ADVERTISEMENT

Clayton Valley vs. Concord Predictions

BayReporter

Seasoned Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Based on the last two meetings this should be a hell of a ballgame with a ton of offensive firepower.

CV won their regular season match-up 48-40 behind an incredible performance by Miles Harrison - 336 yards rushing and five touchdowns (5 Rushing, 1 Kick-Return)

Last's years regular season match-up was also won by CV 49-48 that came down to a failed 2-pt conversion by Minutemen.

Clayton is the Leading rushing team in the nation averaging 456.6 yards a game. They have put 605 points on the board while defeating Tracy, Cardinal Newman, Napa, Carson, and Concord.

Concord's high powered offense is led by QB Mitchell Daniels who is 18th in the Nation in passing yards. The Minutemen have put 622 points on the board, there best two victories are against Pinole Valley and Granada, both with losing records. The key is their narrow loss to CV.

CV has a slightly better defense, but this game will come down to a few key stops and turnovers.

Prediction CV-50 Concord-38

I'll take Clayton Valley Charter is a very similar game to the first meeting. CVC's advantage up front in the running game outweighs what Concord can do in the passing game. I'll say 43-41 CVC.

I like Clayton Valley as well. Looks to be there year and I look for a more comfortable win. 50-28.

If the weather is bad CV wins easily. Any passing game will struggle in the rain.

Very impressive showing from the Concord high school's this year - DLS, Clayton Valley, and Concord.

Granted DLS is more of an East Bay All Star Team

Clayton Valley did not benefit from either of their big transfers - Kahlil McKenzie or Ray Jackson both ruled ineligible for the year

Concord's QB is orginally from Clayton Valley, imagine those two teams combined.

Read that Bosco has 30 transfers for football the last two season's, imagine if SoCal was subjected to the same rules as NorCal. My understanding is everyone sits six games period.

Originally posted by BayReporter:
Very impressive showing from the Concord high school's this year - DLS, Clayton Valley, and Concord.

Granted DLS is more of an East Bay All Star Team

Clayton Valley did not benefit from either of their big transfers - Kahlil McKenzie or Ray Jackson both ruled ineligible for the year

Concord's QB is orginally from Clayton Valley, imagine those two teams combined.

Read that Bosco has 30 transfers for football the last two season's, imagine if SoCal was subjected to the same rules as NorCal. My understanding is everyone sits six games period.
Don't forget about the other Concord high schools, Ygnacio Valley and Mt. Diablo. Football players in their boundaries tend to make their way somewhere else. Why limit it to the East Bay? Some key players played youth football on the peninsula and they often get Solano County kids crossing the bridge. Stilll nowhere near the distance some of the SoCal schools draw kids from. Neither McKenzie or Jackson live in Concord, which is part of their problem.

Fair question....just about all of the key players for both Concord and Clayton Valley came up through CVAA youth football. Almost all of them are from Concord. Concord also draws from West Pitt. Clayton Valley has one player that transferred from Pitt who is a back-up.

Obviously, DLS draws form everywhere, including kids that would be CV and Concord.

Tri-valley, in reality, the offense has a big advantage over the defense on a wet field. Receivers know where they are going and are able to cut easier than a DB who is unsure and does not want to make a quick move in fear of slipping. The worst element by far is the wind.

Clayton Valley has their hands full with Concord tomorrow, that is enough to focus on. Inderkum would also be a big challenge for CV since they run a spread, something the Eagles have struggled with.

Clayton Valley Charter is growing and may be D1 in the future anyway. I know they will be D1 this year in baseball already with 1991 students and are within 9 students of being D1 next year in football if they keep the cutoff at 2000. They are but a few more transfer students away from D1 as it is.

CVC unabashed recruiting
sign0094.r191677.gif
. Yes they should win and Yes they should be D 1 shortly.
It's a slim shady operation that is pushing the rules and will be a program who carry's a philosophy of win at all cost.
As they say... there is no honor amongst thieves.
glasses.r191677.gif

good point NCSF. Wind definitely is a factor. However if the QB's hands are small he will have issues.

Kind of surprised I havent seen anyone talk about this game. I heard Clayton won 14-0 can anyone confirm this?

Thanks Observer22. Guess the info I got was from earlier in the game. Didnt know if that was a final or just an update I got.

WOW! 33-6? I thought this game was going to be a shoot out! I guess Clayton valley's defense came to play! Let's see if the get the not cal game(they deserve it)

Originally posted by BayReporter:
Fair question....just about all of the key players for both Concord and Clayton Valley came up through CVAA youth football. Almost all of them are from Concord. Concord also draws from West Pitt. Clayton Valley has one player that transferred from Pitt who is a back-up.

Obviously, DLS draws form everywhere, including kids that would be CV and Concord.
I was under the impression that the number of transfers at CV this year was more than one.

They did have more than one transfer, three of which were ruled ineligible for the season (McKenzie, Jackson, and Murillo). McKenzie's younger brother, Jalen who never played high school football is now playing. Two defensive backs are also eligible and now playing. None of them have been starters for the majority of the season.

Believe me if we do a five-year look back, Pittsburg, Antioch, Concord, all have as many or more transfers than Clayton Valley. Concord's QB was originally at Clayton Valley as was a couple of their wide receiver's.

Do your research, CV was the only school that was punished for their transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT