ADVERTISEMENT

Zac Jarzynka Ironman Wrestling Tournament, Oviedo, FL

tdc103

Superstar
Mar 28, 2005
The Zac Jarzynka Memorial Ironman Tournament V will take place at Oviedo, Florida on 29-30 Dec 2006. This event is a 32-team individual tournament wrestled on 7 mats over 2 full days. Each wrestler gets a minimum of 3 matches, with most getting 6-8 amongst some of the best competition in the nation. Last year, this tournament was ranked as one of the top tournaments in the nation by Amateur Wrestling News and W.I.N. Magazine.

Last year’s tourney was represented by teams from CA, OH, PA, VA, TN, GA, and FL. Of the teams entered we hosted 2 State Champion teams, with 13 others that finished in the top 10 of their respective state’s Championship Finals. From the teams entered last year, there were 85 State Qualifiers, 58 State Placers, and 16 State Champions. This year’s edition already has 4 State Champion teams entered from 4 different states. There are only a few spots left, so act quickly to secure your slot in this national-level tourney.

Oviedo, Florida is a suburb of Orlando, with the Disney and Universal Studios amusement parks located about 30 minutes away, with Florida beaches just 45 minutes to the east. Oviedo is a quick, easy 30 mile highway drive from the Orlando International Airport. The holiday period of this tournament offers a great place to wrestle top competition with no school days missed, while at the same time providing teams the opportunity to extend their stay to take in the great winter weather of Florida, the amusement parks, and the beaches.

You are invited to attend this year’s Zac Jarzynka V. If interested in attending, please contact Tournament Director/Oviedo Asst Coach Tom Coffman via email or phone at:

jetscoop@msn.com
407-493-9229 cell
407-977-0394 home

Yours in wrestling,
JD Robbins, Head Coach
Wade Schalles, Assistant Coach

www.oviedowrestling.org
www.zacjarzynka.org

CONFIRMED ENTRIES TO DATE, AS OF 16 SEP (29 of 32 field thus far):
Oviedo 3X FL 3A State Champs
Parkview, GA 2006 5A State Champs
Soddy Daisy, TN 2006 Div I State Champs
Hoover, AL 2006 6A State Champs
Lake Gibson 2006 3rd 2A
Miami Braddock 2006 4th 3A
Archbishop Rummel, LA 2006 5th Division I
Fort Dorchester, SC 2006 5th 4A
Winter Springs 2006 5th 3A
St Cloud 2006 5th 2A
Olympia 2006 7th 3A
Charlotte 2006 9th 2A
Hayfield Secondary School, VA 2006 11th 3A
Pope John Paul II, TN 2006 11th Division II
Bishop Lynch, TX
South Pointe, SC
Allen, TX
Camden County, GA
Lowndes, GA
Deltona
Clearwater Countryside
Sebastian River
Atlantic
Dr. Phillips
Osceola
Deland
Flanagan
Jupiter
Coral Glades

PENDING ENTRY (COACH HAS CONTACTED ME AND SPOT HELD PENDING THAT COACH'S FINAL DECISION):
Blair Academy, NJ
Brandon, FL
Dalton, GA
Middleton, DE
Eastside, GA

STATES REPRESENTED (8 thus far):
FL, GA, TN, LA, VA, AL, SC, TX (new tourney record; previous 7)

TEAMS IN TOP DOZEN AT 2006 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (14 thus far):
State Champions-4 (new tourney record; previous 2)
2nd--
3rd--1
4th--1
5th--4
6th--
7th--1
8th--
9th--1
10th-
11th-2
12th-

TOURNEY CONTACT INFO: