ADVERTISEMENT

CIF brackets out!

Honestly, everything after sections (besides Open) is a crap shoot and more like the college bowl games than a true playoff. It gets really wacky when you lose and get a better shot at a NorCal/State title, when teams get moved around when they don't have too and so on.

Still a great two weeks of memories for these kids and teams, but you have to acknowledge the silliness of it all

for the record...

Acalanes got gifted a section title after Salesian and CN got pulled to the NCS Open making D2 the worst division in the section.

AND...

They got hosed in the Norcal seeding. They should have been one of the top seeds in D2.

BOTH statements are 100% accurate.

Why the NCS felt it necessary to throw EIGHT teams into the D1 and basically cannibalize itself is beyond me. Meanwhile the SJS throws its teams into D2 and will most likely have 2 SJS teams meet in the finals to go to state.

I'll take Lincoln in the finals to play the Antelope/McClatchy winner for the right to represent the North in the D2 State game.

Antelope and McClatchy should have replaced Acalanes and Marin Catholic in D1 IMO.

****feel free to ridicule me after im wrong on my predictions and they all lose in the 1st round! 😜

Last edited:
Open: Mitty over CLET
D1: SI over Salesian ( No upsets in round 1)
D2: Lincoln over McClatchy this time @ Lincoln (All the SJS teams win round 1, Lick over Los Gatos)
D3: OTECH LOL (What a joke that they are D3)
D4: Give me University

D2: Lincoln over McClatchy this time @ Lincoln (All the SJS teams win round 1, Lick over Los Gatos)
With you on Open, D1, D3. Got McClatchy for D2. Shot in the dark with Branson in D4. No clue in D5 or D6. Haven't heard of most of the schools.

Oakland is D3 (I know still a joke) not O Tech. They are D1.

Oakland Tech has beaten Vanden, CVC, SHC, Oakland, & Burbank (by 34). Their only losses are to Oakland, Inderkum, Folsom & Grant. They’ve played a tough schedule. Should be a good matchup with SJM.
We are on the girls thread. I think you are thinking Boys

Think the Menlo seed is off by a division and a half.

Also surprised by Harker at 24-2 (only losses were both close and both to Menlo). They get a #13 seed in D4. Upset special.
And #13 Harker knocks off #4 Colfax 48-43. Shot to make the final four as they next play #12 Argonaut (also an upset winner).

If I knew Mcclatchy had to play at Antelope I probably would have changed my selection but still close to nailing the top two brackets. Didn’t know anything about SJM. D3 Tech might not play a game within 40. And looks like I’m going to Nail University in D4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT