ADVERTISEMENT

Cal lands early commitment

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Cal has gained a commitment from Jesuit 2017 MIF Darren Baker. Son of former MLB manager Dusty Baker.

Baker not listed on varsity roster...God knows they could have used him and should have told the coach about him.

Your coach knows him. He has a policy that guys rarely move up- even if they should. Loeb did last year but a couple others should have. There were a few JV that could have helped as well this year. There's a young man going there next year that will be 84-86 with command that won't sniff varsity. He probably will be JV next year. That said, they should be stacked next year with pitching and should walk through sectionals. We will see what happens.

Not "my" coach. Now that they don't post stats on MaxPreps I have very limited interest. I go to HS games that I have interest in and there is no interest generated (for me) in SacTown's limited media coverage. If it were football or basketball I'd have plenty of knowledge from the Bee. They wouldn't even cover SacTown's latest MMA World Champion's quest for a belt in Vegas. Imagine that!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT