ADVERTISEMENT

Announcing lineup For The 68th Annual Gridley Invitational

I go because most of the games are good, I just always get ripped off because it's one less game than actually advertised due to Gridley playing non-competitive games. You can't keep scamming people out of the hard-earned money they spend on tickets, it's bad business.
it aint a scam. clearly everyone knows gridley just there for participation points. you seem to be the only one bothered by their existence. MLK didnt stand for this.

Reactions: BadBucks
it aint a scam. clearly everyone knows gridley just there for participation points. you seem to be the only one bothered by their existence. MLK didnt stand for this.
Did this guy say hard earned money. It’s a high school basketball tournament, truly comedy.

I go because most of the games are good, I just always get ripped off because it's one less game than actually advertised due to Gridley playing non-competitive games. You can't keep scamming people out of the hard-earned money they spend on tickets, it's bad business.
Well, It does cost ten dollars for all three days. We don't want anyone to feel riped off. You sound like you might have trouble coming up with the dough for the tickets. If you find it hard to come up with the money, I would spot you the dough. Would you be bold enough to meet me there?

Here's wishing you great hoops

Well, It does cost ten dollars for all three days. We don't want anyone to feel riped off. You sound like you might have trouble coming up with the dough for the tickets. If you find it hard to come up with the money, I would spot you the dough. Would you be bold enough to meet me there?

With gas prices you might be lucky to get 20 people this year. Just bring in say St Mary’s Berkeley and you might get 40 and tell your boys to sit at home. And make sure you don’t raise the concession fees to current inflation. That is definitely bad for biz

If you really wish me great hoops then put some elite teams in the tournament and take out the team that doesn't compete. It's not about the money it's about the principle. More than happy to talk to you about it at the tournament this year, provided it's not during the blowout game.

And Marc keep in mind you are speaking with someone who thinks San Jose State girls can be a National powerhouse if they recruit locally in the Bay Area. Put the guy on the list and let him in for $0

If you really wish me great hoops then put some elite teams in the tournament and take out the team that doesn't compete. It's not about the money it's about the principle. More than happy to talk to you about it at the tournament this year, provided it's not during the blowout game.
Ur a ****ing weirdo creep

Marc did you kick this guy out once. Dude is going hard in the paint man. Maybe you said to him F the great hoops, leave now please. Hopefully you gave him his $10 back.

Ur a ****ing weirdo creep
Starting to wonder if this dude is looking at athletes differently. I mean let’s be honest the kids from Gridley are regular kids happy to play. Kids from Riordan have some kids that spend serious weight time. You might be on to something

Reactions: MC415
Starting to wonder if this dude is looking at athletes differently. I mean let’s be honest the kids from Gridley are regular kids happy to play. Kids from Riordan have some kids that spend serious weight time. You might be on to something
Riordan has nothing to do with this conversation, they’re a marginal program even in their best years. Nobody outside of Northern California knows where or what Riordan even is.

I am looking forward to meeting you at the tournament. Ask any one who I am.
Should I hold you to the meet?

This site is getting further and further away
From anything positive about good local
High school hoop talk it's turning into who can throw The darts at the board harder and straighter not sure that's why we signed up and agreed to pay a subscription for.

Riordan has nothing to do with this conversation, they’re a marginal program even in their best years. Nobody outside of Northern California knows where or what Riordan even is.
Steak can you put a APB out for LEROY BROWN and replace the clown in the circus. Thanks.

Best rule on stuff like this is to just not engage. It is hard when a poster gives so many easy targets to reply to, but going back and forth only extends it.

Most people on here and those that follow basketball know the place that the GIBT holds in the hoops calendar. It is the reason why the gym is always packed and was still packed even after adding streaming and has many teams clamoring to be in it.

Best rule on stuff like this is to just not engage. It is hard when a poster gives so many easy targets to reply to, but going back and forth only extends it.

Most people on here and those that follow basketball know the place that the GIBT holds in the hoops calendar. It is the reason why the gym is always packed and was still packed even after adding streaming and has many teams clamoring to be in it.
I go to the tournament every year, just contributing some ideas on how to make it better from a fan's perspective. The gym wasn't so packed this year and in order to get the fans back some changes and improvements need to be made. Not all change is improvement, but all improvement is change. It's about the kids and how to provide the best possible experience for the kids and for the fans/paying customers.

Since Gridley has decided not to back out of their own tournament as suggested here, I am thinking of maybe talking to the current EDHS coaching staff about organizing and starting a tournament at El Dorado HS, where I last coached. EDHS will not play, but have them invite Duncanville TX, IMG FL, La Lumerie IN, LI Lutheran (NY), Gonzaga (DC), Centennial (So CA), Jesuit (OR), DLS (Nor Cal).

We will do it for the experience of the kids and the fans of these teams from far off lands, and the paying customers of Eastern El Dorado County, who are dying to see these top teams play while the EDHS players (their sons, nephews and friends) serve them oranges and clean up their empty water bottles.

We are going to call it the Leroy Jenkins Invitational.

Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
Since Gridley has decided not to back out of their own tournament as suggested here, I am thinking of maybe talking to the current EDHS coaching staff about organizing and starting a tournament at El Dorado HS, where I last coached. EDHS will not play, but have them invite Duncanville TX, IMG FL, La Lumerie IN, LI Lutheran (NY), Gonzaga (DC), Centennial (So CA), Jesuit (OR), DLS (Nor Cal).

We will do it for the experience of the kids and the fans of these teams from far off lands, and the paying customers of Eastern El Dorado County, who are dying to see these top teams play while the EDHS players (their sons, nephews and friends) serve them oranges and clean up their empty water bottles.

Thoughts?
This would make him cream his pants, now he just needs a gofundme to raise the $10

Thoughts?
Seems like a swell idea. This whole premise reminds me of Caddyshack when Danny gets the invite from Judge Smails for the boat christening only to get invited to mow his lawn. Hey guys have a tournament, but you can’t play in it.

BETTER MARK YOUR CALENDAR. Since Sheldon isn’t good enough for Gridley next year LOL they created their own event on Dec 2-3. BEST Collection of teams regular season ever in Nor cal outside of state championships. 2 day showcase with Already confirmed 4 cali open teams , a cali state champ and and out of state champ. But Leroy you better save up . To get to see teams you ask for you gotta pay . Probably gonna be $15 and will sell out. Some teams will play both nights .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
This site is getting further and further away
From anything positive about good local
High school hoop talk it's turning into who can throw The darts at the board harder and straighter not sure that's why we signed up and agreed to pay a subscription for.

I think at times we forget we are talking about high school kids. I for one would love to go to the Gridley sometime. If it’s not the premiere event in Norcal it’s easily in the top 3, right up there with the Baumbauer and others.

BETTER MARK YOUR CALENDAR. Since Sheldon isn’t good enough for Gridley next year LOL they created their own event on Dec 2-3. BEST Collection of teams regular season ever in Nor cal outside of state championships. 2 day showcase with Already confirmed 4 cali open teams , a cali state champ and and out of state champ. But Leroy you better save up . To get to see teams you ask for you gotta pay . Probably gonna be $15 and will sell out. Some teams will play both nights .
If true, that is excellent news and the tournament will probably be nationally televised. Will be there for sure if you’re right

If true, that is excellent news and the tournament will probably be nationally televised. Will be there for sure if you’re right
.....better be !!.......... Already raised $11.69 on the GoFundMe websight to date. Target goal is $58.00 to cover the anticipated entrance fee and the $43.00 round trip tickets to Sheldon on the Big Dog Bus from downtown Pittsburg.

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
.....better be !!.......... Already raised $11.69 on the GoFundMe websight to date. Target goal is $58.00 to cover the anticipated entrance fee and the $43.00 round trip tickets to Sheldon on the Big Dog Bus from downtown Pittsburg.
Pittsburg isn’t good at basketball. They don’t belong in any reputable tournament

Pittsburg isn’t good at basketball. They don’t belong in any reputable tournament
Are you seriously back. Just got out of church. And please tell me you were born in 1969. If you weren’t, that is some scary stuff on a high school site

Last edited:
My guess for teams in this “other tourney” Sheldon is running:

Sheldon, Clovis West, Mitty, Modesto Christian, Elk Grove, Liberty (NV State Champ),

Feel bad for the Gridley team. I understand your hosting but I think adding 1 or 2 beatable teams would be more beneficial. Just my 2 cents.

This is easily the best HS BBall tourney in Norcal. There are some in SoCal that beat it but it’s the best of the best that Norcal has to offer.
I think the Edison tourney a was bit better than the Gridley last year. I think thats a bit of a reach to say EASILY the best tourney in Norcal as well. (Just my 2 cents).

Coach, it's not a contest. Just enjoy what you do.

Here's wishing you great hoop

Coach, it's not a contest. Just enjoy what you do.

I just make everything into competition. I probably come off annoying to those that dont know me. Just trying to get some recognition as ONE of the top tourneys in Norcal. I know Gridley been the monster for years. Im just chasing the Champ.

No disrespect at all just. I love what I do.

Reactions: jordan24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT