ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Week Four

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Schedule:

SHC, 1-2, at Valley Christian, 3-0, Friday at 7 p.m.
St. Francis, 3-0, at St. Ignatius, 3-0, Friday at 7 p.m. (double-check time)
Bellarmine, 0-3, at Riordan, 1-2, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
Mitty, 0-3, at Serra, 1-2, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.

Notes:

VC heavy favorite vs. SHC
SF vs. SI is a tossup
Riordan heavy favorite vs. Bellarmine
Serra heavy favorite vs. Mitty

Last edited:
Schedule:

Mitty, 0-3, at Serra, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.

Notes:

SF vs. SI is a tossup
The way Riordan is going, a win against The Bells is no Guarantee…. 🤣

The St. Francis at St. Ignatius game should be a good one. The winner of this one will likely end up the WCAL champ barring some wildcard defeat down the road. After this game, the following teams to contend with:
SF - SHC, VC & AR. SF should beat all three teams but VC or AR could bring a wildcard loss.
SI - VC, SHC & AM. SI should beat all three teams. But VC has historically played very good against SI over the years.

Both teams come into this game with a 5-1 record. SF's loss was at the hands of DLS while SI lost to SRV. Interestingly, DLS and SRV will be playing this weekend at DLS's house.

SI tends to perform better in the second half of their games. SF tends to be consistent throughout the whole game. It seems SI surprises its opponents with a strong finish. SF, however, have the benefit of preparing for this strong finish that some of SI's other opponents didn't have.

SI tends to have a stronger pass offense while SF has a stronger rush offense. But both teams are productive on the ground and in the air. SI has a slight advantage here IMO. Both teams have shown good defensive plays. I give SF the slight advantage on the defense side, although their poor performance against DLS is troubling.

This game might come down to the team who makes the least mistakes. I am giving a slight advantage to SI since the game is on their home turf.

Last edited:
The St. Francis at St. Ignatius game should be a good one. The winner of this one will likely end up the WCAL champ barring some wildcard defeat down the road. After this game, the following teams to contend with:
SF - SHC, VC & AR. SF should beat all three teams but VC or AR could bring a wildcard loss.
SI - VC, SHC & AM. SI should beat all three teams. But VC has historically played very good against SI over the years.

Both teams come into this game with a 5-1 record. SF's loss was at the hands of DLS while SI lost to SRV. Interestingly, DLS and SRV will be playing this weekend at DLS's house.

SI tends to perform better in the second half their games. SF tends to be consistent throughout the whole game. It seems SI surprises its opponents with a strong finish. SF, however, have the benefit of preparing for this strong finish that some of SI's other opponents didn't have.

SI tends to have a stronger pass offense while SF has a stronger rush offense. But both teams are productive on the ground and in the air. SI has a slight advantage here IMO. Both teams have shown good defensive plays. I give SF the slight advantage on the defense side, although their poor performance against DLS is troubling.

This game might come down to the team who makes the least mistakes. I am giving a slight advantage to SI since the game is on their home turf.
This is going to be a real close one. Would be shocked if one team blew out the other. SI does have an "X" factor with their kicker Kenny who can make 40+ yards FGs. It actually might come down to a kick. This almost assuredly wont be the last time these two see each other and they are both on course to face off again in CCS Open.

As someone that wants the Lancers to win for obvious reasons, I can outline for their defense that Hummel's bread and butter is a misdirection 10 yard out pattern that he throws before his receiver even turns his head. Force him to throw over the top and there are INT chances. Lancers line should be fairly stout to play an aggressive quarters zone to be ready for those out patterns.

Theres no secret on offense. Give them Kingston 40 times and take a shot on a play action to Perriyon Williams.

SI tends to perform better in the second half their games. SF tends to be consistent throughout the whole game. It seems SI surprises its opponents with a strong finish. SF, however, have the benefit of preparing for this strong finish that some of SI's other opponents didn't have.

The reason SF lost to DLS is their passing game…. SF is a running team and to beat DLS this year you need to throw the ball like ST Mary’s Did for 300+ yards and multiple TD’s…..

If you can’t do that DLS will grind you into oblivion with their veer, which happened to SF….

I am voting for this game as Game of the week, I like SF in this game with their Defense and Running game…. They just need to hit a couple of play action passes and I think they take it like 21-17…..

Both SF and SI are fantastic teams!!….

Schedule:

Mitty, 0-3, at Serra, 1-2, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.

Notes:

SF vs. SI is a tossup
I am not sure we can say Serra is a heavy favorite, except when they play they Bells. This Serra team is very average. They could easily lose to Riordan, and Valley, 3-4 in league, 4-6 overall is a possibility. Can they make CCS if they have a below 500 record? I am not sure how they beat Folsom

I am not sure we can say Serra is a heavy favorite, except when they play they Bells. This Serra team is very average. They could easily lose to Riordan, and Valley, 3-4 in league, 4-6 overall is a possibility. Can they make CCS if they have a below 500 record? I am not sure how they beat Folsom
Right, the only thing we know about the WCAL is that Bellarmine is not a good team at all. Other than that, it seems everyone else could give anyone else trouble at any given time. Mitty gave St. Francis a good game just a couple of weeks ago. They very well could do the same against Serra.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT