ADVERTISEMENT

Any 411 on how Deer Valley-Antioch will be?

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
Wud like more info on Deer Valley. Deer Valley was coming on strong. Really liked their Out Of Section Preseason Game with Vacaville. I thought this was a good Preseason Rivalry Game that was brewing into something special. Just surprised it ended. How come?-tia!

Wud like more info on Deer Valley. Deer Valley was coming on strong. Really liked their Out Of Section Preseason Game with Vacaville. I thought this was a good Preseason Rivalry Game that was brewing into something special. Just surprised it ended. How come?-tia!
NCSCALFOOTBALL.....Its my guess when the two brothers grad from Deer Valley and a number of line men left for Antioch, the former coach may have decided to end the contract....But, these contracts are some times two years ahead in the making although there have been some last minute changes which have produced some good contests.
The new coach at Deer Valley seems to have pumped new life into the team as they did very well at the LMC Passing Tourney and the question now is how will they do with a running game added and will the protection be good enough for the passing game to shine...PALOMA should have way more to add as Deer Valley just might be on the rebound from last season....Deer Valley has a lot of speed and I saw what the Deer Valley speed did to Vacaville in the last contest..One of the brothers was thru the Vacaville line so fast, it looked like he was shot from a gun....These young players on today's Deer Valley team may pocess the same speed......

Deer Valley never lacks for talent. I see a .500 season asthe new coach tries to rebuild a program that Rich Woods left in bad shape. From what I hear the new coach is a great guy and positive role model.

Based on their schedule on Maxpreps, their toughest games come in BVAL play. I think every BVAL game will be nail biters this year.

Both Antioch and Deer Valley should be competitive but have difficult non-league schedules then they have to play a wide open BVAL. Antioch has some legit talent but they remind of the Freedom team with Mixon as a senior that went 5-5 in season. Freedom came into that season hyped up and lost a close opener to Amador Valley and I think Antioch will do the same to Acalanes. From there they play solid programs like Milpitas, San Leandro and Rancho Cotate with Pinole Valley as well. They'll probably go 3-2 here. Deer Valley is always a question mark because they have the talent and now with a new coach it's hard to tell how they'll come out. They play a tough schedule for a new coach. They have a non-league schedule of Granada, Campo, Pittman, Concord, College Park. I think they'll go 1-4 here maybe 2-3. My best guess would be Antioch goes 7-3 and Deer Valley goes 3-7

Both Antioch and Deer Valley should be competitive but have difficult non-league schedules then they have to play a wide open BVAL. Antioch has some legit talent but they remind of the Freedom team with Mixon as a senior that went 5-5 in season. Freedom came into that season hyped up and lost a close opener to Amador Valley and I think Antioch will do the same to Acalanes. From there they play solid programs like Milpitas, San Leandro and Rancho Cotate with Pinole Valley as well. They'll probably go 3-2 here. Deer Valley is always a question mark because they have the talent and now with a new coach it's hard to tell how they'll come out. They play a tough schedule for a new coach. They have a non-league schedule of Granada, Campo, Pittman, Concord, College Park. I think they'll go 1-4 here maybe 2-3. My best guess would be Antioch goes 7-3 and Deer Valley goes 3-7
Acalanes is probably the least talented team of the non league opponents on Antioch's schedule, i would say milpitas and rancho would be games they could lose or struggle in, but they should blow acalanes out

as far as DV pre season goes... Granada and CP are not good. Pittman is usually ok. Concord graduated a lot, well coached, good program, but DV will be SO much bigger and faster... wouldnt be surprised if DV steals that one. Campo's discipline will be the difference and they will beat DV by a couple TDs

Why did the Antioch vs.Wood, Vacaville Series ended? Really like the Milpitas & Rancho Games too!

Acalanes is probably the least talented team of the non league opponents on Antioch's schedule, i would say milpitas and rancho would be games they could lose or struggle in, but they should blow acalanes out

as far as DV pre season goes... Granada and CP are not good. Pittman is usually ok. Concord graduated a lot, well coached, good program, but DV will be SO much bigger and faster... wouldnt be surprised if DV steals that one. Campo's discipline will be the difference and they will beat DV by a couple TDs
No disagreement that Acalanes will have less talent than Antioch or any other team on their non-league schedule. Last year was a 2 pt. game and my point was a far more talented team like Freedom in 2013 bought into the hype a little too much in the preseason and over looked a so-so AV team and lost. Yes Granada and CP are not "the best programs" but DV only beat the worst CP team in recent memory by a TD last season and Granada lost to Foothill by 7 when Antich lost to them by 48. I don't know the story on the new DV coach but my guess is they'll likely go winless again in league.

I've heard good things about Deer Valley's new coach, that they've looked organized and disciplined for the first time in a while. This could be the exact guy for the job if it's true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT