. The OAL and SF champs play off for the seventh spot, leaving one spot for the Northern Section or one at-large from everywhere else.

WCC is loading up on Newman talent. Lauren Walker just committed to Univ of Portland. Congrats to both of these fine players.

Newman's guards will improve from last year as they have summer and comp under there belt. We know their bigs are great but I think the guards/wings will show many that this is a team that will compete on the big stage again. Its amazing what maturity and experience does.

Does anyone know if Pinewood aka "run and gun volume 2" plays Cardinal Newman? That would be an interesting matchup

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT