ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark vs Juju who do you Draft and Why

Juju is the LeBron of women’s basketball. She’s just fairly unknown and unseen. A year or two from now they’ll be no comparison. Clark is going to struggle playing defense and is going to struggle with WNBA defenders. She already struggles when good defenders lock in on her. Clark will be just like Sabrina or Kelsey, she’ll struggle for a few years and then become a good role player and shooter that’s a defensive liability. Juju will become the best WNBA player, barring injury.

I agree about Juju, who I have said for literally years will be a megastar.

I think that categorizing Sabrina and Kelsey as role players is a little too harsh. Both are top-shelf players in the league, important starters on good (or in Plum's case, exceptional) teams. That said, I think Clark will indeed be like them -- big-time scorers who lack the athleticism to defend at the highest level and thus will always be a little short of truly elite.

Juju is the LeBron of women’s basketball. She’s just fairly unknown and unseen. A year or two from now they’ll be no comparison. Clark is going to struggle playing defense and is going to struggle with WNBA defenders. She already struggles when good defenders lock in on her. Clark will be just like Sabrina or Kelsey, she’ll struggle for a few years and then become a good role player and shooter that’s a defensive liability. Juju will become the best WNBA player, barring injury.
wait wait... i will not have any kelsey plum slander!!!! she is fire!!!!!! a baddie and can hoop.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
offseason Caitlin tried out for Team USA. Possession to possession, shot to shot, she played free and bold. Head coach Cori Close, whose day job was coaching the UCLA Bruins, saw the confidence immediately. "Women have been socialized to not want to take all the shine," she said. "She is an elite competitor who isn't scared to step into the moment."

Just what do you consider struggling for a few years? Sebrina was injured her first year and Kelsey became a target due to the publicity she recieved. I was not that much of a fan of Kelseys due to a friends constant praise of her thoughout high school and then college. Her very difficult first season provided me with " I told you so ammunition". However during the off season I began to watch her games and it became obvious that WNBA players took it on themselves to make her look bad. She was constantly focused on by the defense way beyond what her production deserved. The doubled her like was usually reserved for the major stars of the leagues. They did this through out the season even when her production was really bad.

I suspect they might do the same for Clark.

I suppose that becoming a good role player just depends on your definition. I mean just how many of the players are not considered role players? I mean usually role players do not make the National teams or All Star Game teams.

Since Ionescu and Plum will likely play on the Olympic team, "role players" is clearly not correct.
Sabrina's status is superstar, her brand is superstar but she is in between a superstar and a role player. Or do you see her as a superstar in her abilities and impact on the team?

Sabrina's lack of athleticism limits her, but her skill level and basketball IQ make her one of the 13 or 14 best players in the United States and probably in the top 25 in the world. Now you could argue that being on the US Olympic team is not really saying you're one of the best 12 in the country, but I would likely disagree. But go with that ...

Sabrina would still be one of the best 25 in the country and one of the best 50 or so in the world.

Is top 25 in the world a superstar? Top 50? Depends on your definition ...

Are you saying Bueckers will also be a role
Player in the WNBA? Seems we have four
Kids labeled as role players.?

1-Juju…2-Bueckers….3-Clark

Juju is so smooth and calm plus big enough to take the contact. Whoever compared her to Lebron is spot on….Paige feels like she has similar mental make-up in a thin package and she can get any type of bucket. Bueckers might play the best D. Clark, Brink and Reese and the constant theatrics…I can do without.

Loved watching the great shooting in the Cuse v UConn game. That Iowa St gal pretty solid as well. Sweet sixteen will be fun. Bottom line at the next level they will all need to get stronger to deal with the women in the league.

Reactions: ClayK
Back to original question. Answer: JuJu. Bigger. Faster, Tougher. More physical. WNBA is a league of mature women. No prisoners are taken. It's JuJu.

I'd probably take Clark over Bueckers. But both are really good.

no more talk about lebron complaining.. this clark gal acts like she got shot 45 times everytime she is touched. and every time she fouls she flails her arms.

I miss playing. But then 60 years of basketball is why I'm getting my knee replaced next week. Hopefully I'll only have to do one.

The Lebron of womens basketball don’t let the door hit you on the way out…

Let’s talk about you complaining at
24. Will you be there tomorrow or are going on a Easter egg hunt
i seen some high school players working with a trainer this morning at bayfair 24 hour.. i didnt recognize the girls but i did see jalen from dublin high. was that you training them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT