• Jesuit at Clayton Valley Charter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St. Vincent at Fortuna

• Salesian at St. Patrick-St. Vincent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see time has been extended for this poll. Still time for some to change their vote or those who haven’t voted yet to get in a vote for Escalon vs Hughson. 😉

Reactions: M.C. fan
With the Game of The Week poll closed and we have a tie, @Streak One are you flipping a coin in selecting the Game of the Week? Or giving participants a choice to use either game as the Game of the Week tiebreaker, with closest score margin relative to the respective game chosen to settle any ties? Or something else? Or maybe you already spoke to the outcome on another thread? Curious.

With the Game of The Week poll closed and we have a tie, @Streak One are you flipping a coin in selecting the Game of the Week? Or giving participants a choice to use either game as the Game of the Week tiebreaker, with closest score margin relative to the respective game chosen to settle any ties? Or something else? Or maybe you already spoke to the outcome on another thread? Curious.
Haven't had a tie before, but I'll choose one and go with Escalon-Hughson for the simple reason that I like to highlight other teams when possible.

LIttle surprised that game didn't get more attention in the poll
Yeah, but its a non league matchup that few outside the NCS or CCS would really pay attention to. Id wager most if the Board are SJS guys. Plus, there are some key league matchups in some SJS leagues this week.(Folsom-OR)(Escalon-Hughson) (Del Oro- Granite Bay)

Yeah, but its a non league matchup that few outside the NCS or CCS would really pay attention to. Id wager most if the Board are SJS guys. Plus, there are some key league matchups in some SJS leagues this week.(Folsom-OR)(Escalon-Hughson) (Del Oro- Granite Bay)
That was my thought too that most of the rest of NorCal is into league play so these final non-league games can get lost in the shuffle

Riordan v Valley
Yeah - unfortunately this is not a league changing game. If Riordan wins, it simply means that AR is better than normal. If VC wins, it simply means VC is back to its normal level. But in the scope of the WCAL league, it is not that meaningful of a game - not yet anyway.

In the same way, the Pittsburg @ Los Gatos game has very little impact on either team's league standings.

The Escalon @ Hughson, however is very significant in their league outcomes. The same is true of the Oak Ridge @ Folsom game. This is a league champ deciding game.

I brought up all four games in the Week 7 pick'em top games because all four are highly interesting for different reasons.
-The VC@AR game is a statement game for both teams even though Serra is the favored for the WCAL league.
-The Escalon @ Hughson game is most likely the TVAL league championship game.
-The Pittsburg @ LG game is the last significant game Pittsburg has until playoffs. Their EBAL league should be easier for the Pirates than their pre-league games.
-The OR @ Folsom game is one of two or three top games for the SFAL to prove Folsom is still the best in that league.
I polled for the TVAL league game even though all of these games have interesting take-aways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT