ADVERTISEMENT

Boras Tourney champ game cancelled

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Just heard… ND Sherman Oaks screwed up scheduling.
Newman wins by forfeiture. What a bummer for those kids.

In better news Newman ace Mason Lerna got a D1 Ride to UCD and just committed.

Last edited:
Reactions: MC415 and THEOC89
Just heard… ND Sherman Oaks screwed up scheduling.
Newman wins by forfeiture. What a bummer for those kids.

In better news Newman ace Mason Lerna got a D1 Ride to UCD and just committed.
That’s a Bummer!…. Was really hoping to see that game happen!!…. Nice to see CN players getting D1 rides!…. I am pulling for CN to win Nor Cal this year!…. Class Program!

Reactions: larry legend33
That’s a Bummer!…. Was really hoping to see that game happen!!…. Nice to see CN players getting D1 rides!…. I am pulling for CN to win Nor Cal this year!…. Class Program!
Agree. Total bummer but newman has some tough league games to get thru now. Should be a good nbl race.

Reactions: THEOC89
This is an issue that has happened before with the Boras Tournament. One of the early years, I believe Pleasant Grove played the championship game anyway and got dinged for playing one too many games.

Just seems natural to schedule one less game and if you miss the championship game, play a late season non league game against another Boras team.

Notre dame should have forfeited the Boras South Championship game, or their last league game. 31 other California teams made room in their schedule for the Championship game. Notre Dame should get dinged for this in some way. It’s not like they cant count to 28. Jeez, talk about gaming the system. Boras Foundation should sanction them for next year.

Newman now 21-0 with sweep of Rancho Cotati. I’m not sure there is another undefeated team left in calif.? Big series vs Windsor next week who has an SLO commit throwing. This will be a tough series and I wouldn’t be surprised if they split.

Newman now 21-0 with sweep of Rancho Cotati. I’m not sure there is another undefeated team left in calif.? Big series vs Windsor next week who has an SLO commit throwing. This will be a tough series and I wouldn’t be surprised if they split.
Newman suffers first loss 5-4 in Walk off win by Windsor.
Looks like all marbles Friday against Windsor at newman. Same thing happened last year.

Newman suffers first loss 5-4 in Walk off win by Windsor.
Looks like all marbles Friday against Windsor at newman. Same thing happened last year.
To be expected, you just don’t go undefeated in Baseball, too many factors…. I still like CN to win Nor Cal, I think it come down to them and VC….

Even if Newman Loses wouldn’t they still at least share the Title with Windsor?…. They would both have 2 losses I think….

To be expected, you just don’t go undefeated in Baseball, too many factors…. I still like CN to win Nor Cal, I think it come down to them and VC….

Even if Newman Loses wouldn’t they still at least share the Title with Windsor?…. They would both have 2 losses I think….
I believe Co-champs, but Windsor would hold the head to head.

In some ways, a loss isn't the worst thing for Newman. Hard to hold onto an undefeated record as you get into one and done playoffs.
Totally agreed streak. Can’t ask for a better ending in what has been a good league .

Newman will have their hands full trying to get through NCS Div II, lots of great teams await.

Newman is punishing Windsor right now. 8-0 in 4th for NBL title.
Do they get pushed up to ncs d2 because they won d3 last year? I thought they were in ncs d3.
Playoffs are never easy but the NBL with Carrillo , Ukiah, and Windsor all being good will have them well prepared.

Newman ended up winning 9-0 and got NBL title. Rota was outstanding allowing 1 hit and striking out 10. As we talked about a loss will likely do this team well. Gotta chance to make a deep run. Congrats to all the post season teams. Enjoy the ride

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT