ADVERTISEMENT

Brice Fantazia to become new head coach at Modesto Junior College starting after next season

(Yes, he will be head coach of both teams.) Here's the official announcement from Modesto Junior College.

Wow interesting that he is coaching both teams at the same time. Will def have to rely on good assistant coaches for both teams next year.

Personally I’d have to get a good raise in order for me to leave a program like Modesto Christian for a Junior College that went 4-24 last year.

Wow interesting that he is coaching both teams at the same time. Will def have to rely on good assistant coaches for both teams next year.

Personally I’d have to get a good raise in order for me to leave a program like Modesto Christian for a Junior College that went 4-24 last year.
MC was having financial problems a few years ago i think. If he has a MA and is teaching basketball or weight training he definitely got a pay raise.
Like 95% of JC teams you must be able to get kids who live local who can live at home. Modesto is 250k residents with 6-8 public high schools right there within the metro area. then you go down or up 99 for about 40 minutes you add in 10-15 more schools. go east or west and add another 15. he also has the long arm of recruiting out of the country from his MC days. he only has to recruit versus Delta, Columbia, and Merced.
7 local guys, 3 out of state recruits, 3 D1 D2 fall backs and there is a sleeping giant.

MC was having financial problems a few years ago i think. If he has a MA and is teaching basketball or weight training he definitely got a pay raise.
Like 95% of JC teams you must be able to get kids who live local who can live at home. Modesto is 250k residents with 6-8 public high schools right there within the metro area. then you go down or up 99 for about 40 minutes you add in 10-15 more schools. go east or west and add another 15. he also has the long arm of recruiting out of the country from his MC days. he only has to recruit versus Delta, Columbia, and Merced.
7 local guys, 3 out of state recruits, 3 D1 D2 fall backs and there is a sleeping giant.
MC is a unique story. If you know you know, others can speculate. MC will show why this decision is the right move for all parties. Brice is a great dude!! Likes building men and has the resume to turn MJC into a power. MC will always have Gary Porter, Richard Midgely, Brice Fantazia. This Program will continue to be successful as we are MC Strong!!

There was a coach at Horizon Christian in San Diego a few years back who coached, at the Local Community College and at Horizon for a few years. Only remember because Horizon was in the ModChr Tny for a few years, and they were making noise in the CA State Tny for a number of years.

I am sure Fantazia can make this happen for a year.....and be successfull.
MC's new hire is going to closely watched in the Modesto Christian Community.

Reactions: M.C. fan
This is a step up not a step down ... When it comes to the CHALLENGE Brice faces to recover this sunken ship of a program. He will and he will then be offered a d1 head coaching position. WATCH! This guy is legit and not a fake or man of a maintaining.. Total producer!
He deserves the best. Great dude! Loves God his Family and invests in providing leadership to young men! Brice is a Winner!!!

Reactions: nobody209
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT