ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Could Land Package Deal of Rabb, Swanigan

mcserveradmin

Rookie
Jan 6, 2014
Cal Could Land Package Deal of Rabb, Swanigan
From the article:

"Cal could land a package deal of big men Ivan Rabb and Caleb Swanigan by the end of the weekend.

All signs pointing to Caleb Swanigan and Ivan Rabb heading to Cal, sources told ESPN. Right now, that's where they are heading to play. - Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) April 10, 2015
Both players could announce this weekend at the Nike Hoop Summit, with Swanigan having said he will announce Saturday. The game is set for 3 p.m. ET on ESPN2."

Looks like its not happening. Swanigan just committed to Michigan State today.

Also I dont know if this will work with Tyrone Wallace, Jordan Mathews, Jabari Bird, Davon Dillard and if Jaylen Brown and Ivan Rabb commits. Thats alot of shooting guards/small forwards that need the ball. Rabb will likely command the ball in the post. Theres only one basketball.

This post was edited on 4/10 5:34 PM by iamgearyblvd

There's only one basketball? Come on Cal is a 2nd tier Pac 12 school, when you have the opportunity to get on the national spotlight, you do it......you attack the challenge of coaching, managing. Why are you afraid? Is this Mike Montgomery, the guy recruited 4 year guys and removed Cal from the national spotlight, this helps your recruiting going forward. This is 2 lottery picks in 2016, Martin was hired to do what, couple Pac 12 tourney games and pack it in for the season? No his job is to recruit the best talent he can and make it work. Otherwise, he'll be on the chopping block in 2 seasons.

Swanigan is not a NBA lottery pick LMAO that was pretty funny tho

Raider- Bingo. You ever meet Montgomery? Not a real ball of fire. Zippo on the way of personality. I'm glad they made the change to Martin. I'm hoping he gets it done but my bet is on Coach Miller down in Tucson.

I'm a local homer & I think Cal with Wallace, Bird & Matthews may have more than AZ. Nxt yr granted Stanley & tarzweski (sp) enter the draft. AZ. Does not look good on paper. Rabb would make Cal a NCAA tourney team..imo..I see Jaylen Brown to Kentucky with all those minutes that opened up.

See Swanagan many times this fall. That guy is a space mover. He will no doubt dominate the college level like he did in high school. He also knows how to play basketball. High IQ. He is the read deal.

Originally posted by 1%Club:
See Swanagan many times this fall. That guy is a space mover. He will no doubt dominate the college level like he did in high school. He also knows how to play basketball. High IQ. He is the read deal.
He will be a solid college player, but not a NBA lottery pick.......6'8 centers who play under the rim don't have a great track record in the NBA

Swanigan is a 3 year player, he could be a first round pick, 20's or so after his junior season. The lottery picks are Jaylen Brown and Rabb, if Martin was able to pull in the original 3 big names.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT