ADVERTISEMENT

April 13 Scoreboard: College Park sweeps Acalanes

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Mitty beat Carlmont 14-1: Matthew Stivaletti and Noah Pang each had three hits and five ptichers combiend for a five hitter with nine strikeouts.

Leigh beat Leland 6-2: Colten Hanson threw a complete game in giving up five hits with six strikeouts. Justin Jeong and Bryant Viskovich each had two hits for Leigh. Leland's Cody Hardtke went 2-for-3 with a double and a RBI.

Washington-Fremont beat St. Francis 6-2: The Lancers took a second non league loss this week. Washington's Mateo Valadez and Mateo Torres each had two RBI.

College Park beat Acalanes 3-2 (13 innings) College Park completed a two game sweep of Acalanes as Kevwe Ojo had a triple and RBI. Samuel Johnston threw five shutout innings in relief. Acalanes' Keegan Goddard had two doubles in the loss.

Clayton Valley Charter beat Northgate 6-0: The Eagles completed a sweep of Northgate and have given up eight runs in their nine wins.

Woodcreek beat Yuba City 5-0: Aidan Purvis threw five shutout innings with six strikeouts and Isaac Hawthrone had two RBI.

Reactions: THEOC89
#1 Newman improved to 15-0 with 9-5 win over Ukiah who was NCS D2 Champ last year. They meet up again today at CN. Some good baseball in north bay being played.

Mitty beat Carlmont 14-1: Matthew Stivaletti and Noah Pang each had three hits and five ptichers combiend for a five hitter with nine strikeouts.

Leigh beat Leland 6-2: Colten Hanson threw a complete game in giving up five hits with six strikeouts. Justin Jeong and Bryant Viskovich each had two hits for Leigh. Leland's Cody Hardtke went 2-for-3 with a double and a RBI.

Washington-Fremont beat St. Francis 6-2: The Lancers took a second non league loss this week. Washington's Mateo Valadez and Mateo Torres each had two RBI.

College Park beat Acalanes 3-2 (13 innings) College Park completed a two game sweep of Acalanes as Kevwe Ojo had a triple and RBI. Samuel Johnston threw five shutout innings in relief. Acalanes' Keegan Goddard had two doubles in the loss.

Clayton Valley Charter beat Northgate 6-0: The Eagles completed a sweep of Northgate and have given up eight runs in their nine wins.

Woodcreek beat Yuba City 5-0: Aidan Purvis threw five shutout innings with six strikeouts and Isaac Hawthrone had two RBI.
Big week for CP!…. Both were Great games!!…. After an 1-4 start CP has gone 6-2 in their last 8 games!….

#1 Newman improved to 15-0 with 9-5 win over Ukiah who was NCS D2 Champ last year. They meet up again today at CN. Some good baseball in north bay being played.
Newman improved to 16-0 with win over NBL rival ukiah 3-1. Cardinals have a tough game against Marin Catholic today who will be ready to give newman there first L.

Newman improved to 16-0 with win over NBL rival ukiah 3-1. Cardinals have a tough game against Marin Catholic today who will be ready to give newman there first L.
Would not be shocked if MC beats them.

Going undefeated in baseball is really tough. Any team with a “Dude” on the bump can shove it that day and give a sub par team a chance and neutralize an elite team any given day.

Reactions: THEOC89
Would not be shocked if MC beats them.

Going undefeated in baseball is really tough. Any team with a “Dude” on the bump can shove it that day and give a sub par team a chance and neutralize an elite team any given day.
Wouldn’t be surprised either. It’s unreal they are 16-0.
The League is loaded too. Carillo and Windsor both have SLO commits. I don’t think it’s a lock for NBL either.

Newman will face ND Sherman Oaks for boras. They are #1 team in state and top 10 in Nation. That is basically a state champ type game mid year.

Winner over a very good MC team 5-4! That’s a solid W coming off a tough game against ukiah.
I was wondering how this game would turn out. MC had a 10 day rest (according to schedule on maxpreps). Newman played Wed and Fri against a good Ukiah team. Really looking forward to watching the Notre Dame/CN game in 2 weeks. I may drive down to Santa Clara to watch. Good Sat. Excursion!

I was wondering how this game would turn out. MC had a 10 day rest (according to schedule on maxpreps). Newman played Wed and Fri against a good Ukiah team. Really looking forward to watching the Notre Dame/CN game in 2 weeks. I may drive down to Santa Clara to watch. Good Sat. Excursion!
That is going to be a tall order and a huge test. Huntington Beach has been playing great win for NDSO to knock them off, that is an impressive W.

I haven’t bothered to look at schedules, but hypothetical if you’re playing in that game and had a league game say Thursday or Friday against a tough opponent do you throw your ace or save them for the Boras game? Personally, I’d save it for the Boras game, you’re only gonna get one shot at that.

Last edited:
That is going to be a tall order in a huge test. Huntington Beach has been playing great win for NDSO to knock them off, that is an impressive W.

I haven’t bothered to look at schedules, but hypothetical if you’re playing in that game and had a league game say Thursday or Friday against a tough opponent do you throw your ace or save them for the Boras game? Personally, I’d save it for the Boras game, you’re only gonna get one shot at that.
I was following the Huntington Beach/ND game and stopped watching when it was 5-0 in the 5th HB. Was flabbergasted to go back and see ND notch an 8 run 6th inning and go on to win. HB had 2 errors and errant pitch hit batter to get that rally going. ND, though, was out of pitchers in that game.

I save my ace for the ND game. It’s a defacto State Championship game. A league loss may not change anything for CN.

I was following the Huntington Beach/ND game and stopped watching when it was 5-0 in the 5th HB. Was flabbergasted to go back and see ND notch an 8 run 6th inning and go on to win. HB had 2 errors and errant pitch hit batter to get that rally going. ND, though, was out of pitchers in that game.

I save my ace for the ND game. It’s a defacto State Championship game. A league loss may not change anything for CN.
Save your ace. It’s arguably the biggest baseball game in CN history. One game series you never know….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT