ADVERTISEMENT

WCJ at 150: Ten spots left

ClayK

Hall of Famer
Jun 25, 2001
And we've heard from several teams that are very interested but haven't filled out the form at

https://www.westcoastjamboree.org/page/show/3903722-wcj-2018-application

Some prominent local teams that we'd love to have are yet to register, including

Cardinal Newman
Carondelet
Sacred Heart Cathedral
St. Ignatius

but as you know the WCJ is primarily about smaller schools looking for a competitive tournament in which they are not cannon fodder for the host.

So please, coaches and parents, if you want to play in the 2018 event, please register sooner rathern than later. And of course, thanks to all who have already done so ...

And we've heard from several teams that are very interested but haven't filled out the form at

https://www.westcoastjamboree.org/page/show/3903722-wcj-2018-application

Some prominent local teams that we'd love to have are yet to register, including

Cardinal Newman
Carondelet
Sacred Heart Cathedral
St. Ignatius

but as you know the WCJ is primarily about smaller schools looking for a competitive tournament in which they are not cannon fodder for the host.

So please, coaches and parents, if you want to play in the 2018 event, please register sooner rathern than later. And of course, thanks to all who have already done so ...

Does Carondelet have a coach yet?

Not as far as I know ... doesn't mean it hasn't happened, though. Don't think they would tell me first thing.

Hopefully Carondelet, and all schools, have their coaches in place now. It's really unfair to a coach -- especially at a school with any expectations from parents and the community -- to take over just before practice starts.

Ideally, you get hired in the spring so you can meet the girls while they're still in school, have a few open gyms and get everyone excited for the summer. And even though you don't have everyone during the summer, at least you can start putting in your system, and then reinforce things in the fall.

Even with that, though, those first three weeks of practice are a nightmare as you try to put in everything, get skill work in and do some conditioning. For me, it actually wasn't until the first day of practice in year two that I felt we were all on the same page ... it takes time for most coaches.

But I can't imagine getting the job in September or October and trying to have things together by Thanksgiving. You'd just have to focus on a few things and let some others slide, and if you're playing quality opposition, they'll punish you in the areas where you aren't fully prepared.

Reactions: observer22
C-LET does not have a coach as of today and according to the administration they are taking their time to make the "right" decision. In any case it's an unbelievable situation.

C-LET does not have a coach as of today and according to the administration they are taking their time to make the "right" decision. In any case it's an unbelievable situation.

That is unbelievable. Clay makes some good points about issues this causes. On top of that, Carondelet has some real talent coming back

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT