ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Football Schedules

That is a good intersectional game on the 15th with San Ramon Valley. Initial thought is San Ramon Valley is higher in NCS than Salinas is in CCS
SRV should be ranked higher than Salinas including section. Salinas defense should be decent and will have some good RBs and skill players. They need to reload at QB.

Saint Francis

1/1 @ Wilcox (S) 6PM
1/15@ Oak Grove 7PM
1/22 De La Salle 7PM
1/29 Bye
2/5 SI 7PM
2/12@ SHC 7PM
2/19 VC 7PM
2/26 ABR 7pm
3/5 @BCP 7PM
3/12 AM 7PM
3/20 @Serra 2PM

Last edited:
Palma Chieftain (Celtic for PC crowd) Schedule

01-01-2021 TBA TBA - Scrimmage
01-08-2021 07:30PM Archbishop Mitty @ Rabobank
01-15-2021 07:30PM Sacred Heart Cathedral @ Rabobank
01-22-2021 07:30PM @Aptos @ Aptos
01-29-2021 07:30PM @Monte Vista Christian @ Monte Vista Christia
02-13-2021 01:00PM Alisal @ Rabobank Stadium
02-19-2021 07:00PM Alvarez @ Rabobank Stadium
02-26-2021 07:30PM @San Benito Hollister
03-05-2021 07:30PM @Seaside
03-11-2021 07:00PM Christopher @ Rabobank Stadium
03-19-2021 07:00PM Salinas @ Rabobank Stadium

Palma Key Players:

Offense:

SKILL
  • QB: Luke Rossi, QB (6-2, 195), Jr, #17, 3-star rated and returning starter. On recruiting radar for FB (interest from Fresno and growing list of D1A program) and baseball (elite baseball player). Will have option to play college in either sport. (Palma QB backups are also very good - soph and junior). Lots of depth in program at this position next couple years
  • QB/Skill: Josiah Garnica, So, QB (6-1, 160), probably backup at QB (JV starter as frosh) but junior also very good. He can play at other skill positions. Going to be very good.
  • WR/DB: JT Amaral, Sr, (6-0, 180), returning starter
  • SB/FS/KR: Noah Paz, Sr, (5-9, 160)
  • WR; Caesar Aldasert, Jr., WR (6-2, 180}
  • Guy Bessey, Sr., OLB/ILB/RB (6-3 1/2, 235), D1 interest, returning starter on defense. Fast and physical
  • Leigdon Razo, Sr., OLB,SS, RB (6-0, 200), good speed. Converted from QB. downhill runner.
TEs:
Javier Avilla, OLB/DE, TE (6-1, 220), Jr., League Wrestling champ (in toughest league in section). On radar at a couple D1A programs
Joseph Finley, TE, DE, Jr, (6-6, 235), basketball star. on radar as TE at Nevada, Colorado State and ASU

RBs:
Luke Alvarez, RB, SS, Jr, 5-6, 170, shifty and 7.9 ave yard per carry and 14 TDs on JV
JC Escutia, RB/DB, Soph, 5-10, 180, came up for playoffs as frosh and ~100 yards rushing against Palo Alto in a half of play.
Guy Bessey, OLB/ILB/DE/RB (6-3 1/2, 235)
Plus other depth

Will have smash mouth physical lines and quick shifty RBs and power running when needed. QB will be able to hit WRs and TE anywhere on field. Will lack 20+ TD RB (Villegas at UC Davis) from last season but this team will be athletic and have balance on offense. Soph RB is future star and they have another frosh from last season that could play up.

Defense:
LBs
Guy Bessey, Sr., OLB/ILB/RB (6-3 1/2, 235), D1 interest, returning starter
Stephen Lipe, Sr., ILB/TE (5-10, 205), returning starter
Jordan Morales Amador, Sr, ILB, RB (5-10, 170)
Kasey Mena, Jr., ILB, FB/TE (5-10, 210)- ranked wrestler in CCS.
Javier Avilla, Jr., OLB/DE, TE (6-1, 220) - ranked wrestler in CCS
Leigdon Razo, Sr., OLB,SS, RB (6-0, 200), good speed.
Plus other depth

O and D-lines Line:
Mizael Lizaola, C /DT, Sr (6-3, 245), returning starter
Oki Hautau, DT/RG, Sr (6-2, 285) #54, returning starter, D1A radar / D1 FBS offers. On radar at ASU, U of Hawaii, Army West Point, University of San Diego, Montana State
Noah Pulealii, Sr, RT/DT (6-5, 304) #73, Returning starter, verbal UCLA
Nathaniel Gonzalez, Sr, G/DT (6-2, 260), rotated in. Lower division FB interest
Christian Avilla, Sr., DT, G (6-1, 265), returning starter. Lower division FB interest
Joseph Finley, TE, DE, Jr, (6-6, 235) already D1A interest at TE
Caleb Moran Murphy, Jr., C, NG/DL (6-1, 310), strongest player in team (benches over 345lbs),on radar at a couple D1A programs

DBs.
WR/DB: JT Amaral, Sr, (6-0, 180), returning starter
and above and lots of competition with others that rotated in.

Need to reload at DB, but otherwise the defense is going to be special. Will be tough to run on this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: WCAL75 and MC415
Probably multiple factors, with Covid being a big one. Many of the elite national-level programs have had their travel restricted, in a general sense. A lot of teams don't really want to play SJB or MD, anyway. They have trouble filling their schedules. SJB is TRAVELING on a one year contract. They obviously needed a game.

There seems to be a pattern developing in Elk Grove. Elk Grove HS is also playing De La Salle, so the area is jumping into the deeper end of the competition pool. I don't think anybody has any unrealistic expectations. I guess sometimes you have to measure yourself against the best competition even when you know it's not remotely in your favor.
Hear Elk Grove has lost at least 3 players to Idaho and possibly another to Texas. Parents are up and moving to be able to play

The state is def losing residents as more people can work remotely and take advantage of cheaper places. Icing on the cake is all the less red tape.

The state is def losing residents as more people can work remotely and take advantage of cheaper places. Icing on the cake is all the less red tape.
Two of my colleagues in my group at work moved their families to Austin within the last 3 months. The cost of living and taxes in this state will need to adjust or COVID may have been inflection point for a trend of mass moves from this state. Many companies are able to cut costs and are more efficient with video conferencing. It will have huge impact on conference/event and hotel and airline industries that may extend far beyond after this pandemic is over.

Reactions: WM483 and bella123
Two of my colleagues in my group at work moved their families to Austin within the last 3 months. The cost of living and taxes in this state will need to adjust or COVID may have been inflection point for a trend of mass moves from this state. Many companies are able to cut costs and are more efficient with video conferencing. It will have huge impact on conference/event and hotel and airline industries that may extend far beyond after this pandemic is over.
Native Californian and used to have an immense amount of pride in being Californian. Somewhere along the line our state government decided they could do anything to its citizens and people would still toil away and pay in to the system. The exit has begun and it will take a massive overhaul to reverse that course. Accountants, attorneys and financial planners are now using leaving California as serious consideration to enhance your retirement. It is sad.

I know this isn't the most important thing considering what is going on, but I wonder what this year will do the prep sports landscape? Does power shift in NorCal areas (small privates closing, people relocating to other parts of the state or out of the state)?

State wide, will California lose their spot as one of the top states for producing athletes?

Next decade will see a lot of change

IF people leave California in droves, THEN housing prices will drop.
IF California housing prices drop, THEN people will be able to afford to move here.
IF more people can afford to move here, THEN housing prices will go back up.

Certainly the WHERE in California will change. Look at the population explosion in Sacramento once the Bay Area became too expensive.

I'm a native Californian, so I've seen this before. I remember being in Idaho for a wedding in 1992. Bunches of news stories about Californians moving to Idaho and driving up their real estate prices. There were so many moving trucks coming in on one-way rentals that U-Haul was letting people drive them back to California one-way for almost nothing. California's population was a little over 30 million then. It's about 40 million now.

It's cyclical. For all the taxes, B.S., and wildfires! it's still California and always will be. People will come. They most definitely will come. I just hope my kids can hit the housing market right and buy in a down cycle.

IF California housing prices drop, THEN people will be able to afford to move here.

Certainly the WHERE in California will change. Look at the population explosion in Sacramento once the Bay Area became too expensive.

I'm a native Californian, so I've seen this before. I remember being in Idaho for a wedding in 1992. Bunches of news stories about Californians moving to Idaho and driving up their real estate prices. There were so many moving trucks coming in on one-way rentals that U-Haul was letting people drive them back to California one-way for almost nothing. California's population was a little over 30 million then. It's about 40 million now.

It's cyclical. For all the taxes, B.S., and wildfires! it's still California and always will be. People will come. They most definitely will come. I just hope my kids can hit the housing market right and buy in a down cycle.
Used to believe that, but many more native Californians are leaving and companies relocating more and more workers outside the state. In theory what you say is true, but looking like more a trend of exodus from cities to low cost states. California has become less and less desirable and weather gets you only so far when the state has a power grid bordering on developing country status and a homeless pandemic. The current situation is very different and looks to be structural in the state that already has high tax structure and huge state debt and upcoming outlays for an underfunded retirement plan. I thought I would retire here, and now undecided.

On a sports topic -
The downturn / slowdown looks like and I agree will have an impact on small privates and privates this season but if the economy rebounds back by mid-late 2021, the impact should be temporary. However, some industries will be impacted long term and this will hit some areas more than others. Bay area seems like it will spared more than other areas, but if football season is cancelled it might impact quaiity and interest in the sport for a couple seasons after.

Used to believe that, but many more native Californians are leaving and companies relocating more and more workers outside the state. In theory what you say is true, but looking like more a trend of exodus from cities to low cost states. California has become less and less desirable and weather gets you only so far when the state has a power grid bordering on developing country status and a homeless pandemic. The current situation is very different and looks to be structural in the state that already has high tax structure and huge state debt and upcoming outlays for an underfunded retirement plan. I thought I would retire here, and now undecided.

On a sports topic -
The downturn / slowdown looks like and I agree will have an impact on small privates and privates this season but if the economy rebounds back by mid-late 2021, the impact should be temporary. However, some industries will be impacted long term and this will hit some areas more than others. Bay area seems like it will spared more than other areas, but if football season is cancelled it might impact quaiity and interest in the sport for a couple seasons after.

Same boat for retirement. I figured I’d stay here, but now I have to look where I can get the most out of my retirement. At least 20 people I work or worked with have left for Boise/Meridian/Eagle area in the past 2 years. Others have gone Tennessee, Texas and Arizona.

My kids both want to leave California when they get done with school and I’ve seen that trend with several of my friends who’s kids have left for other states as well. Prob have to wait to settle to see where I land or if I stay.

@MTsince2004 I do agree these things are cynical. However especially with Covid I think the ability for many to work remotely and not have to be anchored to somewhat near their work is going to change the complex of things. People are leaving cities. California may get cheaper down the road, but until there are some serious changes at the top of this state, which is going to take some serious time to fix I believe it will keep people away and push many out.

To steaks question, it will prob alter the sports landscape to some degree for California. But it will still have huge population numbers no matter if there continues to be an exodus. The good thing is other states will see improvement as there is an influx of talent and coaching that they get so you might see some improved play more nationwide, which is great.

I agree things are cyclical. The danger is trying to right the ship once a direction has been determined. 2019 marked the first population decline in California since 1900 which is as far back as records go. To put our collective head in the sand and say there's nothing wrong would be a mistake. When more people and businesses are leaving the state then are coming in to the state there are less people to support those businesses and less businesses to employ those people. That's the wrong kind of cycle. We are not talking about growth taking a breather, we are talking negative growth rates. We have sacrificed our children's mental well being, we have sacrificed our economy. Whether it was the right or wrong decision is debatable as there doesn't seem to be a significant difference in case rates than those that continued on. Either way those are the types of decisions that will scare away investment and reinvigorate growth.

As to Streak's question, yes this decade will take a hit. To the rest of the country we look like we are anti-football as a state. At the college level our AD's, coaches, parents, fans and players didn't fight for the right to play football. State restrictions were enacted that kept high schools from being able to see the field and then those restrictions were tightened further. There are an unreasonable amount of parents that think their children are scholarship athletes, athletic transfers are all the rage. I can't see how those parents stay put.

Reactions: bella123
Cosumnes Oaks

January 8 vs. Oak Ridge
January 15 at Monterey Trail
January 22 vs. Manteca
January 29 at Mater Dei
February 5 at Davis
February 12 at Sheldon
February 19 vs. Pleasant Grove
February 26 vs. Jesuit
March 5 at Franklin-EG
March 12 at Elk Grove

I agree things are cyclical. The danger is trying to right the ship once a direction has been determined. 2019 marked the first population decline in California since 1900 which is as far back as records go. To put our collective head in the sand and say there's nothing wrong would be a mistake. When more people and businesses are leaving the state then are coming in to the state there are less people to support those businesses and less businesses to employ those people. That's the wrong kind of cycle. We are not talking about growth taking a breather, we are talking negative growth rates. We have sacrificed our children's mental well being, we have sacrificed our economy. Whether it was the right or wrong decision is debatable as there doesn't seem to be a significant difference in case rates than those that continued on. Either way those are the types of decisions that will scare away investment and reinvigorate growth.

As to Streak's question, yes this decade will take a hit. To the rest of the country we look like we are anti-football as a state. At the college level our AD's, coaches, parents, fans and players didn't fight for the right to play football. State restrictions were enacted that kept high schools from being able to see the field and then those restrictions were tightened further. There are an unreasonable amount of parents that think their children are scholarship athletes, athletic transfers are all the rage. I can't see how those parents stay put.
There was not a population decline in California in 2019...only a lower rate.
The state’s economy would be the fifth largest in the WORLD if a sovereign nation, so all this handwringing is gloom and doom. FB will bounce back; give it time.

Reactions: MTsince2004
Roseville

January 8 vs. Oakmont
January 15 at Placer
January 22 at Rio Linda
January 29 vs. Lincoln
February 5 at Woodcreek
February 12 at Antelope
February 19 vs. River Valley
March 5 vs. Yuba City
March 12 vs. Bella Vista
March 19 at Inderkum

There was not a population decline in California in 2019...only a lower rate.
The state’s economy would be the fifth largest in the WORLD if a sovereign nation, so all this handwringing is gloom and doom. FB will bounce back; give it time.
0.2% Growth in fiscal year and good chance negative next one. Problem is taxes will need to go up and we are high tax state and with pension bleeding to happen in the not so distant future taxes will need to go up further. If more employees can be located anywhere, less will locate here or have to have workers here. My company has over 100k workers working virtually globally and some based in my office moved out of state and doing the same work. WA will probably see greater growth in the future and other tech hubs. We used to all have to sit in our office in Palo Alto and no longer really need to do it. There is high risk of this state trending down at a higher rate in the not so distant future.

Lincoln-Stockton

January 8 vs. Edison-Stockton
January 15 vs. Pitman
January 22 at Oak Ridge
January 29 at Buhach Colony
February 5 vs. Chavez
February 19 vs. Tracy
February 26 at Tokay
March 5 vs. West
March 12 at Lodi
March 19 at St. Mary's-Stockton

Reactions: concrete17
Cardinal Newman:

Januay 8 at San Leandro
January 15 at Inderkum
January 22 vs. Placer
January 29 at De Anza
February 5 at St. Mary's-Stockton
February 19 at Ukiah
February 26 vs. Carrillo
March 5 at Windsor
March 12 at Rancho Cotate
March 19 vs. Santa Rosa

East Nicolaus

Glad to see Wheatland on the schedule. While they play regularly in Basketball and Baseball, this will be the first football game since 2003 for the 2 schools that are only 15 miles apart, and have kids and family that move back and forth to both schools. I hope this game can continue in the years to come.

Reactions: concrete17
Glad to see Wheatland on the schedule. While they play regularly in Basketball and Baseball, this will be the first football game since 2003 for the 2 schools that are only 15 miles apart, and have kids and family that move back and forth to both schools. I hope this game can continue in the years to come.

Why did the game go away? I agree. It is good for schools in close proximity to play.

Saint Francis

1/1 @ Wilcox (S) 6PM
1/15@ Oak Grove 7PM
1/22 De La Salle 7PM
1/29 Bye
2/5 SI 7PM
2/12@ SHC 7PM
2/19 VC 7PM
2/26 ABR 7pm
3/5 @BCP 7PM
3/12 AM 7PM
3/20 @Serra 2PM
Has a trip to Newport Beach to play Corona del Mar been suspended to fall of 2021?

Only nine games for St. Francis, so they might be trying to figure that one out. Good catch on that schedule

De La Salle (from Darren Sabedra)

Jan. 8 at St. John Bosco

Jan. 15 vs. Elk Grove

Jan. 22 at St. Francis

Jan. 29 vs. Folsom

Feb. 5 Open

Feb. 12 vs. St. Mary’s-Stockton

Feb. 19 Open

Feb. 27 at California

March 6 vs. San Ramon Valley

March 13 vs. Amador Valley

March 20 at Clayton Valley Charter

Campolindo
1/8 vs Moreau Catholic
1/15 @ Deer Valley
1/23 @ Sutter
1/29 @ Rancho Cotate
2/5 vs Hayward
2/19 @ Benicia
2/26 vs Acalanes
3/5 vs Alhambra
3/12 vs Las Lomas
3/19 @ Miramonte

Miramonte
1/15 @ Fortuna
1/22 @ Piedmont
1/29 vs Pinole Valley
2/5 vs Sir Francis Drake
2/12 vs Millenium (Tracy)
2/19 @ Alhambra
2/26 vs Benicia
3/5 @ Las Lomas
3/12 @ Acalanes
3/19 vs Campolindo

Antioch
1/15 @ California (San Ramon)
1/22 @ San Rafael
1/29 vs San Ramon Valley
2/6 @ Marin Catholic
2/12 @ Acalanes
2/19 vs Liberty (Brentwood)
2/26 @ Freedom (Oakley)
3/5 @ Deer Valley
3/12 vs Heritage
3/20 vs Pittsburg

Has a trip to Newport Beach to play Corona del Mar been suspended to fall of 2021?
No, they will be playing with DLS as their toughest preseason game. I’m not sure how good Wilcox will be this season. I would liked to have seen that game made with CDM

Mountain House
1/8 @ Chavez (Stockton)
1/15 @ Weston Ranch
1/29 vs West (Tracy)
2/5 vs Davis (Modesto)
2/12 @ Johansen (Modesto)
2/19 @ Los Banos
2/26 vs Beyer (Modesto)
3/5 @ Pacheco (Los Banos)
3/12 vs Ceres
3/19 vs Lathrop

ADVERTISEMENT