ADVERTISEMENT

2-A State Bowl: Serra vs. Sierra Canyon

The second PAT looked like it was tipped to me. Anyway, my point is that the frosh kicker is very good and is part of the solution, so it would be silly to look to replace him. Sometimes the negativity on this board is kind of depressing.

[B said:
"dcpanda[/B], post: 150988, member: 1290"]The second PAT looked like it was tipped to me. Anyway, my point is that the frosh kicker is very good and is part of the solution, so it would be silly to look to replace him. Sometimes the negativity on this board is kind of depressing.

dcpanda - really panda nobody is picking on the frosh kicker unless you are him or a member of his family I can see nothing negative about simply discussing Serra losing due to 2 missed PAT's [something to which I already stated in a previous post about not blaming a fill-in frosh kicker]. Both announcers said it appeared he just pain shanked it to the left & if he did then thats what happened[?]. Serra had an ongoing problem thoughout the season of missed PAT's and not attemtpting FG's when anywhere near the red zone. If the Padres are ever going to win against top-flight competition don't you agree this is an important area that should be seriously addressed? No negativity & no blame, just asking a simple question.

I am not related to the kicker or any other high school player. I just don't like poor analysis.

I am not related to the kicker or any other high school player. I just don't like poor analysis.

Lewis is a freshman, great athlete, starting point guard on Frosh team and good shot to be starting Free safety on Varsity next year plus kicking. He had a great year after being brought up from Frosh. Nerves in such a big game are understood. I saw a couple Pro kickers yesterday duck hook kicks for extra points and field goals from 25 yards out. Once he came out in second half all of the kicks were pure.

I bet that this 14 year old kid will be one of the best kickers Serra has ever had and will break all scoring records before he is done.

Lewis is a freshman, great athlete, starting point guard on Frosh team and good shot to be starting Free safety on Varsity next year plus kicking. He had a great year after being brought up from Frosh. Nerves in such a big game are understood. I saw a couple Pro kickers yesterday duck hook kicks for extra points and field goals from 25 yards out. Once he came out in second half all of the kicks were pure.

I bet that this 14 year old kid will be one of the best kickers Serra has ever had and will break all scoring records before he is done.

Good info on "The Kid" and to be on the big stage as a frosh - that doesn;t happen often - probably only 1-2 frosh players a year in WCAL [if that].
It would be great to see him develope into the premiere kicker in the league.

Lewis was also playing QB on the frosh level, which is why it was such an easy decision to go for two after second TD. I don't believe he had missed a PAT since being called up. What is strange though, is that he wasn't wearing the shoes he had kicked in all year - the high tops he wore when playing QB.

Jack Damelio Serra's original 2nd string QB and 1st string kicker was injured in the 2nd half of the first game this year. That injury put him out for the year. If memory serves me right his kickoffs vs St Mary's were in the end zone and he easily made 5 PATs.

Jack is a Jr. so I'd be surprised if he doesn't resume his kicking duties next year. I'm also curious to see if he or Luke Botari starts at QB. Jack looked pretty good at QB last year as a Soph.

Jack Damelio Serra's original 2nd string QB and 1st string kicker was injured in the 2nd half of the first game this year. That injury put him out for the year. If memory serves me right his kickoffs vs St Mary's were in the end zone and he easily made 5 PATs.

Jack is a Jr. so I'd be surprised if he doesn't resume his kicking duties next year. I'm also curious to see if he or Luke Botari starts at QB. Jack looked pretty good at QB last year as a Soph.

Agree Mr Murph as I thought Damelio looked very good last year throwing 2 TD passes vs DLS after Nunn left the game. The only other soph I can remember in recent history throwing 2 TD passes against DLS was .... Leki Nunn.
Serra already has 2 of the best QB's in WCAL coming back next year in Damelio & Botari.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT