ADVERTISEMENT

Campolindo Hoops DII?

Yeah that is correct. LL and Newman both played them tough and are solid d2 schools as were Windsor, Monty, Redwood Alameda. Campo was blessed for about the last decade with some great players. I like them in d2 although they will compete well in d1 also.

NCS placed them in D2, I see them D2 for State playoffs. I see them as #1 seed in NorCal, as Branson will be D1.

Enrollment is 1400, so D2 is where NCS has 'em, if that's what you're asking...

If you're asking where the team should be spotted in the NorCals with the competitive equity, they are 11th ranked in NorCal by Maxpreps which wiould put them in D1.

Your question needs to be clearer. :)

If you're asking where the team should be spotted in the NorCals with the competitive equity, they are 11th ranked in NorCal by Maxpreps which wiould put them in D1.

Not sure you can use MaxPreps solely as an authoritative source. I see teams ranked ahead of teams that they recently lost too. Algorithm seems to need adjustments.

Reactions: M.C. fan
well, yeah, MaxPreps isn't perfect, for sure, but that's the one criteria I can get to, and I'm pretty sure the CIF at least pays attention to it...

Scorebooklive's rankings are badly out-of-date, way worse than MaxPreps...

In any case, this year's playoffs selections at the Open level and the top two divisions are closer than I've ever seen them; Good luck to the selection commitee!

Reactions: M.C. fan

I asked to get clarification!
Enrollment didn’t matter when they were very good. So they’re just good now, go to DII. Seems like the CIF is protecting ole Campo.

Well, I'm still not totally sure what the question was for, then...

Anyway, my guess (and it's REALLY a guess, anything could happen) is that Campo will likely be a low-to-middle seed in D1 when the brackets come out.

Reactions: observer22
I asked to get clarification!
Enrollment didn’t matter when they were very good. So they’re just good now, go to DII. Seems like the CIF is protecting ole Campo.
Coach, you must not be familiar with how NCS and CIF determine seeding. Campo is a DIII school by enrollment. Due to their recent success, competitive equity has moved them up to DII. A year ago, NCS moved them up to the Open Division as they do for any teams situated in DI thru DIII that are among the top 6 in the section. NCS Open teams are automatically placed into the NorCal tournament.
Once the 88 NorCal eligible teams are determined, the CIF then seeds them 1 thru 88. The top 8 play in the Open divisions and then the next 16 teams are place in DI; the next 16 teams are placed in DII, and so on.
In winning NCS DII, Campo will likely be seeded somewhere between the 12th to 20th seeded teams of the 88, putting them squarely in DI for the NorCal tournament.

Last year, the #1 seed in both NorCal and SoCal Open got byes because they went with 7 teams for each bracket. So eight in the Open is not a lock.

Otherwise, a very clear and concise explanation of the seedings by mirei!

Brackets are up (see the other thread I posted).

Campo is in D1, the 13 seed, will travel to Riordan for the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT