ADVERTISEMENT

WCJ at 144: 16 spots left

ClayK

Hall of Famer
Jun 25, 2001
We generally get a little rush when school starts up again, which is very soon, so if you want to play (Dec. 27-29), it would probably be a good idea to go to

https://www.westcoastjamboree.org/page/show/3903722-wcj-2018-application

and fill it out.

We really can't go beyond 160 for a variety of reasons, and we really don't want to have local teams that want to get in find themselves signing up too late.

Finally, thanks to all who have signed up, and who have supported the Jamboree as it approaches year 19.

Do you make the brackets for this tournament based on teams prior years success? Just wondering how you determine who plays in what bracket. Do teams request a certain level of competition either high or low level? Seems like an awesome tournament.

Last edited:
We try to estimate how good teams will be this coming year, factoring in graduation and transfers/newcomers if we know about them. I do the bracketing for the Premier brackets and I use the MaxPreps' ratings for the prior year as the basis for guessing this year's. Then we put the teams in brackets, though there are a lot of other factors, including teams from the same league, traveling teams, etc.

I also send out an email asking every coach to estimate her MaxPreps' state ranking for this year.

And we send out tentative brackets for the coaches to look at before we finalize them so there's another chance for input as well.

Despite all that, some mistakes are inevitable but overall I think we do a pretty good job of giving teams at least two competitive games, and more often than not, three.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT