ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny in the Portal

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Bronny just entered the portal. All is well in the world now. Seriously, if a kid can go from D2 to D1 as we have seen in this tourney there is no reason why Bronny can't end up a good NAIA or D2 kid. Put him in the right system and I think he does well at that level.

Bronny just entered the portal. All is well in the world now. Seriously, if a kid can go from D2 to D1 as we have seen in this tourney there is no reason why Bronny can't end up a good NAIA or D2 kid. Put him in the right system and I think he does well at that level.
He is a good winning player. He had rough year with the heart issue and then USC was a total train wreck. He’s not going to be a huge scorer but he’s a solid defender and a very good spot up shooter. He just needs to find the right fit.

He is a good winning player. He had rough year with the heart issue and then USC was a total train wreck. He’s not going to be a huge scorer but he’s a solid defender and a very good spot up shooter. He just needs to find the right fit.
Meh.... He's the narrative we've been fed. Not sure what he's really won either. league champ with absolutely loaded teams?

He looked lost all year long and while he's a big time D1 athlete I would strongly argue he's not a big time d1 basketball player. 2 very different things. Not saying he's a bad kid or anything. Just don't see him as much a baller at the high level.

I think Bronny would benefit from from DJ Uiagalelei did on the football side. Really hyped, didn't work out at Clemson, went to a school with less spotlight at Oregon State. Showed his skill set there and is now at Florida State.

Not sure what Bronny and the family want to do, but going to a place where he can develop his niche away from the spotlight could be the best course for his long term future

Just saw on the ESPN crawl that Bronny has declared for the NBA Draft, but will maintain his college eligibility.

Just saw on the ESPN crawl that Bronny has declared for the NBA Draft, but will maintain his college eligibility.
Yeah... Pops isn't getting any younger and if they plan to team up and take the NBA by storm I guess now is the time.

My guess is LeBron will attending a lot of South Bay Lakers games next season.

My guess is LeBron will attending a lot of South Bay Lakers games next season.
Think about this. ~50% of 2023 1st round picks have spent time in the G Leauge. These are real pro's. The NBA is so hard to crack. You have to be special and have some unique skillsets. Bronny doesn't do anything great. I guess he could be a solid defender but he isn't particular long and 6"3 200 lbs athletic players are a dime/dozen.

I wasn't taking a shot at the kid, LL... Nor at the G League.

I was just saying that it looks like he'd get some summer-league action, then head to the G-League (maybe a 2-way if he exceeds expectations, or Dad pulls strings) this season, try to get better and maybe eventually find his way into the NBA in the future.

And if he does manage a 2-way deal, maybe he and Dad would be on the court together for a bit before Dad hangs 'em up.

Even if he doesn't get drafted, he can go back to college anyway. So maybe he goes to the combine, finds out whether he can hang or not, then goes from there.

Knicks have picks 21 and 22.

Would be very interesting if the Knicks used one of those picks on Bronny and then Lebron followed to play with Brunson, Randle and Hart for a year or two.

Why is he in NBA conversation? If he were any other kid who went to USC barely played and entered portal would we be considering him a NBA prospect?? Not fair - he has not EARNED a shot and not fair to the hundred of kids better than him who won’t get a shot

Why is he in NBA conversation? If he were any other kid who went to USC barely played and entered portal would we be considering him a NBA prospect?? Not fair - he has not EARNED a shot and not fair to the hundred of kids better than him who won’t get a shot

Guess what? Life isn’t fair sometimes. It’s one of the things coaches need to teach kids more. That Rocky Speech to his son sums it up pretty well.

Now this draft is extremely weak. I’d be as confident drafting a guy at 10-15 as I would 1-5. Teams trade 1st round picks all the time. Why not give up a 1st round pick to draft Bronny and then you probably get 2 years of Lebron with that?

A team like the Knicks, who seem to be a healthy Julius Randle, and one star away from being a Championship contender.

Trust me it’s worth it, especially if you have two picks like the Knicks

Guess what? Life isn’t fair sometimes. It’s one of the things coaches need to teach kids more. That Rocky Speech to his son sums it up pretty well.

Now this draft is extremely weak. I’d be as confident drafting a guy at 10-15 as I would 1-5. Teams trade 1st round picks all the time. Why not give up a 1st round pick to draft Bronny and then you probably get 2 years of Lebron with that?

A team like the Knicks, who seem to be a healthy Julius Randle, and one star away from being a Championship contender.

Yea thanks for life lesson but bottom line is he ain’t that good to be in NBA and your a fool if you give up a 1st rounder for him.. 2 years of end of career Lebron— not worth it

Yea thanks for life lesson but bottom line is he ain’t that good to be in NBA and your a fool if you give up a 1st rounder for him.. 2 years of end of career Lebron— not worth it

Agree with you 100%. Just dumb and marginalizes the NBA. Go get another career. We need more Tik Tok videos.

I don’t care if Lebron was 35, the league isn’t a charity story. Look at big college names we never see get drafted. It is 100 percent a business. If it was all about drawing a crowd, Mac McClung would be in the league and not the G league MVP. He is by far a better player than Bronny. He puts on an aerial show. But fact is he hasn’t don’t enough like a Jeremy Lin and Jeremy Lin would wipe Bronny up and down the floor. And Mac as well.

I don’t care if Lebron was 35, the league isn’t a charity story. Look at big college names we never see get drafted. It is 100 percent a business. If it was all about drawing a crowd, Mac McClung would be in the league and not the G league MVP. He is by far a better player than Bronny. He puts on an aerial show. But fact is he hasn’t don’t enough like a Jeremy Lin and Jeremy Lin would wipe Bronny up and down the floor. And Mac as well.
mac is 6'2 and does not have the ability to guard, doesnt have point guard handles, or range on his shot. all that dunking he does will not happen in the nba. he wont beat nba players off the dribble like he does g league players. he has been on 3 nba rosters so he has been given the chance.

mac is 6'2 and does not have the ability to guard, doesnt have point guard handles, or range on his shot. all that dunking he does will not happen in the nba. he wont beat nba players off the dribble like he does g league players. he has been on 3 nba rosters so he has been given the chance.
Bronny is 6"2 1/2 and doesn't do anything even remotely as good as Mac. That is just a fact. (I"m not a Mac bandwagoner either). And we are going to be singing the same tune with Bryce because he isnt any better.

Bronny is 6"2 1/2 and doesn't do anything even remotely as good as Mac. That is just a fact. (I"m not a Mac bandwagoner either). And we are going to be singing the same tune with Bryce because he isnt any better.
i wasnt saying bronny is better. i was answering to the guy why mac is not in the nba. bryce is about to turn 17 and is 6'5 180.. so he will get up a few more inches more than likely. which will help his chances of getting the nba.

But his former HS teammate is taking over, right?
Never said anything you just said. He was the g league MVP, that’s it. My point of bringing him up is if the NBA was a charity league he would be in a roster for 82 games.

Never said anything you just said. He was the g league MVP, that’s it. My point of bringing him up is if the NBA was a charity league he would be in a roster for 82 games.
i never said you said anything. i gave you the reason why he isnt in the league

If the Greek Freak can have his brothers..then there should be no issues with the King's son getting a jersey

Reactions: Streak One
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT