Baseball Commitments

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
2017 Oak Ridge RHP Trenton Denholm has committed to UC Irvine
2018 Northgate OF Ian Villers has committed to Cal
2018 Davis OF Ryan Holgate has committed to Cal

what % of current 2018 commitments will actually come to fruition? 50%?
Closer to 80% at the big-time programs. I get what you are saying and I've already seen fallout from 2017 players that committed last year. Would love to put rules into place that would squelch this but what what rules do you use when we are talking about verbal promises anyway. All visits are unofficial.

I was on the UCSB website and didn't see 2015 grad Tommy Jew of Dougherty on the team. Anyone know what happened with that?

Thanks. Redshirt was my guess but I'm not up to speed on how colleges account for redshirt athletes. I guess they don't list them their non playing year and then denote with "redshirt" each of the years they play. Anyone know if my guess is accurate?

Pepperdine certainly can challenge the palm tree scenery stakes. Perhaps chd was referring to the #1 rating the other gender has earned at Isla Vista which is not PG.
What happened between Checketts and Hecht from Foothill HS. He was projected to be the draft choice Jr/Sr Friday guy but was shipped to Sonoma State?

UCSB is having a great year. I see about half the frosh are getting some time, though not T Jew. Curious if he will end up redshirting. How many recruits actually get into a spot where they are playing? UnknownToManking, you have any insight on this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT