• Campolindo at Vanden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Folsom at Serra

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Pittsburg vs. Sacred Heart Cathedral

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So many good games - agree with the top votes so far. It hard to vote for another matchup aside from the top NorCal matchups. But I went with the top state matchup among these selections.

Reactions: aztecpadre
So many good games - agree with the top votes so far. It hard to vote for another matchup aside from the top NorCal matchups. But I went with the top state matchup among these selections.
This might end up being the best week of the regular season

Reactions: aztecpadre
The Grant/OakRidge game is intriguing. This will be a great early test for both teams.

The Grant/OakRidge game is intriguing. This will be a great early test for both teams.
GUYS...Oakridge 32 Grant 20..Grant has been getting a lot of air time, but i doubt theywill have what it takes down Oakridge....

This game was on my wish list for this week.
I believe that Aptos has enough guns from last year while Oakdale is still rebuiding, the question is who wants the win the most.... Aptos 26 Oakdale 21...

GUYS...Oakridge 32 Grant 20..Grant has been getting a lot of air time, but i doubt theywill have what it takes down Oakridge....
Agree with you. Grants last good opponent was against Monterey Trail and they lost. They played some cupcakes last year and that record is a little misleading. They are going to be get grinded down by OR. The sac bee loves grant but reality is they are a middle of road SFL Team this year. No disrespect but OR takes care of them at home. OR is also playing without their best defensive player in marcus Hoffman .

CAMPOLINDO AT VANDEN.......Vanden won a hard fought defense team that was loaded with speed, against Campolindo Vanden faces a passing team, so again, its up to the defense to stop the air attack and the line play may play a big part in who wins.....Van 24 Campolindo 21.....

Reactions: observer22
I believe that Aptos has enough guns from last year while Oakdale is still rebuiding, the question is who wants the win the most.... Aptos 26 Oakdale 21...
I think you have score backwards. Oakdale played a good Sonora very even. Line play will be an issue. Oakdale very young. Juniors on team only 2 loses. 1 as freshman. And. 7-6 loss to CC I think was the score last year. Returning RB had 700+ yards last year. Starting 2 sophomore RB. One of them's father was QB on Oakdale's first section championship. Defence is average. The intangibles? New coach. How will his personality fit team? He's an Oakdale Kind of Guy. It will work out. He played on one of Oakdale's more talented teams. Coach Stark knocked them out of playoffs!
And they can throw the ball better this year!

CAMPOLINDO AT VANDEN.......Vanden won a hard fought defense team that was loaded with speed, against Campolindo Vanden faces a passing team, so again, its up to the defense to stop the air attack and the line play may play a big part in who wins.....Van 24 Campolindo 21.....
Bluedog, great to see you on here posting again. It’s been a few years. Welcome back.

Reactions: larry legend33
Agree with you. Grants last good opponent was against Monterey Trail and they lost. They played some cupcakes last year and that record is a little misleading. They are going to be get grinded down by OR. The sac bee loves grant but reality is they are a middle of road SFL Team this year. No disrespect but OR takes care of them at home. OR is also playing without their best defensive player in marcus Hoffman .

Did you get a chance to watch last year's state championship game between Grant and San Jacinto? San Jac was an excellent team that had several ballers on that squad: Vincent Holmes (U-Dub), Malachi Brown (Pac-12/Big 12 recruit), and Dillon Gresham (Oregon). Dillon Gresham was an electrifying field-shifting wide receiver, who was better than anyone I saw in Northern California last year. The young man runs a verified 4.3 (forty).

IMO, San Jac was much better than Monterey Trails.

I'm glad that you bring up the MT game. That game seemed to be a turning point for Grant's season. The Pacers nearly pulled off the win despite missing their All-City linebacker, who was the heart and soul of their defense. During that game, Grant's coaching staff made several adjustments, including inserting their big 6'3, 320 lb USC-bound offensive lineman on defense, which proved effective in stopping the run moving forward. This change contributed to their success throughout the remaining weeks, ending in a state championship.

Is a "middle of the pack" SFL standings horrible? If I remember correctly, didn't (1-4) Granite Bay nearly win the D2 CIF SJS championship? lol

But that was all last year! This is a brand new team with several new players. The stars must rise to the occassion!

As you eluded Oak Ridge's O-line and front 7 are formidable! (Great team). This week 2 introduction will be a huge challenge for our young Bucks. Games like this make you grow up fast! I'm looking forward to tommorows matchup and am will be rooting for the Pacers to show up and show out!

This game was on my wish list for this week.
If you ever go to a game at Aptos High - it's a beautiful venue - next to the hilly woods and before the game a nice mile or two drive to the view off of the sheer cliffs on the edge of and overlooking the bay before the fog rolls in is always a nice trek. There is a great rib place very close to the school. On the negative is it can get very cold with the fog and internet connection isn't very good (I have two carriers and neither work well there).

Did you get a chance to watch last year's state championship game between Grant and San Jacinto? San Jac was an excellent team that had several ballers on that squad: Vincent Holmes (U-Dub), Malachi Brown (Pac-12/Big 12 recruit), and Dillon Gresham (Oregon). Dillon Gresham was an electrifying field-shifting wide receiver, who was better than anyone I saw in Northern California last year. The young man runs a verified 4.3 (forty).

IMO, San Jac was much better than Monterey Trails.

I'm glad that you bring up the MT game. That game seemed to be a turning point for Grant's season. The Pacers nearly pulled off the win despite missing their All-City linebacker, who was the heart and soul of their defense. During that game, Grant's coaching staff made several adjustments, including inserting their big 6'3, 320 lb USC-bound offensive lineman on defense, which proved effective in stopping the run moving forward. This change contributed to their success throughout the remaining weeks, ending in a state championship.

Is a "middle of the pack" SFL standings horrible? If I remember correctly, didn't (1-4) Granite Bay nearly win the D2 CIF SJS championship? lol

But that was all last year! This is a brand new team with several new players. The stars must rise to the occassion!

As you eluded Oak Ridge's O-line and front 7 are formidable! (Great team). This week 2 introduction will be a huge challenge for our young Bucks. Games like this make you grow up fast! I'm looking forward to tommorows matchup and am will be rooting for the Pacers to show up and show out!

I will be there! Ya should be a very good game but I find it
Crazy all the sac bee homers picked grant to win. If Devin Green is eligible that could change things but I’ve heard he’s out.

I will be there! Ya should be a very good game but I find it
Crazy all the sac bee homers picked grant to win. If Devin Green is eligible that could change things but I’ve heard he’s out.
I get it. Grant returns arguably the best player in the whole section.....Kingston Lopa

But we all know football is a team sport!

Devin Green will not play, but Wayshawn Parker is an electrifying and elusive running back. Open up space in those holes, big fellows! They also have plenty of other weapons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT