ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Bastani leaves Miramonte

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
He is leaving for New Hampton Prep. Lot of turnover at Miramonte this offseason

He is leaving for New Hampton Prep. Lot of turnover at Miramonte this offseason
I watch as much basketball as anyone (not named Kiddman or Kassel), but didn’t happen to catch a Miramonte game this season and haven’t heard of Blake. So I pulled up the DAL All League results, and he was nowhere to be found in the 19 players honored (POY + 6 spots each for 1st, 2nd & 3rd teams). I then pulled up MaxPreps stats and he was the Mats’ 7th leading scorer at 3.9 ppg., and he averaged 2 rebounds per game. I would have thought with a big announcement like this there might have been a little more production from him on the HS level before going the prep school route?

I watch as much basketball as anyone (not named Kiddman or Kassel), but didn’t happen to catch a Miramonte game this season and haven’t heard of Blake. So I pulled up the DAL All League results, and he was nowhere to be found in the 19 players honored (POY + 6 spots each for 1st, 2nd & 3rd teams). I then pulled up MaxPreps stats and he was the Mats’ 7th leading scorer at 3.9 ppg., and he averaged 2 rebounds per game. I would have thought with a big announcement like this there might have been a little more production from him on the HS level before going the prep school route?
God's Plan... Respect my decision [praying hands]

Did some research on him aswell. Something seems a little off with the whole situation. Kid started a lot of games as a freshman on varsity and was one of the leading scorers and shot 40% from three. Than saw he was ranked as a top 13 kid in norcal in 2026 and played on the shoe circuit (uaa). Something seems weird that he did not play his sophmore year ....

9b2s vb9b
I wouldn't necessarily consider this a big announcement. While good players have come out of these old money east coast prep schools, that level is no different than good private schools anywhere else. When they play the Sunrise's/LaLumiere's etc, they play the varsity, not national teams. If the coach feels he has a spot for him, why not take the opportunity?

9b2s vb9b

I wouldn't necessarily consider this a big announcement. While good players have come out of these old money east coast prep schools, that level is no different than good private schools anywhere else. When they play the Sunrise's/LaLumiere's etc, they play the varsity, not national teams. If the coach feels he has a spot for him, why not take the opportunity?
I searched up a couple guys on new hampton turns out they got 2 4 star recruits. Seems like a pretty big deal to me, especially cause rivals and norcal preps had blake as a top player in Norcal. Wonder why so many good players keep leaving the bay???

Over the last few years, a couple of Campo grads went to play their 5th-years at these Eastern schools. Emmanuel Callas and Shane O'Reilly.

Callas parlayed that experience into college scholarships, and O'Reilly wasn't so lucky, breaking his jaw in his first game at one of these schools, so he'll have to try another way, or move on... I can't remember the school names offhand.

Reactions: hoopfanatic394
Over the last few years, a couple of Campo grads went to play their 5th-years at these Eastern schools. Emmanuel Callas and Shane O'Reilly.

Callas parlayed that experience into college scholarships, and O'Reilly wasn't so lucky, breaking his jaw in his first game at one of these schools, so he'll have to try another way, or move on... I can't remember the school names offhand.
Damn thats super unfortunate. Was it rhe school in the same conference? The Nepsac AAA

I don't remember the school names... but Shane told me that there are two divisions, and Callas played in the lower div. and Shane played (briefly) in the upper div.

Last edited:
Okay, found O'Reilly's school... Northfield Mount Hermon in Massachusetts.

I see they played Brewster Academy last season, beating the prep team, losing to their national team.

MaxPreps shows him on the volleyball roster, too. That season is going on right now.

Last edited:
I searched up a couple guys on new hampton turns out they got 2 4 star recruits. Seems like a pretty big deal to me, especially cause rivals and norcal preps had blake as a top player in Norcal. Wonder why so many good players keep leaving the bay???
Having two 4 star players doesnt change fact is this is not the national level of img/montverde/prolific that everyone associates with prep school nowadays in regards to hoops. It is a step up in comp though. Kids/families leave for many reasons. The opportunity at an old money boarding school is a good one beyond basketball. And if the coach believes you can compete for minutes, what's the issue?

now I found E. Callas' 5th-year school. Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut, the Wild Boars.

Some interesting nicknames in this bunch of hifalutin' schools... Northfield Mount Herman is the Hoggers.

now I found E. Callas' 5th-year school. Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut, the Wild Boars.

Some interesting nicknames in this bunch of hifalutin' schools... Northfield Mount Herman is the Hoggers.
Having two 4 star players doesnt change fact is this is not the national level of img/montverde/prolific that everyone associates with prep school nowadays in regards to hoops. It is a step up in comp though. Kids/families leave for many reasons. The opportunity at an old money boarding school is a good one beyond basketball. And if the coach believes you can compete for minutes, what's the issue?
No issues at all with it, I mean searched up and watch some film, the kid can really play, definitely d1 potential at 6’5 with the way he can shoot it. Heard he shot 55% in the prestigious UAA circuit last yr and than eybl this year.

Of course parents have the power of choice and maybe he wanted to do a boarding school back East for various other reasons (Family back there, or the history of academics to Ivy League Connections, etc). But honestly, there if it is just for basketball development or networking, then there really isn't a reason to leave California with the Rise of Golden State Prep (GSP). The data and proof of kids getting scholarships to various levels is consistent and the tops in the Nation

GSP Finished #5 in the Nation last year and most likely will be the pre-season #1 ranked team in the Nation with the roster they are putting out. They also play in multiple of the same events, chasing these same schools . A lot of the new "Top Dogs" in the Post Grad game are not tradition NEPSAC Schools anymore. The tides are changing just like they have at the Prep Level. The EAST COAST Post grad spots do not have the same luster as they did a decade ago.

View: https://x.com/neprephoopspoll/status/1767007924759445795?s=46&t=OhP5NtEZYBz2T4bRk1AHpg

www.goldenstateprep.org

what is the difference of golden state prep national and black?

where do the students live if attending those schools?

are they only high school aged kids or do graduates play as well?

what is the cost for the players?

Reactions: Bayareahoopshiiii
Of course parents have the power of choice and maybe he wanted to do a boarding school back East for various other reasons (Family back there, or the history of academics to Ivy League Connections, etc). But honestly, there if it is just for basketball development or networking, then there really isn't a reason to leave California with the Rise of Golden State Prep (GSP). The data and proof of kids getting scholarships to various levels is consistent and the tops in the Nation

GSP Finished #5 in the Nation last year and most likely will be the pre-season #1 ranked team in the Nation with the roster they are putting out. They also play in multiple of the same events, chasing these same schools . A lot of the new "Top Dogs" in the Post Grad game are not tradition NEPSAC Schools anymore. The tides are changing just like they have at the Prep Level. The EAST COAST Post grad spots do not have the same luster as they did a decade ago.

View: https://x.com/neprephoopspoll/status/1767007924759445795?s=46&t=OhP5NtEZYBz2T4bRk1AHpg

www.goldenstateprep.org

Correct me if I am wrong but blake is a freshman in c/o 2027 and your guys teams are only 5th year seniors.

www.goldenstateprep.org

Maybe they gave him scholarship or have a connection to him, who knows? I agree with @Lucas84875 his film is legit wouldnt be surprised if hes playing legit d1 ball in a few years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT