ADVERTISEMENT

Chance McMillian COMMITS to GSP

GoldenStatePrep

Board Regular
Feb 8, 2018
Napa, Ca
www.prolificprep.org
ChanceFinal.jpg

We are super excited to announce that Chance McMillan has committed to Golden State Prep (GSP) for the 2019-2020 Season. Since the program will have a strong draw from local NorCal talent, Chance is a huge commit.

Chance has recently been a fast riser during this AAU season and arguably may be the top Post Grad Prospect on the West Coast. One year of development around other top Prolific Prep Guards (Jalen Green, Nimari Burnett, his teammates, etc), and Chance will continue to grow as a high major player.

GSP is only on year 2 and should have a strong roster of D1 prospects from around the world. The program will be playing in top events all over the Country this year, including events in Orlando, New Hampshire, Kansas, Arizona, Las Vegas, etc. The GSP program will have two teams this coming 2019-2020 season and is on progress of finalizing both rosters.

For more information, contact GoldenStatePrepBball@gmail.com

More NorCal kids commitments coming soon........

Most recent names of commitments are below. GSP will have some very good teams in 2019-2020.

Michael Ofoegbue Jr : (SoCal) - 6-7" High flying wing that has that has offers from UMASS Lowell and Pepperdine. Interest as reclass 2020 from New Mexico, Nebraska, UC Riverside, Pepperdine, UC Davis, Yale, and Grand Canyon.

Uziel Muteba: (Washington DC) - 6-4" High Major shooter with Interest as reclass 2020 from Purdue, Ohio State, South Florida, Rice, DePaul, West Virginia, Penn State, and Tulane.

Daniel Foster (Australia) - 6-6" High High IQ Guard with offers from UC Riverside and Eastern Washington. With Interest as reclass 2020 from UCSB, UC Davis, UTSA, Incarnate Word and Idaho

Jaan Erik Lepp: (Estonia) - 6-4" Mid Major Guard from Estonia National Team. He is a 4.0 Student with 1340 SAT score.

Anton Jansson: (Sweden) - 6-11" Mid/High Major Big from Sweden National Team. He will be one of the most desired bigs on the West Coast.

DJ Panfili: (Nevada) - 5-10" Low to Mid Major Guard from with offer from Kent State (With new staff it was rescinded from 2019). As 2020, has major interest from SAC State and will have a lot more soon.

Jordan Schwalger: (Australia) - 6-11" Mid Major Big man from Australia. Been visiting Prolific Prep for last 2 months. Had passive offer from Washington State his first day in the USA (Former staff before firing). Going to be part of GSP for 2019-2020 season. Jordan has a form of Autism and will be the second player ever with Autism to sign a D1 Scholarship potentially.

Jagshaanbir Singh (India) - 7-0" Mid Major Big man from India. "Big Jag" is part of NBA Academy in India and represents the India National Team.

Last edited:
Michael Ofoegbue Jr - I think he has the potential to be better than Josh Jackson, and that's saying a lot. Went toe-to-toe with Josh Christopher, who is considered a lottery pick in the 2021 draft. Upside is lottery pick in the 2021 draft.

Uziel Muteba - will end up at Gonzaga. My guess is once Anton Watson leaves for the NBA, he'll be able to slot in nicely there.

DJ Panfili - reminds me a little bit of Matthew Dellavadova. If he were 2-3 inches taller, he probably would be playing D1 ball right now.

Malcolm Steadman - had a heck of a senior year. In the CIF Finals he had 8 pts 9 rebounds and a very solid day defensively. If he develops a 3 point shot, he should become a more well-rounded player.

TurtleLoveCA please stop with your jealousy and bashing constantly of Prolific Prep or Golden State Prep now. You come on here and talk about how Prolific Prep kids are not NORCAL so people should not talk about them. Maybe you should quit trying to post about someone when they are down. Josh made a mistake, just like everyone else does in life. Hopefully, he will learn from it and become a better person.

Onto better news, 20 minutes ago, Golden State Prep (GSP) guard Hunter Woods just fulfilled a life-long dream of achieving a full-ride scholarship to D1. He committed today to Mike Schrage (Former Stanford Assistant coach) at Elon University. Congratulations to Hunter Woods and another GSP athlete achieving a full-ride scholarship. Hunter is from Pasadena (not NorCal) but super proud of his hard work and dedication in going after his dreams.

Reactions: frencheezy
You must have a guilty conscience. A link to a NEWS ARTICLE on ESPN brings such rage. Commit a crime and you might do time. Get a grip bro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barking Dog
Is this entity called "Golden State Prep" an actual high school playing a normal NorCal secondary school schedule? Or is it something much different? Is it really a quasi-junior college? Please, someone explain.

Reactions: coachlittle
Is this entity called "Golden State Prep" an actual high school playing a normal NorCal secondary school schedule? Or is it something much different? Is it really a quasi-junior college? Please, someone explain.

Im just asking because "Prolific Prep" (whoever did the marketing research on that name aught to be slapped-just saying), to me seems like a sham. And renaming it Golden State Prep is just as idiotic and sounds even more shady. Im just giving perception. Glad to hear that they have gotten kids signed at the next level but it seems shady/low class...

Reactions: Barking Dog
They are a post-secondary program. Typically, players that choose to go to a fifth year school either did not have good grades OR did not get a collegiate offer and are trying to be seen by college recruiters.

Is it also a reputable academic institution and not a diploma mill of some sort?

wait, it's also a reputable academic institution? I just looked on the PP website and they take classes at Napa Christian? So Prolific Prep is just a club team, not a true prep school? The more and more I learn about this program the more and more I cringe. But if they're doing things "legit" and kids get a better shot at playing, more power to them.

PROLIFIC PREP
Prolific Prep, an elite basketball program for high school athletes, has enrolled their entire team as full time students at Napa Christian. Students involved in the Prolific Prep program are recruited from schools around the country and world.

These students travel the country competing on the highest stage for high school athletics.

We are very proud of these students, and encourage our community to support them at any home games they can. Their schedule can be found on their website www.prolificprep.org.

see what I mean??? colhenry is that what you were referring to a reputable academic institution?

Yes. It does appear that this outfit, whatever its name is, exists in some sort of odd academic backwater where the classroom seems to be something of an afterthought.

Reactions: Renard Monroe

yeah i would like an explanation as well . i read the website it didn't really explain much . max preps says they are in Oakland ... website says Napa . ...

why all these men on here so jealous of a kid trying to fulfill their dream of playing college basketball? you spends thousands of dollars on aau teams with a falsehood that it will get you a scholarship. so why not spend a 5th year to focus on your game?

I don't care one way or the other. My initial question (which never got answered) was how was Golden State Prep Different from Prolific Prep AND were they different? When I did some research, I noticed some sketchy things going on AND the PP/GSP never answered it. so one can only assume when they don't hear it from the horses mouth.

Again, if it's helping kids GREAT. But if shady things are going on while this is happening.....then....

I don't care one way or the other. My initial question (which never got answered) was how was Golden State Prep Different from Prolific Prep AND were they different? When I did some research, I noticed some sketchy things going on AND the PP/GSP never answered it. so one can only assume when they don't hear it from the horses mouth.

Again, if it's helping kids GREAT. But if shady things are going on while this is happening.....then....
if there was anything shady going on the kids would not be eligible to play college basketball. you called it shady or low class... what exactly is it about them that you got that opinion? These schools are all over the country.

if there was anything shady going on the kids would not be eligible to play college basketball. you called it shady or low class... what exactly is it about them that you got that opinion? These schools are all over the country.
Some Prep School are actually Prep Schools and not true sports factories. I have sent a few kids to prep schools that actually have classes 6 days a week...just recently sent a kid to Canterbury in Connecticut. He is thriving on and off the court now but he is in class 6 days a week, wearing a jacket and tie daily. So there are different types of Prep Schools...
Helping the Youth live out their dreams is what it's all about . I do cringe a bit about the kids attending some prep schools with no academic focus or structure. The ball will stop bouncing one day...

I have no problem with post-secondary institutions. If it makes someone better prepared for college academics and athletics, okay. But, GSP is not such an institution. They are a basketball team of young men that have used all their high school eligibility. The school they attend, if any, has nothing to do with GSP.

Reactions: Renard Monroe

Prep to to me, is a kid going too school all day, then working out with his team. PP kids go to a WHOLE different School...they're not a PREPARATORY School but the name makes it seem like it. Golden State Prep kids will "...take under 12 units of Junior College Courses. If they take 12 units or above they are considered "Freshman" by NCAA and would lose a year of playing eligibility." Again, they're not a Preparatory school, just a magnified POST high school AAU program.

And don't be coy....just because kids are eligible now, doesn't' mean that after all the dust settles and the NCAA clears them, that they in fact will be eligible. I hope for the kids/families sake they are because I was once told (back in the dark ages) that once you enroll in JC or ANY college class (after your 4 years of HS are up) then your clock starts.

Reactions: TurtleLoveCA
Prep to to me, is a kid going too school all day, then working out with his team. PP kids go to a WHOLE different School...they're not a PREPARATORY School but the name makes it seem like it. Golden State Prep kids will "...take under 12 units of Junior College Courses. If they take 12 units or above they are considered "Freshman" by NCAA and would lose a year of playing eligibility." Again, they're not a Preparatory school, just a magnified POST high school AAU program.

And don't be coy....just because kids are eligible now, doesn't' mean that after all the dust settles and the NCAA clears them, that they in fact will be eligible. I hope for the kids/families sake they are because I was once told (back in the dark ages) that once you enroll in JC or ANY college class (after your 4 years of HS are up) then your clock starts.
i think the focus is actually better at GSP. All of these kids would end up at Diablo Valley, Solona College or Delta College and last one year. At least at GSP they get a mix of both and get to improve.

Nobody is avoiding anything. We are not on here daily. And I still do not know your questions.

Basic Facts

Prolific Kids attend a H48 NCAA Compliant School of Napa Christian. Which has been around since 1947. No, Prolific Prep doesn't have its own admin, principal and classroom just for our guys. Those rumors I thought we were past years ago.

https://napa22.adventistschoolconnect.org/about/about-napa-christian

Golden State Prep is a GAP YEAR program. It is not an educational institution, nor does it claim to be. It is very similar to the Club Basketball programs in Europe. You spend a Gap year to improve your IQ, body, maturity, and skill level. We travel all over the USA now (much improved from last year) and play against the best competition in the USA. And yes the kids take under 12 units so they are not considered freshman. We just sent a few kids D1 from this program, so please do not make up rumors about their freshman eligibility.

This years Schedule is almost completed.

Orlando JUCO/National Prep Jamboree: (250 college coaches in attendance last year). The best National JUCOs and the Best Prep schools in attendance. Last year we played 4 teams ranked in the top 75 in the Country.

Manatee Freeman Invitational (Florida): We play the likes Montverde, IMG, TLAPS, Huntington Prep, Aspire, etc.

New England Prep School Invitational (Rhode Island): Brewster, Putnam Science, Hargrave Academy, International Club teams, etc. All the post grad teams from East Coast that people are talking about above. We will have some very tough games there and heavily attended by coaches.

Tarkanian Classic (Las Vegas): Event speaks for itself. Event is loaded with the top teams in the nation.

Desert Heat Classic (Arizona): Commits from top prep teams in Oklahoma, Florida, and local West Coast Prep teams. Event at PHHAcility in Arizona. Will be a very fun and loaded event.

Crush in the Valley (NorCal): Maybe the best event now in California. Loaded every year with talent.

Sunrise Christian Classic (Kansas): Sunrise Christian has one of the top post grad teams every year vying for National Championship.

ESPN National Prep Showcase (Massachusetts): Only if we get invited. To be determined by Roster submission this summer by Adam Finklestein

*Of course the GSP teams play Pro teams from China, and college teams that come from Canada and Europe to Napa to play us every year.

Hopefully, this provides enough information for this board to draw its own conclusions. These are just facts and people can make up their own mind which option is better for a player. Go play California JUCO and start your clock, or play at a National State, training with other top players in the USA and see how far you can take your talents. Everyone has a different path and motivations. That is not for any of us to decide. The platform has been created and the landscape of basketball is changing every year. Stay Tuned.

i think the focus is actually better at GSP. All of these kids would end up at Diablo Valley, Solona College or Delta College and last one year. At least at GSP they get a mix of both and get to improve.

My kid would NOT end up at one of the schools at all! He would end up at a different Juco and certainly finish. He is already an academic qualifier, so he would not need to complete an A.A. or A.S. degree in order to accept a D1 or D2 scholarship which is required if transferring from a Juco when you are NOT an academic qualifier coming out of high school. I have coached every level from middle school boys and girls, up to Men's and Women's at the Juco level. My son is committed to GSP for next year. I am an Educator/Coach, with the emphasis on EDUCATOR in the same way I develop Student-Athletes with the emphasis on STUDENT! My son is attending GSP, because by age he should be entering his senior season. For all reasons other than basketball he was ready to start kindergarten, so he did. He did not need any additional social-emotional, behavioral, or academic support at the end of 8th grade, so we did not reclassify him then. There was no way we were going to keep him from graduating with his class, to improve his "basketball stock".

GSP is perfect for anyone who fits this profile, and almost ALL of the local student-athletes who have committed do. I appreciate all the horror stories of student-athletes and their families being taken advantage of by basketball pimps on many levels from AAU programs and so called "prep schools" but believe me, this is not that. I know almost all of the local players who have or will soon commit to GSP. None of them match the description of "one year flameouts at the local Juco of choice. That was very disrespectful, and shows you don't know ANYTHING about the student-athletes you are saying that about OR, most importantly THEIR PARENTS!!! I know many of them and have for years!!! Most are concerned with academics first and foremost beyond basketball!

When we agreed to do the gap year at GSP, I mentioned that I was going to make my son take less than twelve units so he wouldn't be a full time student, because being away from classes for a full year was not an option for me. I was told that they planned on doing the same for the guys this season, because it did not turn out well when they did not encourage taking some classes during the year.

These are the FACTS about my experience with my child and also the FACTS about what I know of the other local families as well. I can't speak at all about the student-athletes and their families who are joining GSP from outside the area, but I can say that they all seem like high character folks. I am purposely not attaching my name on this post right now, but those who are truly knowledgeable about the local hoop scene, can figure out who I am based on the thread from GSP about the local players who have committed. I hope my perspective is helpful in clearing up what I feel are unfair comments based on what the mission of GSP is. Now I do not know much at all about the perspective of the undergraduate Prolific Prep program, or I would speak on that as well.

At what point is being a regular student a better option than chasing the dream of playing college ball?

Most kids are really chasing the dream of playing professionally and in return they receive compromised educations and far to often no degree.

^^^great question!!

And if a kid wants to continue playing competitive basketball after HS, what about college club basketball? Anyone have knowledge or experience with that?

it's not a good question. NoStance just wrote a thoughtful response about why his son is at GSP. Unless you like unsolicited advice about decisions you make with your kids, you should mind your own business.

Reactions: nostancenochance
it's not a good question. NoStance just wrote a thoughtful response about why his son is at GSP. Unless you like unsolicited advice about decisions you make with your kids, you should mind your own business.

LOL. Wow...calm down! No one is trying to give advice about anyone's kid.
The "good question" statement was meant to be a general question/poll. At what what should parents/kids choose education instead of chasing a basketball dream. Not frowning on anyone trying to chase their dreams. I helped my son chase his basketball dreams for last 3 years....camps, emails, AAU teams, constant communication with college coaches, building a network, etc. We stopped because as a family and him as an individual decided that focusing on his education in engineering would lead to a high probability of financial independence in the future than continuing to chase his original goal of playing college and/or professional ball.

My son still loves the game, so he plans to play club basketball in college. I have no knowledge of how that works so was curious if anyone on the board has feedback.

My kid would NOT end up at one of the schools at all! He would end up at a different Juco and certainly finish. He is already an academic qualifier, so he would not need to complete an A.A. or A.S. degree in order to accept a D1 or D2 scholarship which is required if transferring from a Juco when you are NOT an academic qualifier coming out of high school. I have coached every level from middle school boys and girls, up to Men's and Women's at the Juco level. My son is committed to GSP for next year. I am an Educator/Coach, with the emphasis on EDUCATOR in the same way I develop Student-Athletes with the emphasis on STUDENT! My son is attending GSP, because by age he should be entering his senior season. For all reasons other than basketball he was ready to start kindergarten, so he did. He did not need any additional social-emotional, behavioral, or academic support at the end of 8th grade, so we did not reclassify him then. There was no way we were going to keep him from graduating with his class, to improve his "basketball stock".

GSP is perfect for anyone who fits this profile, and almost ALL of the local student-athletes who have committed do. I appreciate all the horror stories of student-athletes and their families being taken advantage of by basketball pimps on many levels from AAU programs and so called "prep schools" but believe me, this is not that. I know almost all of the local players who have or will soon commit to GSP. None of them match the description of "one year flameouts at the local Juco of choice. That was very disrespectful, and shows you don't know ANYTHING about the student-athletes you are saying that about OR, most importantly THEIR PARENTS!!! I know many of them and have for years!!! Most are concerned with academics first and foremost beyond basketball!

When we agreed to do the gap year at GSP, I mentioned that I was going to make my son take less than twelve units so he wouldn't be a full time student, because being away from classes for a full year was not an option for me. I was told that they planned on doing the same for the guys this season, because it did not turn out well when they did not encourage taking some classes during the year.

These are the FACTS about my experience with my child and also the FACTS about what I know of the other local families as well. I can't speak at all about the student-athletes and their families who are joining GSP from outside the area, but I can say that they all seem like high character folks. I am purposely not attaching my name on this post right now, but those who are truly knowledgeable about the local hoop scene, can figure out who I am based on the thread from GSP about the local players who have committed. I hope my perspective is helpful in clearing up what I feel are unfair comments based on what the mission of GSP is. Now I do not know much at all about the perspective of the undergraduate Prolific Prep program, or I would speak on that as well.
i was not saying your kid as i was answering ole boy question in general. i agreed that gsp is perfect for student athletes who feel they are not quite ready as you can see above. however your explanation will help with the others who do not quite get it. i get it. been got it.

Reactions: nostancenochance
Nobody is avoiding anything. We are not on here daily. And I still do not know your questions.

Basic Facts

Prolific Kids attend a H48 NCAA Compliant School of Napa Christian. Which has been around since 1947. No, Prolific Prep doesn't have its own admin, principal and classroom just for our guys. Those rumors I thought we were past years ago.

Golden State Prep is a GAP YEAR program. It is not an educational institution, nor does it claim to be. It is very similar to the Club Basketball programs in Europe. You spend a Gap year to improve your IQ, body, maturity, and skill level. We travel all over the USA now (much improved from last year) and play against the best competition in the USA. And yes the kids take under 12 units so they are not considered freshman. We just sent a few kids D1 from this program, so please do not make up rumors about their freshman eligibility.

Orlando JUCO/National Prep Jamboree: (250 college coaches in attendance last year). The best National JUCOs and the Best Prep schools in attendance. Last year we played 4 teams ranked in the top 75 in the Country.

Manatee Freeman Invitational (Florida): We play the likes Montverde, IMG, TLAPS, Huntington Prep, Aspire, etc.

New England Prep School Invitational (Rhode Island): Brewster, Putnam Science, Hargrave Academy, International Club teams, etc. All the post grad teams from East Coast that people are talking about above. We will have some very tough games there and heavily attended by coaches.

Tarkanian Classic (Las Vegas): Event speaks for itself. Event is loaded with the top teams in the nation.

Desert Heat Classic (Arizona): Commits from top prep teams in Oklahoma, Florida, and local West Coast Prep teams. Event at PHHAcility in Arizona. Will be a very fun and loaded event.

Crush in the Valley (NorCal): Maybe the best event now in California. Loaded every year with talent.

Sunrise Christian Classic (Kansas): Sunrise Christian has one of the top post grad teams every year vying for National Championship.

ESPN National Prep Showcase (Massachusetts): Only if we get invited. To be determined by Roster submission this summer by Adam Finklestein

*Of course the GSP teams play Pro teams from China, and college teams that come from Canada and Europe to Napa to play us every year.

Hopefully, this provides enough information for this board to draw its own conclusions. These are just facts and people can make up their own mind which option is better for a player. Go play California JUCO and start your clock, or play at a National State, training with other top players in the USA and see how far you can take your talents. Everyone has a different path and motivations. That is not for any of us to decide. The platform has been created and the landscape of basketball is changing every year. Stay Tuned.
men lie women lie numbers dont. good work

i was not saying your kid as i was answering ole boy question in general. i agreed that gsp is perfect for student athletes who feel they are not quite ready as you can see above. however your explanation will help with the others who do not quite get it. i get it. been got it.

You're right! My bad... need to read a little more closely, but hopefully it will help paint a picture for others.

Basic Facts

GSP what’s the cost per year for a gap year?

How would players from last year GSP speak of experience and expectations? Wasn’t Darrion Trammell your PG last season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT