ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona signs an impressive class

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Arizona signed one of the best classes in the country and it was littered with NorCal players. Below are comments on the local players from head coach Jay Johnson

Chase Davis Franklin-Elk Grove

"Chase is one of the elite prospects in the country and does things very easily on the baseball field. His ability to hit, run, and defend in the outfield are all extremely high-level. I believe Chase has a limitless future in this game and we are elated that he chose Arizona to further his baseball career."

TJ Nichols Oakmont

"I could not be more excited to add TJ to our program. He is exactly what we are looking for in both ability and character. His fastball is up to 95 mph with swing-and-miss off-speed stuff, and he has the athleticism and drive to compete as a position player as well. TJ makes everyone around him better and will be a mainstay in our program in the coming years."

Daniel Susac Jesuit

"Daniel is one of the elite players on the West Coast, and has the potential to be a great offensive and defensive player here at Arizona. Daniel is regarded as one of the top defensive catchers in the country and has limitless potential as a hitter. He will also make our program better because of his elite makeup at a position that requires it."

Nick Yorke Mitty

"Nick is an elite player — in my opinion one of the best in the country. He has a complete skill set that includes hitting ability (both for average and power), plus defense, a tenacious attitude, and a will to win. He often shows up as the best player on the field no matter who he is competing against, and we can't wait to get him to Arizona."

https://arizonawildcats.com/news/20...ces-nationally-lauded-2020-signing-class.aspx

Nice!

Quick question, could any or all of these players be drafted by a MLB team and not actually show up in Arizona?

Nick Yorke was the only one to get drafted. Would have been a different story in a normal year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT