ADVERTISEMENT

2011 Best Documentary "Undefeated"

Hall of Famer
Sep 3, 2011
Guys, rent the Netflix movie "Undefeated." NOT THE ONE TITLED "THE UNDEFEATED" SAME YEAR. (Tea Party propaganda about Palin.) None of that Hollywood fabrication Game Standing Tall stuff with an Academy Award winning movie, Best Documentary. Coach Bill Courtney is The Man. Gruff but fair. Reminds me of a coach I know fairly well...When he talks to his team first week of practice and says "Guys, we won't have ____, got shot. _________ won't be back either, he got shot too... _________ didn't make grades, so we need a Will" it's real. The ending is real and not some corny mash-up of a different kind of streak. North Memphis is more like North Richmond, than lily suburbia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undefeated_(2011_film)

I thought it was ok, The HS documentary I really like is The Last Game, it follows Pennsylvania's CB West Mike Pettine during his last season in 1999. Pettine is the father of recently fired Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine Jr. That season Jr. coached the rival HS.

Reactions: bella123
I thought it was ok, The HS documentary I really like is The Last Game, it follows Pennsylvania's CB West Mike Pettine during his last season in 1999. Pettine is the father of recently fired Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine Jr. That season Jr. coached the rival HS.
They both are pretty good but I think I preferred the undefeated. They are two completely different perspectives of high school football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT